• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At the new Dunhams in Fort Wayne when I was looking at the AR15s. "I don't understand why anyone needs an AR. If you want an AR you should join the Army" I just looked at him and smiled and walked on.

Haven't seen him there since.

I'd tell him if you don't want to sell AR's then go across the street and work at Dick's. :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thats how I learned to shoot a pistol. Popping oil filters off of fence posts. As long as you know the guy who owns the property, whats wrong with it.
    That's the problem. He was not planning on going out to a friends property, just somewhere along a back road. Most folks would not appreciate someone using their property for target practice without knowing who they were.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    the interesting thing on this topic is that most people in retail settings with some knowledge could share similar stories. my company has a retail commerrcial supply front so i've heard some good ****, i'm sure people that work at NAPA and the like have heard a TON

Yes like how the Castrol 20W50 is so much thicker than the Valvoline 20W50 :lmfao:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    About five hours ago;

SomeGuy: "I'm looking for a holster for my G30."
    Me: "Lemme go see if we have a G30 in the case. We can open the packages and test fit."
    SomeGuy: "I got mine" (pulls his carry gun, sweeps my guts)
    Me: "Hey! Don't sweep me!"
    SomeGuy: "I won't"
    Me: "Dude! You just did!"
    SomeGuy: "I never keep one in the chamber so it doesn't matter"

Double facepalm.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I was at the Washington Walmart yesterday and heard the clerk tell a customer that even though they sold guns, they were not licensed to sell ANY type of AR. But the Jasper and Vincennes Walmarts are licensed to sell ARs.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    A buddy hands me his lady-Smith and sez "check out this here pistol !"
    I drop the mag and its loaded.
    I clear it and there is one in the pipe.
    "Don't hand he a loaded gun without telling me its loaded" I sez
    "The safety was on so it wouldnt fire." he sez
    A few months later we we go to trade his smith in on a 6-gun at Kirby road gun store (out of business years ago), and he does the same thing to the gun store guy, who cusses him out like a red headed step child. When we were leaving my buddy sez "That fella don't know much about guns, the safety was on so it wouldn't fire.":bash:

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    A buddy hands me his lady-Smith and sez "check out this here pistol !"
    I drop the mag and its loaded.
    I clear it and there is one in the pipe.
    "Don't hand he a loaded gun without telling me its loaded" I sez
    "The safety was on so it wouldnt fire." he sez
    A few months later we we go to trade his smith in on a 6-gun at Kirby road gun store (out of business years ago), and he does the same thing to the gun store guy, who cusses him out like a red headed step child. When we were leaving my buddy sez "That fella don't know much about guns, the safety was on so it wouldn't fire."
    Only a mother would be proud.:n00b:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Man, I could write a book filled with stuff from BOTH sides of the counter.

Yeah, I do that. I'm not gonna BS my way through something I don't know. cough*muzzleloaders*cough
    However, when I don't know, I do my dangedest to hook you up with whoever does.
    We all kind of have our niches...It's nice to have that, actually.

Yeah man....What she says...

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    My personal favorite was the guy who called and asked a clerk for "choke tubes for a .30-06." The clerk asked the customer if he might have been referring to something else, since there's no such thing. The customer got huffy and demanded to speak to someone else.

Another gentleman reiterated the clerk's answer, and they guy wouldn't let up. He said, "son, if you don't know what I'm talking about, why don't you just admit it, already. No need to be a tool about it."

Guy at gun shops response was, "you know, I just remembered. We're out of stock on those. We really don't know when we're getting them back in."

"Well, can you order one?"

"Sorry, but none of our distributors have choke tubes for a .30-06."

"Well. Humph. If you're not willing to help, I'll take my business elsewhere."

Sometimes you just have to embrace the absurdly

I laughed WAY to hard at this!

One of my personal favorites is when I went into a LGS last april(?). They had some absurd prices on ARs and the goodies during the panic, but now are back to normal. I saw a lower I wanted to buy so I was buying it. There is another shop down the road that was still asking 175$ for this same lower and I told them. They then told me "we don't like gouging and do not participate in it." I then proceeded to point out the 25$ box of 9mm on their shelf and they said "we can't get any of this so thats why its so high." :scratch:

Top Bottom