• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I sell guns full time. Here is one of my favorites a customer asked. I was busy logging out 5 guns I just sold. An older man walked up and asked for 4" .410 shells. I remained quiet for a moment and then realized I didnt want to go into a discussion about how they don't exist. So I replied with "No, sir." He then asked if I knew when I would get more in stock. I replied with "No sir."

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The dumbest thing I ever heard was "no one wants to take your guns away"

opps sorry, that was from an evil man in Washington, I don't think he was in the LGS.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Worked at a few gunshops, working at a range on the weekends, and frequent both regularly. Some of the stuff was horrific...1. Gunshow three years ago, walking the aisles. See a 600 dollar Colt Delta, fairly beat up, but still okay. I'm checking it out and a kid, younger than even I, ambles up and commences to talk about how he carried that gun in Vietnam when in special forces. I stare at him blankly. I then responded with, "Prepare for itemized list of why that is the stupidest thing I've heard... One, the 10mm cartridge was developed after Vietnam. Two, the Delta Elite firearm was developed after Vietnam. Three, you don't even look old enough to shave yet you served in Vietnam... I guess I need to put this gun down and ask where I can buy some of the really good *&^% you're smoking..." Never bought it, just left.2. Working the counter at the shop, old guy walks in, shotgun cradled in his arms. He reverently places it on the counter, Remington 870 Express Magnum, VERY clearly marked on the side. He wants to trade it in on a Colt 1911 we had in the case. I give him the value (about $200 trade in towards the Colt). He launches into a tirade about how that gun killed Nazis in W W eye eye and it was his grandfather's gun that he carried in said conflict. I asked him if his Grand-pappy had a Delorean and a wild eyed scientist who thinks he's a doctor. He looked at me bewildered, and after I explained that the Express Magnums weren't made until about 30 years or more AFTER WW2, he settled down and filled the 4473.3. Old timer who wouldn't buy anything or leave the shop: "Dem' Black Talons will rip an (insert racial slur here)'s head off, even in .32". I asked him to leave after telling two customers that.4. "The Israelis contracted Smith and Wesson to make the .460 and .500 revolvers because the Desert Eagles weren't reliable enough. They used them to blow door locks off during raids..."5. Anything that starts with, "My cop buddy said..." Yeah, those always end well. My fav: "A knife that size requires credentials to buy..." Customer telling his friend that as they pointed excitedly at the cheap Chinese Rambo knife copy in the case.6. "Honey, if you can't handle the recoil of the Bersa or the Smith Airweight, you just need a can of mace and dial 911..." I actually walked up, talked to the lady and had her follow me to another shop to buy a Glock 19. Retarded old man behind the counter at the first shop needed his face caved in as this was his response to anything female walking in the door (shop in Toledo Ohio)7. "M855 is armor piercing... that's why we can't keep it in stock, the police are buying it all up to use against (and I'm quoting here) the farmers when they weld steel plate to their tractors and run over the county building..."8. "The Army is going to start using these..." in reference to an Armalite AR180 that I was interested in. What Army? Even the IRA is dumping them when they can...9. "The faster the twist rate, the more explosive the fragmentation in the body..."10. "All civilians need are revolvers, the police are the ones that need the autos... I hate selling an auto and refuse to sell it to one of those stupid gang banger wannabes that roam Toledo..." From a shop notorious for the owner being anti-civilian gun ownership and made a mint selling to the local police. Reference #6, same jagov...

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    But, but, but... I *do* have "cop buddies" and they do say stuff. :dunno:
    Sometimes it's "stop resisting" and sometimes it's "thanks for the donut"...but there's a whole lot of stuff in between. :):

:nono: Please keep it clean. This is INGO, not Penthouse Forum and tales of wild monkey love are not suitable for our younger member. :naughty:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Gander Mt told an older lady who they sold a sw sigma 40 too. "Start of with Fmj practice bullets, after you get where you can hit stuff with that I will sell you real bullets".WTF fmj rounds are non lethal nerf gun darts?

haha some of these are great!

My best youre an idiot moment was at gander mountain when a guy told me that I should purchase a browning x bolt over a Rem. 700 CDL because the Browning could shoot further with the caliber I was after (a 7mm Rem Mag). I'm not kidding either. I couldn't contain myself and started laughing and played along as if I was thankful he let me know.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Not in a gun store, but I had an ex-police officer tell me that suppressors can only be used on one gun (lawfully) and must not separate from that gun... ever. And he was serious

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    haha some of these are great!

My best youre an idiot moment was at gander mountain when a guy told me that I should purchase a browning x bolt over a Rem. 700 CDL because the Browning could shoot further with the caliber I was after (a 7mm Rem Mag). I'm not kidding either. I couldn't contain myself and started laughing and played along as if I was thankful he let me know.
    Thats the point where you look at him intently, like you are hanging on every word and ask him why that is. Listen to the explanation and ask why that is. See how deep the rabbit hole goes.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Worked at a few gunshops, working at a range on the weekends, and frequent both regularly. Some of the stuff was horrific...1. Gunshow three years ago, walking the aisles. See a 600 dollar Colt Delta, fairly beat up, but still okay. I'm checking it out and a kid, younger than even I, ambles up and commences to talk about how he carried that gun in Vietnam when in special forces. I stare at him blankly. I then responded with, "Prepare for itemized list of why that is the stupidest thing I've heard... One, the 10mm cartridge was developed after Vietnam. Two, the Delta Elite firearm was developed after Vietnam. Three, you don't even look old enough to shave yet you served in Vietnam... I guess I need to put this gun down and ask where I can buy some of the really good *&^% you're smoking..." Never bought it, just left.2. Working the counter at the shop, old guy walks in, shotgun cradled in his arms. He reverently places it on the counter, Remington 870 Express Magnum, VERY clearly marked on the side. He wants to trade it in on a Colt 1911 we had in the case. I give him the value (about $200 trade in towards the Colt). He launches into a tirade about how that gun killed Nazis in W W eye eye and it was his grandfather's gun that he carried in said conflict. I asked him if his Grand-pappy had a Delorean and a wild eyed scientist who thinks he's a doctor. He looked at me bewildered, and after I explained that the Express Magnums weren't made until about 30 years or more AFTER WW2, he settled down and filled the 4473.3. Old timer who wouldn't buy anything or leave the shop: "Dem' Black Talons will rip an (insert racial slur here)'s head off, even in .32". I asked him to leave after telling two customers that.4. "The Israelis contracted Smith and Wesson to make the .460 and .500 revolvers because the Desert Eagles weren't reliable enough. They used them to blow door locks off during raids..."5. Anything that starts with, "My cop buddy said..." Yeah, those always end well. My fav: "A knife that size requires credentials to buy..." Customer telling his friend that as they pointed excitedly at the cheap Chinese Rambo knife copy in the case.6. "Honey, if you can't handle the recoil of the Bersa or the Smith Airweight, you just need a can of mace and dial 911..." I actually walked up, talked to the lady and had her follow me to another shop to buy a Glock 19. Retarded old man behind the counter at the first shop needed his face caved in as this was his response to anything female walking in the door (shop in Toledo Ohio)7. "M855 is armor piercing... that's why we can't keep it in stock, the police are buying it all up to use against (and I'm quoting here) the farmers when they weld steel plate to their tractors and run over the county building..."8. "The Army is going to start using these..." in reference to an Armalite AR180 that I was interested in. What Army? Even the IRA is dumping them when they can...9. "The faster the twist rate, the more explosive the fragmentation in the body..."10. "All civilians need are revolvers, the police are the ones that need the autos... I hate selling an auto and refuse to sell it to one of those stupid gang banger wannabes that roam Toledo..." From a shop notorious for the owner being anti-civilian gun ownership and made a mint selling to the local police. Reference #6, same jagov...
    Some of these continue to this day, just with different guns. I hear #2, 5, 8, variations or similar to #3 (modern ammo, no slurs, or I hear about how Black Talons were the best ever made and were banned and are currently illegal to own),9 (apparently, there are a lot of gun owners that dont understand what different twist rates will actually do for a rifle), and I heard a lot of #10 before 2004 when a ton of people changed their tune because it made them money.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But, but, but... I *do* have "cop buddies" and they do say stuff. :dunno:
    Sometimes it's "stop resisting" and sometimes it's "thanks for the donut"...but there's a whole lot of stuff in between. :):

Usually its "stop resisting, I WILL confiscate that donut as evidence." :lmfao:

Don't be jealous.

Everybody is jealous of da Monkeys. You havent come to grips with that reality yet? I mean, when our ammo runs out we still got lots of poo to throw!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    A buddy hands me his lady-Smith and sez "check out this here pistol !"
    I drop the mag and its loaded.
    I clear it and there is one in the pipe.
    "Don't hand he a loaded gun without telling me its loaded" I sez
    "The safety was on so it wouldnt fire." he sez
    A few months later we we go to trade his smith in on a 6-gun at Kirby road gun store (out of business years ago), and he does the same thing to the gun store guy, who cusses him out like a red headed step child. When we were leaving my buddy sez "That fella don't know much about guns, the safety was on so it wouldn't fire.":bash:

Your buddy is the guy in your avatar pic,

HomerX-Ray-150x150.jpg
    , right? :n00b:

Top Bottom