• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I used to feel that it was my job to educate the world. If you asked me what time it was, I would tell you how to build a clock. I felt that it was my way of helping. Guess what I realized it was annoying to others. My wife calls it "Shoulding" on others. You should do this or they should do that. It causes to much stress to want other do as you want them to do.

VUPDBLUE had no obligation to inform or train this Bozo. He deals with enough of them on a daily basis.

Dependent on my mood in situations like this I will answer the question with a question.
    Bob Evans Hall Monitor: "Are you ok to be carrying that"
    VUPD: Why do you ask?
    BEHM: I just want to make sure you are ok to do that.
    VUPD: Do you have any knowledge on 2nd amendment rights?

You can take this as far as you want until he decides that he should have just stayed in his seat and eaten his banana bread.

The BEHM should have remembered the old saying “It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    And there's the attitude! LMAO! Are you under cover? Are you embarrassed by it? Or are you confirming my suspicions, that VUPD is the Vincennes University Police Department?

Don't... Understand...Point...Or.......Relevency....Struggling....to.. Make...Sense...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You are absolutely correct. VUPD you do not HAVE to prove anything to me or anyone else here but you already HAVE proven something to me.
    Hopefully I never get pulled over by you out on the highway. ROFLMAO
    What on this thread has given reason to fear being pulled over by VUPD? I'd rather get pulled over by him because at least I'd know he wouldn't jack boot me just for having a gun.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I agree but have you ever tried to talk to someone that idiotic. 95% of the time it is wasted energy and only serves to escalate the situation. Someone that hell bent that they confront a man with a side arm is not going to listen. They are right in their addled mind and you are a demon spawn.
    You don't have to be rude to someone though.

The thing that is impossible to convey in an internet posting is inflection. The person who confronted me was neither respectful or friendly. I have zero responsibility or interest in being polite as a peach when I get approached in that manner. Given the chance to repeat the encounter there isn't anything I am dying to change about it. I have no duty to educate or a duty to smother you with sweetness when you approach me with an attitude.
    Can't be that difficult. You just did it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Can't be that difficult. You just did it.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you saying it couldn't be that difficult for VUPD or for the guy that confronted him?

I am just not sure what you're trying to say with that particular statement bolded... Maybe respond to the whole paragraph? I wonder which part of my post you're going to make bold and respond to while disregarding the rest of it? :)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you saying it couldn't be that difficult for VUPD or for the guy that confronted him?

I am just not sure what you're trying to say with that particular statement bolded... Maybe respond to the whole paragraph? I wonder which part of my post you're going to make bold and respond to while disregarding the rest of it? :)

I believe she meant to bold the first sentence as well. Kinda like this

VUPDblue said:
    The thing that is impossible to convey in an internet posting is inflection. The person who confronted me was neither respectful or friendly. I have zero responsibility or interest in being polite as a peach when I get approached in that manner. Given the chance to repeat the encounter there isn't anything I am dying to change about it. I have no duty to educate or a duty to smother you with sweetness when you approach me with an attitude.

Saying it is possible to convey the inflection. But IDK.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Yep! You totally blew this one, Nick! Here's how it should have gone down.

Him: Are you OK to have that?
    You: Have what?
    Him: That gun on your hip.
    You: Look down at hip and deliver a high pitched squeal, followed by "OH MY GOSH! HOW DID THAT GET THERE?" in a high pitched lisp. The wave your arms while running and hopping around in a circle yelling "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! "

That would have shown him!

Well handled IMO. Very well.

Proper way to handle my next OC experience I think!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    My sweatshirt had ridden up and exposed my M&P which I carry IWB in a hybrid style holster. I gave the guy a look like he had three heads and said in my most sarcastic voice "excuse me?"

Diagnosis: Probably the wrong emphasis on "excuse me". Try this next time. Balloon hat optional.

[video=youtube_share;zANvYB93u2g]http://youtu.be/zANvYB93u2g[/video]

Top Bottom