Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Don't forget the Second Amendment Sisters, they are a Pro-2A women's group.

Also, if this gets organized there should be media notification at least 7 days in advance!!! Preferably by at least 2 different groups that are planning to attend so if the INGO informally arranged group attends, then one notice should come from the organizer, BUT as other groups should be recruited, try to get at least 1 of them to send a Press Release as well.

DO NOT RUSH THIS EVENT. Organizing is MORE than just getting a bunch of us together, it includes getting a coalition together and alerting the media.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would love to attend if work schedule permits. I only have a couple little crappy handguns, 38 and a Baretta - almost embarrassing compared to you guys. I only WISH I could afford an AK or SKS or something. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME! Still would love to show up and support our Second Amendment Rights.

Protection is protection no matter what it is. Never be ashamed of what you carry. If it goes bang, it can save your life and that's what matters. We'd love to have you!

It's not too many causes, It is many groups with various background United for a common cause.

Right, united for a common cause. Which is one cause, which is what i think he's saying.

Yes, this. As long as no one's pushes a pet agenda, they're welcome.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Which is why we focus on 2A rights and NOTHING else. Period.

This is what I meant . This day is about 2A only , leave everything else at home for this day .

Not trying to be a buzzkill , just saying that maybe the first time ought to be kept simple .

Also maybe on the day of , all involved might sign a generic letter of peaceful intent as a CYA measure . :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't think so, she is going with me ;)

:lmfao:

Ok guys, still need a good location for the FTF meet. Panera looks to be the best.

So I'm setting a time and location for Sunday. OP is being updated for this.

Panera Bread in Plainfield, Sunday August 23rd, 5pm sharp.
    I know this will conflict with some family functions, but is after church.

Please bring any suggestions with you not put in the emails to me. Also if you wish to bring a laptop please do so. I will have the suggestions given to me in email and my suggested route.

All topics for discussion will be brought up then and the date for the Rally will be set at this time. Expect to spend about 2 hours. If more time is needed a second meeting will be scheduled.

Thanks.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please excuse me for a little while. My kids are getting out of hand and I need to sort through all this information. Thanks guys. You're all making me so proud to be an American right now!!!!

:patriot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :lmfao:

Ok guys, still need a good location for the FTF meet. Panera looks to be the best.

So I'm setting a time and location for Sunday. OP is being updated for this.

Panera Bread in Plainfield, Sunday August 23rd, 5pm sharp.
    I know this will conflict with some family functions, but is after church.

Please bring any suggestions with you not put in the emails to me. Also if you wish to bring a laptop please do so. I will have the suggestions given to me in email and my suggested route.

All topics for discussion will be brought up then and the date for the Rally will be set at this time. Expect to spend about 2 hours. If more time is needed a second meeting will be scheduled.

Thanks.

For those of us not from Central Indiana who will TRY to make it, where is Plainfield? Address for Panera?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    For those of us not from Central Indiana who will TRY to make it, where is Plainfield? Address for Panera?

Plainfield is just West by Southwest of Indianapolis, a few miles outside 465. Unless I'm badly mistaken, the address for the Panera should be:

iw_close.gif
    iw_plus.gif
    Full-screen
    iw_minus.gif
    Metropolis Mile (#1112) - 2.08 Miles
    313 Metropolis Mile, Plainfield, 46168
    (317) 837-1583 | phone
    (317) 837-1584 | fax

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I'm pretty sure they would not be cool with OC... I seem to recall a thread where a guy OC'd there and the cops were called. Could have been called in by a customer, however.

I have a feeling they would not be cool with it, but not sure.

I do know we are limited becuase Savage wants access to the internet while we meet. This right there limits our options, past that we are even more limited if we want to make this on OC meeting.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    We have had several question as to the proper/best way to carry a long gun with a sidearm or just plain how to carry a long arm.

Because of this and to keep this thread more on topic about ideas for our march, please check out

How to carry and long gun and sidearm in public.

If you have experience here, please post for the rest of us to noobs to see. If you ahve questions, post them too!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SO sorry for not posting the address! I will update the OP. I will be OCing as always but my shirt will be over it. If they make us leave we can come to my home if the crowd isn't too large. There is plenty of room for parking if there's not a lot of people. I have Wifi. :D My wife and mother may not like it but I have a garage and a driveway. Not many chairs though.

I'm currently going through all my emails from everyone and making a list. If the maybe's would like to attend the meeting that would be helpful. I will update the OP with the names when I'm finished. If I need any info from anyone I will post it by their name in the OP.

For those who can attend, please remember to bring along any suggestions, concerns, helpful info with you. Route suggestions too. I have mine written down and working on my list of suggestions.

I would like this meeting to be INGO members only for the time being. There most likely will be a second meeting with better planning and organization. This initial meeting will be crucial, however. It will set the tone and road ahead for this March. We want it done right and that's what I aim to do.

Whew. Kids taking a nap. :D So peaceful....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please continue to use this thread to discuss things for the march. However small they are. A new thread will be created in due time to focus more on just the march and details for such. This thread has gotten WAY too long for folks to search for information in and that's why a new thread will be created with strict posting rules.

But PLEASE continue debating and discussing here. This is the important thread.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom