• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Everyone says he should have kept it in the vehicle. What if they were in a convertible or something with a broken window or something that they couldnt lock it in? They are on the way back from shooting and want to stop for lunch? Not breaking any law, so why not? Maybe it wasnt activists...could be a lot more simple... Lots of people throwing names and blame around when the main point is NOTHING ILLEGAL was done...except by the cops...
    Yes but if you keep doing legal things they will eventually become illegal! DUH!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Everyone says he should have kept it in the vehicle. What if they were in a convertible or something with a broken window or something that they couldnt lock it in? They are on the way back from shooting and want to stop for lunch? Not breaking any law, so why not? Maybe it wasnt activists...could be a lot more simple... Lots of people throwing names and blame around when the main point is NOTHING ILLEGAL was done...except by the cops...

ah drive-thru?:dunno: ah what the heck ... WALLET!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What the heck are we wasting time with having a SCOTUS. The police decide what we can and can't do regardless of laws. If they don't like it they stick a Glock in your face.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Why should they have to use the drive thru? Nothing illegal done... Sometimes I just want to sit and eat.. Mind my own business and break zero laws..

Negating your argument about not having a place to lock your rifle. If this isn't central to your point why did you use it as part of your argument?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    How in the world does that negate my argument? I want to go sit and eat, no place to lock up my gun, so I will sling it and not break any laws. He obviously walked in with it on and ordered food, if anyone had an issue they should have told him then.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    How in the world does that negate my argument? I want to go sit and eat, no place to lock up my gun, so I will sling it and not break any laws. He obviously walked in with it on and ordered food, if anyone had an issue they should have told him then.

To me your argument was you had no choice but to carry a rifle to eat. I just offered another alternative. If that wasn't your main point than sorry. I don't think anyone going to change anyone's mind on this subject.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...He obviously walked in with it on and ordered food, if anyone had an issue they should have told him then.

They didn't say anything because they were intimidated. They called the cops to take care of the problem because they were afraid to confront the three guys who were obviously there to stir something up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What the heck are we wasting time with having a SCOTUS. The police decide what we can and can't do regardless of laws. If they don't like it they stick a Glock in your face.
    Seems the the preferred response in this case is that "WE will treat you as if you are guilty of something until such time that WE determine that you are not."

"In the meantime WE will make our" investigation" as unpleasant as possible to discourage you from ever doing something so irrational again."

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is the Jason of all threads, It won't DIE!!!!
    This isn't even close.

To me your argument was you had no choice but to carry a rifle to eat. I just offered another alternative. If that wasn't your main point than sorry. I don't think anyone going to change anyone's mind on this subject.
    No, his argument wasn't that there was no choice, but that the other choices were less acceptable. And you don't get to decide what's acceptable because it's not your life. Is there anything else you want to control about other people?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    This isn't even close.

No, his argument wasn't that there was no choice, but that the other choices were less acceptable. And you don't get to decide what's acceptable because it's not your life. Is there anything else you want to control about other people?

Offering a different view isn't about control. Seems you're the one hung up on control. Aren't you telling me what I can or can't do?

bk5777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    bloomington
    Carrying a long rifle into an restaurant is a little extreme. Out west its normal to see someone having a rifle in the back window of a old pickup truck. But, you don't see people carrying them into resturants. I don't care if its legal or not... Carrying an AR-15 in to a public place is a not normal occurance. Therefore, it should be addressed. Lets say that you have a child in an elementary school. One day you pick up that child carrying an AR-15 over your shoulder. If I was a cop I can guarantee you that I would find some reason to jack you up and charge you with anything that I possibly could. Jackasses like you make it tough on the normal ones within the group. My advice to you. "GET A LIFE".

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Carrying a long rifle into an restaurant is a little extreme. Out west its normal to see someone having a rifle in the back window of a old pickup truck. But, you don't see people carrying them into resturants. I don't care if its legal or not... Carrying an AR-15 in to a public place is a not normal occurance. Therefore, it should be addressed. Lets say that you have a child in an elementary school. One day you pick up that child carrying an AR-15 over your shoulder. If I was a cop I can guarantee you that I would find some reason to jack you up and charge you with anything that I possibly could. Jackasses like you make it tough on the normal ones within the group. My advice to you. "GET A LIFE".
    :rolleyes:
    Carrying a rifle into a school is a felony, no need to make up charges. Carrying one into a restaurant is perfectly legal.

Seems maybe you are the one that needs to "get a life". Coming onto a forum and insulting people is not a good way to start out.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Glad you are not a cop since you would just make up violations as you see fit all the while missing the violation of having a firearm on school property. You should be given an award or something

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes. We must all strive to be "normal".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They didn't say anything because they were intimidated. They called the cops to take care of the problem because they were afraid to confront the three guys who were obviously there to stir something up.

If I carried my rifle into McDonald's, would you assume I was obviously there to stir something up?

I've never done it at a McDonald's, but I have had my rifle with me when I've entered businesses before where it would be considered unusual for someone to have a rifle with them. It wasn't to "stir things up."

Top Bottom