• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "The Lifetime LTCH is going away at the end of the year."

The stupidest thing I've actually, personally heard was, "You should buy this $1300 AR today. It was $650 last week, and next week, it'll be $2600, and the prices are not going to come back down."

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    "The Lifetime LTCH is going away at the end of the year."

The stupidest thing I've actually, personally heard was, "You should buy this $1300 AR today. It was $650 last week, and next week, it'll be $2600, and the prices are not going to come back down."

How many did you buy? I know when they used that on me, I maxed out my credit card.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Gander mtn Merrillville.

I over heard the girl behind the counter showing a gun
    to a dude and she said:

"This is a great gun all the managers carry one."

He walked away and then I asked to see a different gun
    and she told me:

Jimmy

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I go into the LGS in Muncie (McGalliard Guns & More) looking for a .22 rifle to plink & target shoot with. At that time I wanted to spend around $100 but I was interested in a sales presentation on why I should spend a little more as my budget allowed for more if a compelling reason was offered. A good working used rifle would have been fine. I get helped by a gentleman who is not dressed the same as the others in the store, although I have seen him around them in the store and at gun shows more than once, who tells me a long and confusing tale about his 10-22 with bull barrel that outshoots an Anschutz in competitions. Now at this point in my education a bull barrel and what it does is about as obvious to me as the function of a football bat. The lone 10-22 on display was a basic model for $300.

Story #2 at the same LGS happened after a bought a used Savage-Stevens rifle at a gun show for $150 but now I am looking for a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. They didn't have one in the case so I inquired when they would get some. One of the clerks, this time I got one dressed in the uniform of the store, informed me they had some on order that would arrive in 10-14 days. I inquired about the price (knowing suggested retail was at that time $449.00) he said it would be $599. I thanked him for his answer and haven't returned. I bought one elsewhere for $459 as I am not opposed to a business making a profit.

I know! It totally pisses me off when they don't all dress the same! Grrrrr. /rant off.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Gander mtn Merrillville.

I over heard the girl behind the counter showing a gun
    to a dude and she said:

He walked away and then I asked to see a different gun
    and she told me:

Jimmy
    I really hope you're kidding...but I doubt you are!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Went into a shop in Brazil many moons ago with a friend who was looking for a .41 Mag revolver. Shop had one and my friend made an offer that was accepted by the counter guy. My friend said "I have to go get cash from the bank across the street, I'll be back in 5 minutes to buy the gun". Counter guy said "if you don't buy it right now, I'll charge you full sticker price". Friends said "I will buy it, it will just take me 5 minutes to get the cash". I offered to stay at the shop while he went to get the cash so that the clerk wouldn't think we weren't coming back. Clerk said "as soon as you set foot out the door, our deal is off, either buy now for the agreed price or buy later at full sticker price". My friend said he wouldn't be buying the gun at all if that was the case. Clerk said "ok then I think you are done .

That actually sounds like the clerks mouth wrote a check that his butt couldn't cash. Probably realized after making the offer that he shouldn't have priced it that low and would lose his shirt. Knowing there was no way your buddy could seal the deal as he stood there, he used the excuse of leaving as a way to save face. (And money)

Years ago I was in in a similar position in Bradis. They gave me a KILLER deal on a cash only price to move a "used" AR they bought the day before at the 1500 from an individual. Clean bore and not a scuff on it for an insane price. (The owner ran less than 1 box through it) That day only. They had no problems with me running down the road to the ATM.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I was told by this guy in a Denver LGS that if I didn't buy this .480Ruger he was selling, I just wasn't a man. Now, I've got a .500 Linebaugh, why do I need a dinky little round like the .480Ruger???

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I like shooting with Iron sights and i'd like to buy/ try a red dot scope, I only use it a couple of times a year. LGS, if you buy the $300 scope you'll shoot the rifle a lot more and can save you $$. In the long run...huh!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The 1500 yard pop can guy was also worth $500 million dollars and would work 7 12 hour day weeks if they'd let him. I also remember him telling that he had 9 different women from work that'd he take home to his wife.

What's even worse than the lies is that I think these people believe themselves.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The 1500 yard pop can guy was also worth $500 million dollars and would work 7 12 hour day weeks if they'd let him. I also remember him telling that he had 9 different women from work that'd he take home to his wife.

What's even worse than the lies is that I think these people believe themselves.
    They do, that IS the worst part. Thats one thing Ive seen as a constant with any con artist (figurative or actual) Ive ever met. Thats what makes these things seem even more incredible.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My Brother lives in Evansville and frequents Whittakers Guns in Owensboro, KY. They have Great deals on guns. They have a guy in Indiana that picks up the guns once a week and does the transfers for $20. I heard he does over 100 per week. Now for the dumbest thing a guy said and did. It was Saturday morning and the normal line is 20-50 people waiting for them to open. My Brother is wanting a 9mm Shield and they are sold out before he get his turn. While he is browsing he notices the guy beside him looking at a Sig 938 and listens to the features as explained by the sales associate. The dude looking at the gun says let me think about it while I look around some more. The Sales associate goes to put the gun away and my brother says the dreaded words "Don't put it back in the cabinet I will take it"

The first dude says hey wait a minute I was still thinking about buying that gun. Sales Associate says "He's not thinking about it he's buying it" The dude was bumming but snooze and you lose.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    That guy learned a valuable lesson. Well hopefully he did but probably not.

Years ago I used to frequent shop almost daily. They always seemed to turn up some good stuff at a good price. There was a guy that came in every day for a week looking at a Springfield armory M1A. They guy looked at and looked at it and asked a ton of questions but wouldn't buy it. The gunshop soon grew tired of this. On about the fifth or sixth day, the guy looked at and handed it back. The guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted it for $900. I said sure. The look on that other guys face was priceless. When he left I asked what the deal was. He said he was just tired of that guy coming in every day and wasting his time.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    When looking for a Remington 700 the guy had no clue what it was...... Thought I said Remington 600 then asked if it was some kind of antique gun. I was like if u have a remy 600 I'll take three and I guess an older 700 could be an antique by now :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a friend that cleaned his dad's house out after he had died and found a snubby .38 in his stuff. He is not a shooter and probably has not shot a gun since he was in the Army in the '70s. I offered to accompany him on a range trip to learn to shoot the gun. His response was 'No, I'll just buy a box of ammo and head out into the country and practice on a fence post along a back road'. I did my best to help him understand how truly bad an idea that was, but he still declined the trip. As far as I know, he still has not shot it and I really hope that he never does.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Thats how I learned to shoot a pistol. Popping oil filters off of fence posts. As long as you know the guy who owns the property, whats wrong with it.

Top Bottom