• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    the interesting thing on this topic is that most people in retail settings with some knowledge could share similar stories. my company has a retail commerrcial supply front so i've heard some good ****, i'm sure people that work at NAPA and the like have heard a TON

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I went along with a guys BS he went on forever until he realized he was out of lies. His was that the 16ga is the strongest shotgun shell ever made and that only navy seals can get hold of it but he knows a seal and was wable to get some 16ga shells. It was a very interesting and entertaining conversation.

I was issued an Uzi as a merchant marine seal in Koreat Nam.
    These 2 are exactly the **** I am talking about.
    does anyone ever think these guys maybe just do it on purpose to see how gullible some gun owners are?
    Thats exactly why they do but that in and of itself is still only a means to an end. The end being someone believing them and giving them special consideration because of it. I havent seen anyone this kind of **** actually works on besides children and dottering old folks that have nobody to talk to, but that doesnt stop it from happening. Its REALLY bad at places like Kenton when everyone starts to get sh1tfaced.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    the interesting thing on this topic is that most people in retail settings with some knowledge could share similar stories. my company has a retail commerrcial supply front so i've heard some good ****, i'm sure people that work at NAPA and the like have heard a TON
    Cars are another area of physics defying bullsh!t shoveling contests.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I remember a salesman at a gun shop talking about a used varmint rifle in their racks. I don't remember what it was. .22/250 or .223 bolt gun is all I remember. He claimed that he would hide in the woods near Indiana Gun Club and nail clay pigeons before the trap shooters could get on them. Made me feel stupid just listening to him.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I remember a salesman at a gun shop talking about a used varmint rifle in their racks. I don't remember what it was. .22/250 or .223 bolt gun is all I remember. He claimed that he would hide in the woods near Indiana Gun Club and nail clay pigeons before the trap shooters could get on them. Made me feel stupid just listening to him.
    Thats awesome. Lol. That sounds like a dbag from my hometown. He would talk about checing his "crop" wearing a ghillie suit and only moving 16 feet an hour. By doing this, he could move undetected by the narc cops in tree stands above him.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Did you ask hime how long he's been the world's greatest sniper?
    Never followed 50 competitions but at the time, I thought I remember seeing a 7" group at 1000 yards winning a match. If he told me he lined up 10 cans a few inches apart and hit 1 can in 5 shots, I could possibly believe it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Customer: I can get this gun @ shop x for $6 cheaper. You need to match them
    Shop: Sorry sir, that's a low price firearm, it's priced @ lowest possible cost.
    Customer: Fine, I'm going to shop x.
    Shop: Sorry sir, have a good day.

Note: Shop X is ~60 miles 1-way, & in different state. Gun was GSG 1911. 120 mile round trip & $20 xfer fee from the guy that goes to shop x on Saturdays to bring back xfers . Hmmm, $6 savings, what a bargain

Price match with a shop in a different state? I'm trying to figure out which one you think is ridiculous, they guy asking to price match, or the clerk who sent him on his way (120 round trip).

Kut (would have scoffed, and told him to make that drive too)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Thats exactly why they do but that in and of itself is still only a means to an end. The end being someone believing them and giving them special consideration because of it. d.

this is common and its part of the overall ego problem we have in the world. over blown egos that want to feel special because when you boil it right down, they're NOT.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Price match with a shop in a different state? I'm trying to figure out which one you think is ridiculous, they guy asking to price match, or the clerk who sent him on his way (120 round trip).

Kut (would have scoffed, and told him to make that drive too)

this too i have seen in another world. people would tell me it cost ten bucks more in my shop and proceed to drive an hour away to get it. small minds.... prevalent in certain areas (cough appalachia cough)
    all areas really, through my travels ive learned that small-mindedness is prevalent wherever you go... ****hole in tennessee is no different than a ****hole in indiana.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Many moons ago I bought a Stag Arms AR15 lower online and had it transferred by a very well known gunshop on the outskirts of Indy. When I picked it up, the clerk looked it over and said that he would be surprised if I didn't have problems building it up because it isn't going to be "in spec" since it is not a Colt.

Saw a gunshop employee sell a young kid (maybe 20 years old or less) a box of 9x18 ammunition when the kid asked for "9mm ammo". Kid bought the ammo and left the store only to come in 15 minutes later while I was still in there and ask to exchange it because it wasn't the right type. Counter guy told him that all ammo sales are final.

Went into a shop in Brazil many moons ago with a friend who was looking for a .41 Mag revolver. Shop had one and my friend made an offer that was accepted by the counter guy. My friend said "I have to go get cash from the bank across the street, I'll be back in 5 minutes to buy the gun". Counter guy said "if you don't buy it right now, I'll charge you full sticker price". Friends said "I will buy it, it will just take me 5 minutes to get the cash". I offered to stay at the shop while he went to get the cash so that the clerk wouldn't think we weren't coming back. Clerk said "as soon as you set foot out the door, our deal is off, either buy now for the agreed price or buy later at full sticker price". My friend said he wouldn't be buying the gun at all if that was the case. Clerk said "ok then I think you are done here". :n00b:

At the 1500 the other day, I was at one of the Glock armorer booths trying to find a grip extension. Guy in front of me was also looking for a grip extension for his Sub Compact .357. Counter guy said that the extensions were a good idea on the sub compacts, especially the .357, because of the snappy recoil. Customer said "yeah I have heard that the recoil is bad but I don't shoot it because ammo is too expensive".

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I still remember the day while waiting my turn at a LARGE sporting goods store I listened to the counter-man expounding on the virtues of a Ruger 22/45, since I had one at the time I was listening, then he drops the bomb, "The reason it is called a 22/45 is that you can convert it to a .45! I couldn't take it anymore and explained why it was called a 22/45 (grip angle), I don't think the counter-man appreciated it very much.

My personal favorite was the guy who called and asked a clerk for "choke tubes for a .30-06." The clerk asked the customer if he might have been referring to something else, since there's no such thing. The customer got huffy and demanded to speak to someone else.

Another gentleman reiterated the clerk's answer, and they guy wouldn't let up. He said, "son, if you don't know what I'm talking about, why don't you just admit it, already. No need to be a tool about it."

Guy at gun shops response was, "you know, I just remembered. We're out of stock on those. We really don't know when we're getting them back in."

"Well, can you order one?"

"Sorry, but none of our distributors have choke tubes for a .30-06."

"Well. Humph. If you're not willing to help, I'll take my business elsewhere."

Sometimes you just have to embrace the absurdly

Last edited:
    Top Bottom