• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The thing that is impossible to convey in an internet posting is inflection. The person who confronted me was neither respectful or friendly. I have zero responsibility or interest in being polite as a peach when I get approached in that manner. Given the chance to repeat the encounter there isn't anything I am dying to change about it. I have no duty to educate or a duty to smother you with sweetness when you approach me with an attitude.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I read 83 posts and I LOL's 4 times and I got to use LOL like a school girl. I approve this thread and doubly approve the OP.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The thing that is impossible to convey in an internet posting is inflection. The person who confronted me was neither respectful or friendly. I have zero responsibility or interest in being polite as a peach when I get approached in that manner. Given the chance to repeat the encounter there isn't anything I am dying to change about it. I have no duty to educate or a duty to smother you with sweetness when you approach me with an attitude.

I think even if they were being polite about it it would depend on how bad you had to pee on how you would handle it.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    If you stop me on the way to the bathroom then you are going to irritate me. If you stop me on the way to the bathroom to irritate me then you are getting peed on... That will be your education for the day.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    VUPd, I read on INGO all you really had to say was "am I being detained, or am I free to go?" You shouldn't have to alter a second of your life for these power hungry tattle tales.

Kidding aside, what bothers me the most is the mentality the guy had. Obviously he didn't think he was in danger or he wouldn't have approached you. Instead he based his concept of right and wrong totally on whether everyone around him was obeying the laws.

In days of old when you asked someone the question 'can you do that?' it was assumed by all parties that they were questioning your skills, abilities, or competence to safely accomplish something. I'll even go on to say the assumed mood was that of 'cool, you can do that :yesway:' and not 'are you sure you won't get hurt.' Now days when asked it is assumed by all parties that they mean 'do you have permission', or 'is it legal' and the mood is usually more like 'I'm going to tell so I can stay on the overlords good side'. I miss hearing my parents talk about their adventures as young adults when they decided to do stuff based on their abilities and not on permissions.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    VUPd, I read on INGO all you really had to say was "am I being detained, or am I free to go?" You shouldn't have to alter a second of your life for these power hungry tattle tales.

Kidding aside, what bothers me the most is the mentality the guy had. Obviously he didn't think he was in danger or he wouldn't have approached you. Instead he based his concept of right and wrong totally on whether everyone around him was obeying the laws.

In days of old when you asked someone the question 'can you do that?' it was assumed by all parties that they were questioning your skills, abilities, or competence to safely accomplish something. I'll even go on to say the assumed mood was that of 'cool, you can do that :yesway:' and not 'are you sure you won't get hurt.' Now days when asked it is assumed by all parties that they mean 'do you have permission', or 'is it legal' and the mood is usually more like 'I'm going to tell so I can stay on the overlords good side'. I miss hearing my parents talk about their adventures as young adults when they decided to do stuff based on their abilities and not on permissions.

I think the guy in the OP was just trying to get some free food out of the ordeal. Why else would he point VUPD out to the waitress?

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    And there's the attitude! LMAO! Are you under cover? Are you embarrassed by it? Or are you confirming my suspicions, that VUPD is the Vincennes University Police Department?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think the guy in the OP was just trying to get some free food out of the ordeal. Why else would he point VUPD out to the waitress?

My guess would be because he is the epitome of sheep and considers the waitress the person he is supposed to report any possible illegal activity to assuming she will pass it up the food chain. I've talked to MANY people who live every day of their lives thinking they are being great citizens by being big brothers eyes and ears. They have lost all ability to make decisions on their own. They genuinely believe if everyone would just stop trying to think things out on their own and just do as they are told the worlds problems would be fixed.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by VUPDblue
    My sweatshirt had ridden up and exposed my M&P

At least you didn't expose yourself in the bathroom. :flasher:

Silly, that's where he's SUPPOSED to expose himself. :wrongdoor:

Top Bottom