Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You will feel a bit paranoid at first, but this event will remedy that.

Sheesh. I gotta get to work on that spreadsheet... :laugh:

/walks away from INGO for a little bit.. :p

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Provided it's not this weekend I'm in. I'm guessing a Boondock Saints t-shirt and camo shorts are not proper attire.:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Okay, here's the deal. I know I've seen more people confirm yes or maybe but I only have emails from 13 people.

Colt45er
    Archbishop
    hotfarmboy1
    Versuchstier147
    BloodEclipse
    AllenM
    Tommy2Tone
    Henktermaat
    2ADMNLOVER
    cigarman454
    and I have info for an "Al T." that said maybe, but I don't have the user name for you.

If your name isn't on that list please email me the information as requested on the list in the OP at tha.daddy@yahoo.com. This way I can get you in the database and update the OP with those planning or wanting to attend. Rest assured your private info (email, real name) will not be released without your consent.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Carefully consider long-guns in a restaurant

If you follow up your march with everyone going to some sit-down restaurant - with long guns - please consider the following:

Where will you put your long guns as you eat? On the table? On the floor? Leaning up against your chair? Shoved in a booth?

Will a waitress knock them over as you are getting served? Will the muzzle remain pointed in a safe direction at all times?

Will you cause an otherwise gun-friendly owner to think twice - and post new signs prohibiting guns in his private establishment?

Does it make more sense to pack the long guns in your car, after the march?

Just some things to consider. That's all.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you follow up your march with everyone going to some sit-down restaurant - with long guns - please consider the following:

Where will you put your long guns as you eat? On the table? On the floor? Leaning up against your chair? Shoved in a booth?

Will a waitress knock them over as you are getting served? Will the muzzle remain pointed in a safe direction at all times?

Will you cause an otherwise gun-friendly owner to think twice - and post new signs prohibiting guns in his private establishment?

Does it make more sense to pack the long guns in your car, after the march?

Just some things to consider. That's all.

I figured the dinner would be optional and that all long guns be left in the vehicles and just OC our pistols. That way we can avoid all those concerns you listed.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You may want to have some people monitor the vehicles then. The Circle has become a real slum these past few years...

WHOA KILLER! Not everyone's rich enough to afford restraunts at the circle! :): I was thinking Steak and Shake, or Taco Bell... :laugh: J/K Seriously though, I wouldn't want to eat anywhere downtown Indy anyway. Too far from where we'd have to park....

Suggestions of places to eat that won't break the bank would be great!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    second_amendment_shirt_zoom.jpg
    :rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would love to attend if work schedule permits. I only have a couple little crappy handguns, 38 and a Baretta - almost embarrassing compared to you guys. I only WISH I could afford an AK or SKS or something. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME! Still would love to show up and support our Second Amendment Rights.

I like your spunk. If you decide to go, email me. If I can make it, I'll bring a spare "long gun" for you to display.:patriot:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Um question, I was talkin to the 'rents about this. And my Dad said he would like to come. However he does not have a LTCH. Do you think you would let him skate by with his Honorable discharge papers or an old Military ID?

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    You may want to consider using the Indy 1500 at the fairgrounds as a rendezvous location. (I think it is the weekend of the 28th.) It might be easier to meet up there and then ride downtown with whoever has a mini van. Do the march, then meet up again at the decided eating establishment later. I work downtown and really cant think of anyplace that is going to make life easy for a group of guys carrying long arms to sit down and enjoy a meal.

I would get less of an eyeball roll from my wife if I told her I was going to the gun show, than I would if I told her I was going down to march on the circle for my 2A rights... But thats just me :P Hopefully everything will be calm and peaceful and I wont have to call her up and beg for bail money.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I figured the dinner would be optional and that all long guns be left in the vehicles and just OC our pistols. That way we can avoid all those concerns you listed.

Surely there's at least one locally owned restaurant in Indy whose owner would support what we're doing & the subsequent OC of long guns into his establishment. I'm not familiar enough with the area to track such a place down, but if you consider how many people we're likely to have in attendance, we might be able to get priority treatment from a local business.

If we can't find a way to accomplish this, then I agree with Mettle. We should take the responsibility of monitoring the vehicles in shifts.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Um question, I was talkin to the 'rents about this. And my Dad said he would like to come. However he does not have a LTCH. Do you think you would let him skate by with his Honorable discharge papers or an old Military ID?

That works. Tell him I appreciate his service. :patriot:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I am excited to see the enthusiasm everyone is expressing for this event. Savage, you're doing a great civic duty here!

I have to chuckle a little at how many posts start with what the poster intends to carry on the march...but not why they intend to march. I think we all know the why of it, so we're immediately getting into the logistics.

The problem is that others do not understand why we would feel so strongly about the Second Amendment, not to mention those who deny that it gives us an individual right to keep and bear arms.

I'm not sure much can be done to convince the hard-core anti-gun crowd, but I think this march can show the community that they have nothing to fear from fellow citizens who carry firearms. It can also drive home the point that there is a basic right and that it will be supported and exercised.

Count me in, hopefully I can drop down to Plainfield on Sunday. I'll send email separately.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You may want to consider using the Indy 1500 at the fairgrounds as a rendezvous location. (I think it is the weekend of the 28th.) It might be easier to meet up there and then ride downtown with whoever has a mini van. Do the march, then meet up again at the decided eating establishment later. I work downtown and really cant think of anyplace that is going to make life easy for a group of guys carrying long arms to sit down and enjoy a meal.

I would get less of an eyeball roll from my wife if I told her I was going to the gun show, than I would if I told her I was going down to march on the circle for my 2A rights... But thats just me :P Hopefully everything will be calm and peaceful and I wont have to call her up and beg for bail money.

That would be great, but the actual march will probably come after the 1500, although, I'm not quite sure at the moment when it is. There was a suggestion to coincide this with the 9/12 DC events on that Saturday, but I'm not sure if that's what we'll do or not yet. Besides, It'll take more than a minivan or two to haul the twenty people who've said Yes/Maybe and their long guns, signs, gear, etc.

Good thought though.

Surely there's at least one locally owned restaurant in Indy whose owner would support what we're doing & the subsequent OC of long guns into his establishment. I'm not familiar enough with the area to track such a place down, but if you consider how many people we're likely to have in attendance, we might be able to get priority treatment from a local business.

If we can't find a way to accomplish this, then I agree with Mettle. We should take the responsibility of monitoring the vehicles in shifts.

This WOULD be great if we could find a big enough restraunt and if we could address the concerns of carrying in long guns....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am excited to see the enthusiasm everyone is expressing for this event. Savage, you're doing a great civic duty here!

I have to chuckle a little at how many posts start with what the poster intends to carry on the march...but not why they intend to march. I think we all know the why of it, so we're immediately getting into the logistics.

The problem is that others do not understand why we would feel so strongly about the Second Amendment, not to mention those who deny that it gives us an individual right to keep and bear arms.

I'm not sure much can be done to convince the hard-core anti-gun crowd, but I think this march can show the community that they have nothing to fear from fellow citizens who carry firearms. It can also drive home the point that there is a basic right and that it will be supported and exercised.

Count me in, hopefully I can drop down to Plainfield on Sunday. I'll send email separately.

I feel the same way. And we're not out there to convince the hard core anti-gunners. We're out there to show the sheeple the rights they have but never exercise and how they are close to losing them.

We're spinning this off the guy with the AR in AZ and the guy with the pistol in NH so the media can't vilify them later and use them as an excuse to pass more laws against carry.

EDIT: Basiclly we want to get Gun Owners out of the closet, so to speak, and get them to stand up for their rights too. So many are afraid to stand up or too lazy to do anything and if we show them that we're not afraid, maybe they too will follow suit.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I would love to attend if work schedule permits. I only have a couple little crappy handguns, 38 and a Baretta - almost embarrassing compared to you guys. I only WISH I could afford an AK or SKS or something. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME! Still would love to show up and support our Second Amendment Rights.

Well unless a catastrophe happens I'll be their and if MGderf can't make it I'll bring something extra if you need it probably be down to the AK and Garand if a job doesn't pick up but should be suffcient.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom