• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I am normal, it is the rest of the world that is screwed up.
    Someone sitting in a Micky D's with a couple of friends eating a Big Mac with a rifle legally slung over THEIR shoulder fits THEIR definition of normal. Who's to say that either one of you is wrong? Society? Pffft....

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I missed the story where the furry killed 21 people and wounded another 19 in a McDonalds.

I missed the story where the long gun killed 21 people and wounded another 19 in a McDonalds. Oh, sidebar here, people have been STABBED in McDonald's too. Should that limit my ability to carry a knife in there? People have been shot with a handgun in there. Should that limit my ability to carry a handgun in there? Just because some NUTJOB has done something with a tool, does not mean it should effect all of our abilities to carry the same tool. Just saying.

Rebecca Simmons Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing McDonald's Customer In The Buttocks

Indiana Code 34-28-7

That should be good enough for you and as a matter of fact, I DO know how to use google, thank you very much :P
    Again, I realize you seem to be on the same side of this debate as myself, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with McDonald's being antigun. Unless the person who originally posted that, said that he was an employee who was told no firearms, it has nothing to do with this. :dunno:

When did they tell him he couldn't carry it in public?

Specifically? Never. However, by berating him in public, he is trying to sway him from ever doing it again. This is a "heckler's veto" and I'm sure most lawyers would be HAPPY to make the stretch that by doing so, the officer is in violation of IC 35-47-11.1. IC 35-47-11.1 is the local regulation of firearms and accessories. I believe, and just my opinion, the officer is acting as an official of a political subdivision. Could be wrong, it's happened, but I believe the stretch could be made.

Investigating a 911 call about a MWAG in McDonalds is not a power trip, it's part of their job.

Absolutely. 100% agree. Berating a person carrying a legal firearm in a legal manner, is not however.

So you would agree that police coming to the McDonalds and just talking to the the guy and trying to assess the situation would be appropriate?

Absolutely, however, once they found everything was legal they should have left. Up until that point, he is NOT a criminal and should not be treated as such.

you do know what a Terry stop is, right?

Yes, but what does a Terry stop have to do with this? What was the RAS of a crime that is either happening or has happened.

I'll give you a clue. It's been ruled that the mere presence of a firearm is NOT RAS.

Carrying a long rifle into an restaurant is a little extreme. Out west its normal to see someone having a rifle in the back window of a old pickup truck. But, you don't see people carrying them into resturants. I don't care if its legal or not... Carrying an AR-15 in to a public place is a not normal occurance. Therefore, it should be addressed. Lets say that you have a child in an elementary school. One day you pick up that child carrying an AR-15 over your shoulder. If I was a cop I can guarantee you that I would find some reason to jack you up and charge you with anything that I possibly could. Jackasses like you make it tough on the normal ones within the group. My advice to you. "GET A LIFE".

Seeing as carrying a long gun, slung over your shoulder, into a restaurant is legal and carrying a long gun, in the same manner is illegal: apples and oranges.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If I carried my rifle into McDonald's, would you assume I was obviously there to stir something up?

I've never done it at a McDonald's, but I have had my rifle with me when I've entered businesses before where it would be considered unusual for someone to have a rifle with them. It wasn't to "stir things up."

Blasphemy! You were looking for a quick buck.

I am normal, it is the rest of the world that is screwed up.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Carrying a long rifle into an restaurant is a little extreme. Out west its normal to see someone having a rifle in the back window of a old pickup truck. But, you don't see people carrying them into resturants. I don't care if its legal or not... Carrying an AR-15 in to a public place is a not normal occurance. Therefore, it should be addressed. Lets say that you have a child in an elementary school. One day you pick up that child carrying an AR-15 over your shoulder. If I was a cop I can guarantee you that I would find some reason to jack you up and charge you with anything that I possibly could. Jackasses like you make it tough on the normal ones within the group. My advice to you. "GET A LIFE".
    I think you're confused. I don't even own a rifle, let alone a child.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So sad, 1 more 2nd amendment and OC supporter's life snuffed out early by power hungry JBT's. Why did the SWAT sniper need a scope? POLICE STATE! hope the family got PAID!
    I know you used the sarcastic color but... Seriously? Seems a bit out of line taking a shot at 2nd ammendment and OC supporters that don't appreciate getting hassled by over zealous LEO's responding to a MWAG call. Especially when it's unwarranted.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    So you have ZERO integrity? You are saying you wouldnt do your job, you would harass people instead? CONGRATS ON QUALIFYING FOR NYPD!

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    you do know what a Terry stop is, right?
    You obviously need it explained to you. Because if the cops are called on you its not a Terry stop. They are actually investigating the call. Once the cop arrived and saw no law being broken he should have been code 4. Instead the cop made the situation worse and harassed law abiding citizens and should of been charged with disorderly conduct.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Seems a bit out of line taking a shot at 2nd ammendment and OC supporters that don't appreciate getting hassled by over zealous LEO's responding to a MWAG call. Especially when it's unwarranted.

What some people think is inappropriate, is someone else's normal....thought that what this thread was all about?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    You obviously need it explained to you. Because if the cops are called on you its not a Terry stop. They are actually investigating the call. Once the cop arrived and saw no law being broken he should have been code 4. Instead the cop made the situation worse and harassed law abiding citizens and should of been charged with disorderly conduct.

wow....way to dig deep and take a post I made to somebody else out of context, shall I start a slow clap? Code 4? ROFL

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Exactly. Do the job without making it personal. Their job was to investigate a MWAG call and conduct the investigation according to the parameters of any applicable laws despite whatever personal feelings they may have had on the subject.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Seems the officers let their personal feelings get involved by pointing a firearm, ripping the slung rifle from where it was safely sitting, pretty much begging the manager to ask them to leave, berating them in public... Did I miss anything?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Offering a different view isn't about control. Seems you're the one hung up on control. Aren't you telling me what I can or can't do?
    And when you just offer up a different view, we can discuss the merits of each side. Your "different" view comes with the implication that other people shouldn't be doing something and that you think it's acceptable to use LE as a proxy to control that behavior to meet compliance with your differing opinion.

Top Bottom