• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Carrying a long gun in public is only done for one reason, to get a rise out of those around you, including LEOs.
    Just because that's the only reason you can fathom for carrying one, doesn't mean that's why every one else would carry one.

I personally hate people like "your friend" Just because you "CAN" do something, doesn't mean you should.
    You mean like admitting on the internet that you judge people you don't even know and make up stuff about them?

When they told you that "They were all pro-2A", they probably are, and were just pissed that you guys pulled a stunt like that.
    What reason would LEO have to be angry?

You aren't going to a rally, save the long guns for a rally, you're going to a damn Mcdonalds. OC is awsome in my book, you guys should always OC if it is your method of carry.
    What vehicle should I drive to it?

Did these cops over react? Without a doubt. Did they do it because they were pissed at someone OCing a long gun? Probably.
    You're okay with a LEO over-reacting because he finds the actions of someone with whom he has to interact objectionable?

Had you all been ONLY OCing pistols, and the cops showed up. I garentee that this particular incident wouldn't have happened.
    You can't guarantee anything.

I have a question though. Does the individual carrying the rifle have a LTCH? Or is that the reason he WAS carrying a rifle, because he DOESN'T have a LTCH? This would make sense to me. Friend doesn't have a LTCH, and wants to fit in with his OCing friends, so he grabs his AR15 to take to a fast food joint
    No Larry is required to carrying a long gun.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Just because that's the only reason you can fathom for carrying one, doesn't mean that's why every one else would carry one.

You mean like admitting on the internet that you judge people you don't even know and make up stuff about them?

You're okay with a LEO over-reacting because he finds the actions of someone with whom he has to interact objectionable?

1. He was carrying a long gun for two reasons: A) To see if something like this would happen, and it did. or B) He doesnt have an LTCH, and wanted to OC with his friends

2. My two cents, my opinion. They're like buttholes, everyone has one, and I voiced mine, and will continue to do so. Anytime you see someone OCing a long gun, it's because they're at a rally, or trying to get a rise out of someone, and unless the McDonalds was a rally point, that leaves two possible rewasons. He's trying to stir up trouble, or he doesn't have a LTCH and can't carry a handgun

3. Because he's carrying a long-gun, in group of OCers. See first response for reasons

4. Not sure what you mean

5. No, not at all, but for me, I understand. Everyone overreacts when we're pissed sometimes, we're only human. You've done it, and so have I. So to act like a LEO should be perfect all the time is silly. It happens to the best of us

6. In this situation, it's a safe bet considering the OP, nor the other individual with a handgun was disarmed

7. I'm aware, which is why i was asking if he had one. That would explain WHY he decided to OC the AR15

It all comes down to TWO things for me. This would all make sense IF this individual doesn't have a LTCH. He wants to OC, and can only do so with a rifle.

If he does have a LTCH, he was only doing this "because", and it bit him in the rear end

Last edited:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Stop voting too, and speaking against oppression, and believing in whatever religion you want. Yeah! STOP DOING EVERYTHING THAT IS IN YOUR RIGHT TO DO SO!!! YEAH! TELL EM!!
    You also have a right to randomly walk up to a cop, and cuss him out under the first amendment, but that doesn't mean you will/should

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I long for the day when a person can carry whatever gun s/he chooses. We aren't there yet. In fact when it comes to "assault rifles", we are probably further away from public acceptance than we ever have been...mostly because of the negative press they've received because of the evil ***holes that have used them in their murderous rampages and the other reasons of which we're so familiar. I just have to ask ya KW730--what was the reason your friend chose to carry his AR that day?

True, but AR's aren't used that much in real life crime. They ARE however pumped up big time by the media. I think that the biggest show of AR's in crime is by Hollywierd. They portray almost every gun event with an AR or AK and real life it is the other way around. On tv and in the movies, the so called assault weapon is the weapon of choice almost all of the time. Thank them for the great job they have done to demonize the long guns.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok, name one reason that doesn't translate to "in your face, because I CAN!!"

Everyone judges to an extent. I'd wager the ones who spend the most time claiming not to are among the worst offenders.

Lol, really? With all the active shooter scenarios that seem to be at least a weekly occurrence, the officers have to be prepared for the worst. If I rolled in hot to a situation ready for the worst and mentally prepared to do whatever it takes up to and including giving my life to resolve the situation, you bet I'd be pissed to find some douche with a Big Mac with a rifle crying for attention.

Not sure how this is relevant, but I'd assume a rustang from the era of mullets and leg warmers?

See above.

No, but you can certainly use historical evidence to draw a likely conclusion. The fact that they weren't disarmed of their handguns speaks volumes on the matter.

:n00b: Read again. He was stating "not having a LTCH" as an understandable reason for carrying a long gun.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA

Everyone judges to an extent. I'd wager the ones who spend the most time claiming not to are among the worst offenders.

Lol, really? With all the active shooter scenarios that seem to be at least a weekly occurrence, the officers have to be prepared for the worst. If I rolled in hot to a situation ready for the worst and mentally prepared to do whatever it takes up to and including giving my life to resolve the situation, you bet I'd be pissed to find some douche with a Big Mac with a rifle crying for attention.

Not sure how this is relevant, but I'd assume a rustang from the era of mullets and leg warmers?

See above.

No, but you can certainly use historical evidence to draw a likely conclusion. The fact that they weren't disarmed of their handguns speaks volumes on the matter.

:n00b: Read again. He was stating "not having a LTCH" as an understandable reason for carrying a long gun.
    Ok, that's scary. I mentioned a bunch of these same points. Great minds think alike Chezuki

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    True, but AR's aren't used that much in real life crime. They ARE however pumped up big time by the media. I think that the biggest show of AR's in crime is by Hollywierd. They portray almost every gun event with an AR or AK and real life it is the other way around. On tv and in the movies, the so called assault weapon is the weapon of choice almost all of the time. Thank them for the great job they have done to demonize the long guns.

Oh I agree with your comments.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    This is what the people say that don't think you should carry your pistol out of the house.
    Congratulations on using the anti-gunner argument against yourself.
    First of all don't mark out what I said and substitute your own words for mine. I have never said anything about open carrying your pistol. I believe the majority of people on both sides of the CC vs OC argument will agree that carrying a pistol is in most cases considered far more socially acceptable than a long gun.

Realizing what the left will use against you is just smart politics IMO. Just because I understand the anti-gunner argument and don't believe we are smart by supplying them with fuel for their fire does not mean I agree with them.

How many times have we seen people like Perice Morgan carry an argument to the extreme with statements like "do you believe ordinary citizens should be able to walk around with RPGs?". This is a battle of public opinion whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It clearly bothered someone, thats why the police were called and that would be interrupting a business. And I apologize about the calling the cops first thing that's why I tried to clarify in the second post.

Also you have to take the cops prescriptive into consideration, if all I heard on the radio was that some guy had an AR at McDonald's I would be prepared for conflict

Then next it is someone calling the police on you for carrying your 1911.. and you are OK with that? As long as someone was "bothered" it's justified? So, if you are wearing an NRA shirt and it "bothered" someone they should call the cops too?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    First of all don't mark out what I said and substitute your own words for mine. I have never said anything about open carrying your pistol. I believe the majority of people on both sides of the CC vs OC argument will agree that carrying a pistol is in most cases considered far more socially acceptable than a long gun.

Realizing what the left will use against you is just smart politics IMO. Just because I understand the anti-gunner argument and don't believe we are smart by supplying them with fuel for their fire does not mean I agree with them.

How many times have we seen people like Perice Morgan carry an argument to the extreme with statements like "do you believe ordinary citizens should be able to walk around with RPGs?". This is a battle of public opinion whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

So, Rights are contingent on Social Acceptability..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A gun owner calling the police on a fellow gun owner. HERE lies the problem! I think some people just think as long as they can do as they please then damn everyone else's rights

I disagree. In MY restuarant, "I" set the rules, and want to maximize my profits. A person who decides to carry a long gun into my business, may not be a "threat" to my safety, but he's a threat to my pocket. Don't play with my money.

The solo long gun carry activism, is incedibly dumb. At a gun rights rally, sure... during civil unrerst, sure... It's acceptable for a variety of reasons, but doing it just to do it is stupid. I NEVER want to see the day that carrying a rifle in public is considered "normal."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Exactly, and it's lost on the part of many gun owners.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I disagree. In MY restuarant, "I" set the rules, and want to maximize my profits. A person who decides to carry a long gun into my business, may not be a "threat" to my safety, but he's a threat to my pocket. Don't play with my money.

The solo long gun carry activism, is incedibly dumb. At a gun rights rally, sure... during civil unrerst, sure... It's acceptable for a variety of reasons, but doing it just to do it is stupid. I NEVER want to see the day that carrying a rifle in public is considered "normal."
    You misunderstand my disagreement. I do not disagree that a business owner has the right to ask any person to leave, I disagree with calling the cops on someone that is not breaking the law (as he/ the person I responded to, is aware). just becauseyou don't like something). If you own a business then have the balls to tell your non violent customer to leave. If they don't THEN call the cops.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

See above.

yep just keep believing that bs the cops are feeding you.

they knew as soon as they looked into the windows and seen people sitting down eating that they didn't roll up on an active shooter. How loud is gunfire? Come on man don't overreact like these tools did.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People need to start suing the cops who point guns at them unnecessarily for emotional distress. Yeah it's over the top but so are these tactics, and if it stops
    them from continuing then get that money!!!

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    There are a lot of comments on here that make me think that people believe that if he had carried in a lever action 30-30 the outcome would have been different.
    I disagree.
    In my 50 some odd years on this earth, I can honestly say that I have never been present when a long gun was taken OUT OF someones car so they could carry it in to McDonalds or any other restaurant.
    I have seen plenty of OC handguns and spotted a few CC'ers in restaurants and gas stations, but just not long guns.
    Even if he had a 30-30 I believe that the cops would have been called.

We go down to Glendale on thanksgiving week for the put and take pheasant hunt.
    The only place to get breakfast is at the McDOnalds in Loogootee.
    The place looks like a sea of orange, Hunters everywhere.
    Every single person in that restaurant has a shotgun.
    Guess what?
    They all LEAVE THEM IN THE TRUCK.
    They are for shooting birds so no one sees any reason to carry them in to the restaurant.
    It's just polite. Nothing wrong with being polite.

And as has been discussed here before, it's the police's duty to check out a MWAG call.
    Maybe these cops were over the top, but it speaks volumes to me that the handguns were never even bothered with by the officers.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    There are a lot of comments on here that make me think that people believe that if he had carried in a lever action 30-30 the outcome would have been different.
    I disagree.
    In my 50 some odd years on this earth, I can honestly say that I have never been present when a long gun was taken OUT OF someones car so they could carry it in to McDonalds or any other restaurant.
    I have seen plenty of OC handguns and spotted a few CC'ers in restaurants and gas stations, but just not long guns.

Guess what?
    They are for shooting birds so no one sees any reason to carry them in to the restaurant.

And as has been discussed here before, it's the police's duty to check out a MWAG call.
    Maybe these cops were over the top, but it speaks volumes to me that the handguns were never even bothered with by the officers.

I agree with you 100%, but a lot of these types aren't about being polite, it's not being "in your face" enough.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree.

Guess what?

What speaks volumes to me is that some people think that what the LEOs in this case did was acceptable.

There was nothing acceptable about the way they handled this. The most they should have done was politely approached the person with the rifle and asked them to leave if the store manager wanted them to.

Top Bottom