• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I missed the story where the furry killed 21 people and wounded another 19 in a McDonalds.

And people have been killed in McDs with handguns.
    So if you have your pistol, is it appropriate to run in with guns drawn, and then slam you around?

Or should they enter, access the situation, then calmly question people?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I missed the story where the furry killed 21 people and wounded another 19 in a McDonalds.
    By that logic....

It would be reasonable to be confronted and detained if one dresses as Santa, a clown, a ghost, or.....wait for it.....a LEO.

Police: Gunman in Murder-Suicide Dressed as Santa
    Man Who Raped Girl While Dressed As Clown Sentenced To 10 Years - Jose Jimenez
    Man Murdered Pensioner While Dressed AS A GHOST In Order To Steal Over $4,500 Of His Savings | WIDK
    Mississippi Highway Killer May Be Dressed Like Police Officer

This post is made tongue in cheek to highlight how silly your logic is. Though I did look for a furry murderer. I was surprised to find that none made the first 6 pages of my search. However, I did find one who hired another furry to kill his [first furry's] parents. Payment? The furry to do the killing got to bite the penis off of the guy that wanted the killing done. Based on that, if I ever see a furry in public, I'm calling the cops. That kind of weirdness is completely out of place.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And people have been killed in McDs with handguns.
    So if you have your pistol, is it appropriate to run in with guns drawn, and then slam you around?

Or should they enter, access the situation, then calmly question people?
    Well, let's not forget that in the OP, they had done a fair bit of assessment by first looking through the windows. Safe to say it was apparent no one was being held at gun point and there was no clear and obvious specific threat.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    temper troubles?

Nope, why would you even ask?

McDonald's has publicly stated that their stores/franchisees should follow state laws. IC 34-28-7 is the law they have to follow for employees. The rest was tongue in cheek..............and there's no smiley face for that :(

:P on most forums has the smiley face with tongue stuck out, thought that'd work here. Suppose that's what I get for not looking first :facepalm:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So did some guy really take his AR15 into McDonald's to order his bigmac? Seriously? And in addition to that seems to be surprised that the police where called? Holy COW! There is no talking to someone like that. Really what kind of person does that and why? Nothing like turning ordinary people against the firearms issue. It worked out real well in California didn't it? Sheezzz guys leave your flipping rifles in the car when you go eat. For anyone with even one ounce of common sense, no one should even be having to mention that was some silly lack of judgement. It ain't complicated guys....if it don't feel right it probably isn't. No rational person is going to feel right walking into McDonalds with a slung long gun.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    So did some guy really take his AR15 into McDonald's to order his bigmac? Seriously? And in addition to that seems to be surprised that the police where called? Holy COW! There is no talking to someone like that. Really what kind of person does that and why? Nothing like turning ordinary people against the firearms issue. It worked out real well in California didn't it? Sheezzz guys leave your flipping rifles in the car when you go eat. For anyone with even one ounce of common sense, no one should even be having to mention that was some silly lack of judgement. It ain't complicated guys....if it don't feel right it probably isn't. No rational person is going to feel right walking into McDonalds with a slung long gun.
    Yes because it is safer in the car right? I don't think the OP minded that the cops were called, but how they handled themselves, which was like little children.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

You are so late to this party. And I'd argue that no rational person should have a fear of someone carrying a long gun. So there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The part I highlighted in bold tells me all I need to know about a LEOs perspective and why the LEOs had the attitude they did and how they handled the situation as described in the OP. Exactly whom would you say acted rational in that instance? Certainly not the responding officers IMO.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    McDonald's is antigun. Has been for a long while. They give a lot of money to those who would disarm us yet many firearms owners insist on eating there. It can't be the food, fast food is fast food. You can get a burger like theirs anywhere. I say the same for their fires too so why pay them to help others disarm us like so many firearms owners do?

Between McDonald's and AARP, I wonder just how many of you (not me as I am AARP age and am not nor will I ever be a member) are paying to have their guns taken away from them? Why do this when you can vote with your wallet and tell them we don't like their politics?

The above may be off topic but what do you expect OCing a rifle in a McDonald's when they are already admitting to being antigun? I don't even park in a McDonald's parking lot let alone eat their food. I go elsewhere, like Jimmy John's or Arby's for my fast food. Stop paying McDonald's and AARP to take our guns away already.

My experience is they follow local laws. I regularly OC at one in Munster on the weekend. Last time I did it was have coffee with a cop day. No one bothered me even though there were several Munster LEO hanging out talking to customers the whole time.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So did some guy really take his AR15 into McDonald's to order his bigmac? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Why so incredulous? It's not like he violated a law or anyone's rights simply by carrying a rifle on his person.

And in addition to that seems to be surprised that the police where called? Holy COW!

It's not terribly shocking that the police were called, rather their actual response that sounds ridiculous. Holy cow indeed. I can't imagine what on earth they thought they were even "enforcing"?

There is no talking to someone like that.

Exactly how I feel every time I respond to your posts, yet I still enjoy picking your tirades apart in front of others. ;)

Really what kind of person does that and why?

A person who places more value on the free exercise of their right to keep and bear arms than you do. A person of adequate courage who is willing to face the dreaded "heckler's veto" when it rears its ugly head.

Nothing like turning ordinary people against the firearms issue. It worked out real well in California didn't it?

California infringed its residents' right to bear arms right out of existence one calculated step at a time, leaving ordinary residents with fewer and fewer legal options to carry until none remained. Surely you understand that, right? It had nothing to do with public sentiment - it was always the game plan.

Sheezzz guys leave your flipping rifles in the car when you go eat.

Why can't you just make choices for yourself and respect others' liberty likewise to do as they choose?

For anyone with even one ounce of common sense, no one should even be having to mention that was some silly lack of judgement.

I know, the responding officers should be embarrassed in hindsight. Their "investigation" sounds like it was rife with poor judgement. I mean, dang... it was just a dude with a rifle eatin' a sammich - no need to go full Yeager.

It ain't complicated guys....if it don't feel right it probably isn't. No rational person is going to feel right walking into McDonalds with a slung long gun.

So anyone that does things differently than you is irrational? Why should they even consider setting your feelings as their standard? Get over yourself.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I know, the responding officers should be embarrassed in hindsight. Their "investigation" sounds like it was rife with poor judgement. I mean, dang... it was just a dude with a rifle eatin' a sammich - no need to go full Yeager.
    You mean the responding officers had shoulder twitches too??:laugh:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Everyone says he should have kept it in the vehicle. What if they were in a convertible or something with a broken window or something that they couldnt lock it in? They are on the way back from shooting and want to stop for lunch? Not breaking any law, so why not? Maybe it wasnt activists...could be a lot more simple... Lots of people throwing names and blame around when the main point is NOTHING ILLEGAL was done...except by the cops...

Top Bottom