• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I missed the part where it was the firearms fault...

You're just helping the antis at this point. Showing that gun owners are okay with their rights being restricted because some IDIOT used a gun to kill innocent people will not help
    Precisely. The entire premise of the argument against carrying a long gun is identical to the one used to opposed carry at all. "Well, some people can't be trusted with a firearm, so nobody should have them."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems the officers let their personal feelings get involved by pointing a firearm, ripping the slung rifle from where it was safely sitting, pretty much begging the manager to ask them to leave, berating them in public... Did I miss anything?
    Oh you mean the LEO holding up the rifle and making the inquiry of the manager in this manner? "Do you want him in here with this damn rifle?" Instead of not exasperating the situation and just reassuring the manager that no laws were broken and it would be their call if they wanted him to leave?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Oh you mean the LEO holding up the rifle and making the inquiry of the manager in this manner? "Do you want him in here with this damn rifle?" Instead of not exasperating the situation and just reassuring the manager that no laws were broken and it would be their call if they wanted him to leave?

And then taking them outside and continuing to berate them... yes.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Precisely. The entire premise of the argument against carrying a long gun is identical to the one used to opposed carry at all. "Well, some people can't be trusted with a firearm, so nobody should have them."

guess we should trust everybody, regardless of actions. wouldn't wanna risk inconveniencing somebody

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not sure what that's suppose to mean?
    It means that you are attempting to discredit the position by arguing that failure to reproduce the same behavior somehow equates to a contradiction or hypocritical point of view. Just because I support their right to do something doesn't mean I have to do that something. My choice not to carry a rifle is irrelevant to my position on the act of carrying a rifle. So questioning me about carrying a rifle is only going to garner answers about my personal choice, not the universal issue of carrying a long gun.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So, Destro, you're okay with your rights being restricted because of what others have done? Can you not speak freely or practice whatever religion you want as well?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It means that you are attempting to discredit the position by arguing that failure to reproduce the same behavior somehow equates to a contradiction or hypocritical point of view. Just because I support their right to do something doesn't mean I have to do that something. My choice not to carry a rifle is irrelevant to my position on the act of carrying a rifle. So questioning me about carrying a rifle is only going to garner answers about my personal choice, not the universal issue of carrying a long gun.

By stating that I'm attempting to discredit your position is implying that I'm against someone carrying a rifle.

Which, quite frankly, pisses me off because I have never said I was for or against someone carrying a rifle.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    By stating that I'm attempting to discredit your position is implying that I'm against someone carrying a rifle.

Which, quite frankly, pisses me off because I have never said I was for or against someone carrying a rifle.
    So exactly what were you implying by asking the question?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This thread's been going on for close to a week. None of the OC/rifle crowd has eaten out since then?
    Now this here seems to me to be implying that the "OC/rifle crowd" (your words) should go out and do something that they normally would'nt do because they don't carry a long gun purely as a preference just to get some kind of reaction. Is that what your implying?

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I missed the part where it was the firearms fault...

You're just helping the antis at this point. Showing that gun owners are okay with their rights being restricted because some IDIOT used a gun to kill innocent people will not help

I don't know who you are talking about. I've only ever said it was reasonable for police to talk to the guy and assess the situation. I even said the police seemed to be too aggressive....assuming that the OP is accurately telling the story.

Go carry a rifle into a McDonalds. I don't care, but anyone who think that the police are irrational or "freedom stealers" if they want to see what's going on is living in a parallel universe divorced from reality.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't know who you are talking about. I've only ever said it was reasonable for police to talk to the guy and assess the situation. I even said the police seemed to be too aggressive....assuming that the OP is accurately telling the story.

Go carry a rifle into a McDonalds. I don't care, but anyone who think that the police are irrational or "freedom stealers" if they want to see what's going on is living in a parallel universe divorced from reality.

This quote seems pretty sarcastic to me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why would anyone ever be concerned with someone carrying a long gun into a McDonalds? I fail to see any reason for the police to be called.

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then you stated that you've never heard of a furry going into McDonalds and killing 21 then injuring another 19 more. It seems that you are using this as a reason for why we should not be allowed to carry a long gun into McDonalds. If I'm misunderstanding, please feel free to correct me.

Top Bottom