Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Murphy's law says the more people that show up , the bigger this gets , so do the chances of it going wrong .

How many folks can show up before you need a permit or something from the city ?

Maybe I'm jaded but IMO , if 50 folks with guns show up , you're gonna get at least 1 idiot that can seriously screw this up . I would think that EVERYONE HAS TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE HERE .

That said , I'd like to maybe show up this time with a camera .

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You guys got a date yet?...............

:lmfao: you're funny. two days, not even 36 hours into planning and he asks if we have a date set... :laugh:

What pisses me off is that I had this great big long thing wrote up and my kids threw a car that hit my keyboard and my browser somehow went BACK and I lost it all. :xmad: Kids will be kids, but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I need a smoke.

I'll try again soon.

BTW, FTF meeting will be held This Sunday. I just need a place to do so and someone with a laptop and a place with WIFI unless you have one of those "anywhere" internet cards.

As soon as we decide on a place I'll update the OP and shoot a mass email to those who have emailed me already.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Murphy's law says the more people that show up , the bigger this gets , so do the chances of it going wrong .

How many folks can show up before you need a permit or something from the city ?

Maybe I'm jaded but IMO , if 50 folks with guns show up , you're gonna get at least 1 idiot that can seriously screw this up . I would think that EVERYONE HAS TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE HERE .

That said , I'd like to maybe show up this time with a camera .

That one idiot will, however, be surrounded by 49 non-idiots, including folk who are law enforcement. With a little planning, you can handle a 2% idiot rate.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    :lmfao: you're funny. two days, not even 36 hours into planning and he asks if we have a date set... :laugh:

What pisses me off is that I had this great big long thing wrote up and my kids threw a car that hit my keyboard and my browser somehow went BACK and I lost it all. :xmad: Kids will be kids, but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I need a smoke.

I'll try again soon.

BTW, FTF meeting will be held This Sunday. I just need a place to do so and someone with a laptop and a place with WIFI unless you have one of those "anywhere" internet cards.

As soon as we decide on a place I'll update the OP and shoot a mass email to those who have emailed me already.

Sunday will work for me as far as meeting goes. Panera in Plainfield has Wifi i believe and I have a laptop. Other than that I live in Avon and we could do it here.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN

I'll try again soon.

If its around noon i can be there and i can bring my laptop...well i could bring 2 ha

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I think that we do need to be careful about promoting too many things. We should either just focus on 2a rights or maybe not even that.

Either way....we need to promote something and not be Anti- anything. I say this because a lot of people will already look at us like we are crazy. The last thing we need is them to say, "see those guys with guns, hate Obama, don't want health care, don't want to kill babies" etc.

This would only help them demonize us.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think that we do need to be careful about promoting too many things. We should either just focus on 2a rights or maybe not even that.

Either way....we need to promote something and not be Anti- anything. I say this because a lot of people will already look at us like we are crazy. The last thing we need is them to say, "see those guys with guns, hate Obama, don't want health care, don't want to kill babies" etc.

This would only help them demonize us.

Which is why we focus on 2A rights and NOTHING else. Period.

Panera sounds good. Not sure how many people will come but if we can fit everyone in there that works. Any other suggestions?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    What I would like to see this turn into is a group of gunowners, that have proved themselves to the community to be "normal" folks.

THen in the future when we want to support/protest something that same group can be there, guns and all. But people will know, these people are ok.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    And as far as involving various Gun rights organizations

I know dburkhead is already contacting the pink pistols

does anyone know how or have the contacts to involve the Liberty Belles, Jews for the preservation of firearm ownership, Students for Concealed Carry on Camus,The Second Amendment Foundation, The Gun Owners Action League, Gun Owners of America, Or the NRA?

I'll contact the stat coordinator for Students for Concealed cary on campus this week and get back to you all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    I would love to attend if work schedule permits. I only have a couple little crappy handguns, 38 and a Baretta - almost embarrassing compared to you guys. I only WISH I could afford an AK or SKS or something. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME! Still would love to show up and support our Second Amendment Rights.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It's not too many causes, It is many groups with various background United for a common cause.

Yup.

Pink Pistols is a 2nd Amendment group for gay folk.
    Liberty Belles is a 2nd Amendment group for women.

What we want, IMO, is a diverse set of people united on the 2nd Amendment theme. That whole "all walks of life" bit.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If I can make it, which is still very likely I'm thinking I'll have my pump 12 ga slung on my back.

But I agree in that it should be just for one cause, I'd say this one for our 2A rights. and also for this first time be kinda selective on the people. Mostly people that have proven patriotic and supportive of our 2A rights who have proven to be pretty "normal" people. Just so we have minimum problems.
    With the day you are planning the FTF meeting I won't be able to make it, I've got church, plus family from out of state are in this weekend, one being a cousin in the Air Force. So just please keep me updated.

Top Bottom