• ...and so much more!
  • Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Can i have the officers names?

I havent heard of the McDonald's being robbed numerous times.

What is McDonald's policy regarding guns?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, you have the right. And I support the ability to do it. What is your point?

Nice misquote.
    With power, comes responsibilities.
    With great power, comes great responsibilities.

No, WBC is NOT a poster child for limiting the 1A.

Did you guys perhaps NOT study history and founding of the country?
    You do not protect YOUR rights, and ignore everyone else's right, as long as they don't bother you. If they can take someone else's rights, then they can take yours.
    You do not protect the free speech that is pleasant and nice. You protect that which is nasty and controversial. There is NO NEED to protect speech that everyone agrees with.
    If you only protect that which YOU PERSONALLY agree with, then THERE ARE NO RIGHTS AT ALL.

I wasnt quoting anyone. We DO have responsibilities with our rights (dont yell fire in a theater (yes, already prohibited) or be a douche and yell purposefully hurtful obscenities and sayings at a dead soldier's family with malice) I have the right to say to you that your sister is ugly; doesn't mean I should. Rights are power. Corrupt leaders despise power belonging to those they disagree with and seek to control.

And I *DO* support the right of WBC to spew their bile. I dont agree with them but its their right. Anyone wanting to limit the right to free speech need not look any farther than them for examples of why someone should consider limiting free speech. After all its hateful, hurtful and not constructive. Carrying a long gun is scarry and offensive. So why not limit their speech or our right to carry? Both examples are excessive overreaching (ab)use of a right.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    It is a franchise store so going to have find out from them for sure. But I bet it is the same as corporate.

Quick search of the Vincennes sun commercial and see no reports of any McDonalds being robbed.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I worked in a factory when I was 20 yrs old. The Department I transferred to was on piece rate. The closest guy in the department was 50 and several were only a few years from retirement. Before I came into the department they ran an average of 120%. I was young and money hungry so I would turn the speed of the line up in small increments when nobody was looking. We started averaging 155 to 160%. The old guys told be that if we kept running high percentages that they would change the rates. I was young and had all the answers and the old guys were outdated and so was their thinking. Guess what happened???? THEY CHANGED THE RATES. We had to run at 160% speeds to make 120% rate. I was too young to listen to good advise and I see similarities here as well.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    So now are we going to put McDonald's in the same predicament as some of us did to starbucks? If you push the issue, they will push back. :twocents:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It might go something like this.
    Anonymous caller: Can I speak to the Mgr please.
    McDonalds Employee: May I ask who's calling?
    Anonymous caller: This is John Roberts with the Sun-Commercial news paper and I'm following up on a lead about and Incident that happened Friday Oct 25th

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I should add to this, in this particular case, it WAS acceptable. I spoke to a LEO pal of mine, whom just so happens to live Vincennes. I was hoping he had some insight into this incident. He told me the officers probably acted like this because of multiple armed robberies at this McDonalds. As well as multiple threats taking place involving firearms. They were responding as if something was going down, which has happened MULTIPLE times at this location

I live close by and I haven't heard of an armed robbery, let alone multiple armed robberies.
    This isn't big town and that sort of news gets spread around. In fact I check the news a number of times everyday.
    A good bit of this whole "incident" just don't add up.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I live close by and I haven't heard of an armed robbery, let alone multiple armed robberies.
    This isn't big town and that sort of news gets spread around. In fact I check the news a number of times everyday.
    A good bit of this whole "incident" just don't add up.
    I most definitely will not say my "source" is the most accurate, nor is he right. Just relaying what was told to me. Very much a possibility he's wrong. What he told me would explain why the officers acted the way they did. If he is wrong (which it sounds like he may) it will be interesting to see what else comes from this

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The OP didn't say what Caliber the AR was.
    I'm thinking if he ordered a happy meal it was a .223
    if he Super Sized the #3 Big Mac Combo then it was a .308

Just my Matlock thinking???? And for the younger crowd CSI thinking???

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    I should add to this, in this particular case, it WAS acceptable. I spoke to a LEO pal of mine, whom just so happens to live Vincennes. I was hoping he had some insight into this incident. He told me the officers probably acted like this because of multiple armed robberies at this McDonalds. As well as multiple threats taking place involving firearms. They were responding as if something was going down, which has happened MULTIPLE times at this location

What multiple robberies? I've lived in Vincennes most of my life and this is the first time ever, I've heard of any fast food joint getting hit. Liquor stores, yes. Anyone robbing a McD's would have made it on the evening news, on WTHI, several radio stations and likely Evansville Courier-Journal. Most of the crime that gets reported is DUIs, battery, drugs. Excuse me for being skeptical, but what you were told seems to be more exaggeration, than fact.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What multiple robberies? I've lived in Vincennes most of my life and this is the first time ever, I've heard of any fast food joint getting hit. Liquor stores, yes. Anyone robbing a McD's would have made it on the evening news, on WTHI, several radio stations and likely Evansville Courier-Journal. Most of the crime that gets reported is DUIs, battery, drugs. Excuse me for being skeptical, but what you were told seems to be more exaggeration, than fact.

I did some seriously intense searching on the old interwebs and found references to a Rob, that owns firearms, has eaten at that McDonald's several times. He really likes the pink slime nuggets and large fries with a small diet cola to wash it down.

Top Bottom