• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Stop and think about the logic at work here. To me this is very telling of the anti-gun crowd and how they think. You see a man carrying a deadly weapon and there is a question in your mind as to whether or not he is doing so legally and is "ok". This is where the logic train jumps the tracks. Your response is to confront said gentleman? Really? This is the same line of thinking that brings up "gun free zones". The mere fact that something is illegal will make it absolutely impossible to happen. How else can you describe such thinking other than "stupid, idiotic or addled"? If anything I give the OP credit for patience in the face of such idiocy.

And how do you react when someone treats you like you're an idiot? Are you open to new information and willing to learn? No? I didn't think so.

My point, which you completely missed, is that if you want to change someone's mind, you have to treat them with respect, regardless of what you think of their point of view.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    7u584.jpg

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Is there really an ignore list? I need to dig into the options. [strike]This thread started to deliver on page six.[/strike]

[strike]Or page one.[/strike] This thread delivers.

regal-cinemas-pop-corn.jpeg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You bring up a good point.

Besides, I'd bet money I'm on the ignore list of someone cooler than richard anyhow.

Say it ain't so!!

Eh. I think I'm on his ignore list. It's really not that hard to do.

I want to be too!

Is there really an ignore list? I need to dig into the options. [strike]This thread started to deliver on page six.[/strike]

[strike]Or page one.[/strike] This thread delivers.

regal-cinemas-pop-corn.jpeg

I can neither affirm nor deny any allegations regarding the existence of this "ignore list" you mention.

​rhino out!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    And how do you react when someone treats you like you're an idiot? Are you open to new information and willing to learn? No? I didn't think so.

My point, which you completely missed, is that if you want to change someone's mind, you have to treat them with respect, regardless of what you think of their point of view.
    I didn't miss your point at all. I was merely pointing out the mindset of the individual who confronted OP. The only way to change someone's mind on this topic is to try to make them replace their emotional response with a logical one. In this case logic is seemingly a completely foreign concept to the inquisitor in the OP.

Top Bottom