• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If the asshats keep OC'ing long guns there is a real chance California will not be the only state to outlaw OC. Read my sig line.

That is what I see if this continues. If there is an open protest then carry anything you like.
    If you are going to McD's leave the AR at home. It makes no sense and serves no purpose but to rile up the sheeple.
    WTF do you think is going to happen....a wave of terrorist's will come swarming through the burger joint.........................:dunno:
    If you are properly trained with your sidearm any situation you face can be handled with that sidearm.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tumblr_ma9iiraydM1rgw3ino1_500.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess at my age I see no reason to open doors with your forehead any more. I have stood my ground....never backed down etc.
    Times have changed and so has my view of the world.
    I see these actions as detrimental to the overall cause but some like to flaunt until things change. The change we will see is not for the better. JMHO of course.

Carry on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So a police officer is the final arbiter of what is legal and what is not? Truthful or not this thread poses questions that should make us all very uncomfortable. I guess for most of :ingo: if I am sitting in McDonald's minding my own business and doing nothing unlawful it is perfectly alright for a police officer to draw his weapon and aim it at me? He has crossed the deadly force threshold without any provocation at all and that is just dandy with you folks?

To answer your question, that all depends on the totality of the circumstances.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So a police officer is the final arbiter of what is legal and what is not? Truthful or not this thread poses questions that should make us all very uncomfortable. I guess for most of :ingo: if I am sitting in McDonald's minding my own business and doing nothing unlawful it is perfectly alright for a police officer to draw his weapon and aim it at me? He has crossed the deadly force threshold without any provocation at all and that is just dandy with you folks?

depends on what the officer can articulate.... "guy in blue shirt, green pants, short hair, sunglasses, approx 5'10/190lbs. 30ish with a beard" just killed someone 2 blocks over from mcdonalds. While checking the area, officers encounter "you", matching the suspect description. You think they are gonna pass on you because you appear to be "minding your own business"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just like it was distasteful making a "guns save lives" open carry protest day on the anniversary of Sandy hook only a year later, there is a time and a place for everything. A smart and respectful man regulates his actions based on society (to a point, dont twist my words). You dont tell dirty jokes around the pastor, in church, in front of your kids, etc.

Just like I switch to CC to not be bothered by some uptight family members at a party.

I agree with OWGEM's sig. Just because you can...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    OC of handguns was legal once in Cali. Ask those guys about their "rights"

Yeah, that was silly to begin with, it was hardly a right to walk around with an unloaded gun. But you're right, if the OP's account is true with the over the top police response, then it is no different than what you saw in California causing the same outcome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not on board with the LEO response in this situation in the least. IMHO they were out of line and making a big deal in front of the sheeple.

My point is the dummy sporting the long gun in a family burger joint had "Kick me Please" printed on his butt.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Things that are an expression of rights, legal, and very stupid....

-Wearing a Black Panther "soldier" outfit at a NASCAR event
    -Donning a white hood during the Saturday of the Black Expo
    -Wearing a "10 year olds are sexy" t-shirt at a children's ballet recital
    -Munching on a bag of delicious bacon while at you friend's child's bar mitzvah
    -While tailgating, burning a flag on a grill, at an American sporting event
    -Wearing a "I Heart Lee Harvey Oswald" t-shirt at a presidential speaking event
    -OCing a long gun at Gifford's next speaking engagement
    -Exclaiming your girlfriend she's "da bomb" while traveling on an airplane

...and the list goes on, and on, and on. Point being, that just because it's legal, doesn't make it smart.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    OC of handguns was legal once in Cali. Ask those guys about their "rights"
    And who took those rights away from them?? THEIR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES!!! If they don't like the current politics in CA, they can either vote those politicians out, or move to a more gun-friendly state.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Whether it's truthful or not makes all the difference in the world. If he's lying, this idiot has created a stupid story in order to call attention to his pathetic self. If it really happened, this idiot and his friends set back our cause in Vincennes by calling attention to their pathetic selves and scaring people in a kid-oriented restaurant. Either way, it's so full of fail it would be laughable, if it weren't just sad.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    That is what I see if this continues. If there is an open protest then carry anything you like.
    If you are going to McD's leave the AR at home. It makes no sense and serves no purpose but to rile up the sheeple.
    WTF do you think is going to happen....a wave of terrorist's will come swarming through the burger joint.........................:dunno:
    If you are properly trained with your sidearm any situation you face can be handled with that sidearm.

I guess at my age I see no reason to open doors with your forehead any more. I have stood my ground....never backed down etc.
    Times have changed and so has my view of the world.
    I see these actions as detrimental to the overall cause but some like to flaunt until things change. The change we will see is not for the better. JMHO of course.

Carry on.

I am not on board with the LEO response in this situation in the least. IMHO they were out of line and making a big deal in front of the sheeple.

My point is the dummy sporting the long gun in a family burger joint had "Kick me Please" printed on his butt.

:):.......I've said 'afore..........'OC'.......with some these dudes .......ain't nuth'n more'na a sausage wagg'n contest.......:):

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

...and the list goes on, and on, and on. Point being, that just because it's legal, doesn't make it smart.

:rolleyes:.......It 'Bah' , dude........:):.......

Bah Mitzvah..........

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl

You my friend have hit the nail squarely on the head. If one does something to draw attention to himself, he shouldn't complain when he receives it. With all the nutjobs shooting people in the news everyday there is no doubt that walking into a business with a rifle of any kind(insert caliber of choice here) will get you attention. Unless its a gun shop where that wouldn't be an unusual occurrence to see. I think it takes a lot of common sense mixed in with our rights to make to make the system roll a little smoother.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anybody remember how good the Filet-o-fish was back in the 70's? Those were the days!

In the styrofoam containers. Those were the days.

McDonalds_clamshell07.jpg

Today, they are close but........................

That "fish deluxe" phase a few years back was freaking horrible.

Top Bottom