• silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    A buddy hands me his lady-Smith and sez "check out this here pistol !"
    I drop the mag and its loaded.
    I clear it and there is one in the pipe.
    "Don't hand he a loaded gun without telling me its loaded" I sez
    "The safety was on so it wouldnt fire." he sez
    A few months later we we go to trade his smith in on a 6-gun at Kirby road gun store (out of business years ago), and he does the same thing to the gun store guy, who cusses him out like a red headed step child. When we were leaving my buddy sez "That fella don't know much about guns, the safety was on so it wouldn't fire.":bash:

Hey, I bought more than a few guns at Kirby Rd gun shop. It wasn't a real big shop but he always had a few things in there. I miss that place, he was a pretty good fella to deal with. Now I mostly just deal with the gentlemen down at Sharkey curve.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The gun counter at the local Rural King has proven to be a hot spot for a good laugh or a golden opportunity to teach the ignorant. (I mean that literally and with no disrespect, some people are just ignorant of facts. But some are just plain stupid) This has come from both sides of the counter too unfortunately. I know our fellow INGOer .452Browning works the counter there on occasion and I know he knows his stuff. But a couple of those guys need to spend some more time on the range and less at the counter.

I stopped by on Monday and over heard a couple of good old boys talking. I can't remember exactly what was said but it was something along the lines of ARs are going to be illegal after Jan 1 so he was going to buy an AK because they are imported and can't be banned. :n00b:.

Last edited:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THE WORST/ DUMBEST (and that's really saying something)

Retired officer (one of the Good Ole' Boys) who hangs at one of the LGS tells a customer how it is illegal to carry a long gun in your vehicle. "Absolutely no long guns in vehicles unless they are locked in a separate compartment, and away from ammo." The customer then quickly says he has a carry "permit." Ole' Boy tells him that the "permit" doesn't matter. "Nobody can carry any long guns in vehicles! It is illegal! I'd take your gun and lock you up!" Ole' Boy now wants the whole shop to hear him setting this peon customer straight, as the owner and all employees are now piling on and agreeing with him while kind of brow beating the customer. Ole' boy goes on to brag about all the shotguns and rifles he confiscated from vehicles over the years...

I follow the customer out and tell him they were wrong for how they treated him and for what they told him. Told him to look up the long gun laws himself, and that he'll see HOW wrong they were. I suggested he find a different shop to go to, and suggested a few. I haven't gone back since, and doubt he has either.

Ignorance is one thing, but pompous ignorance I can't abide....and it seems to be a common affliction of those who hang out in some guns shops.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Retired officer (one of the Good Ole' Boys) who hangs at one of the LGS tells a customer how it is illegal to carry a long gun in your vehicle. "Absolutely no long guns in vehicles unless they are locked in a separate compartment, and away from ammo." The customer then quickly says he has a carry "permit." Ole' Boy tells him that the "permit" doesn't matter. "Nobody can carry any long guns in vehicles! It is illegal! I'd take your gun and lock you up!" Ole' Boy now wants the whole shop to hear him setting this peon customer straight, as the owner and all employees are now piling on and agreeing with him while kind of brow beating the customer. Ole' boy goes on to brag about all the shotguns and rifles he confiscated from vehicles over the years...

I follow the customer out and tell him they were wrong for how they treated him and for what they told him. Told him to look up the long gun laws himself, and that he'll see HOW wrong they were. I suggested he find a different shop to go to, and suggested a few. I haven't gone back since, and doubt he has either.

Ignorance is one thing, but pompous ignorance I can't abide....and it seems to be a common affliction of those who hang out in some guns shops.

Gun shops, speed shops, local garages and pubs. Pools of miss-information.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

You should have stepped in and set ol boy straight

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oops.....:(:

of course just like with Obummer-care there are exclusions..........:):

Edit, I am sure you could share some stories from your line of work as well.....Yes!!!

It's all good, I knew what you meant. No not all local garages are filled with misinformed Dbags, but a lot are, so you get a pass on that one.

I'm sure you could find someone somewhere that doesn't like me or the work I did for them too.

And yes I could :hijack: this mother with dumb stories from my line of work.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should have stepped in and set ol boy straight

I wanted to, I was truly pissed! Ole' boy, however, didn't strike me as one of those guys that you can "set straight." With the owner and employees piling on, I decided I'd never step foot in there again.

P.S. I'd had a previous encounter with the owner where I was the target of his diarrhea of the mouth. I attempted to logically, politely, and discreetly point out how what he was telling me was patently incorrect. I learned then that reason and truth don't hold a candle to what he or his friends say in his shop.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I wanted to, I was truly pissed! Ole' boy, however, didn't strike me as one of those guys that you can "set straight." With the owner and employees piling on, I decided I'd never step foot in there again.

P.S. I'd had a previous encounter with the owner where I was the target of his diarrhea of the mouth. I attempted to logically, politely, and discreetly point out how what he was telling me was patently incorrect. I learned then that reason and truth don't hold a candle to what he or his friends say in his shop.

Knowing that, I'd say you chose the correct path then. Some people you just can't reason with.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    About five hours ago;

SomeGuy: "I'm looking for a holster for my G30."
    Me: "Lemme go see if we have a G30 in the case. We can open the packages and test fit."
    SomeGuy: "I got mine" (pulls his carry gun, sweeps my guts)
    Me: "Hey! Don't sweep me!"
    SomeGuy: "I won't"
    Me: "Dude! You just did!"
    SomeGuy: "I never keep one in the chamber so it doesn't matter"

You may have met our neighbor, he does/says that frequently. We are no longer speaking...lol. I would say that he is the dumbest thing ever seen/heard in a gun shop.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Heard on a daily basis:
    1. LTCH referred to as a "permit" or "concealed carry permit".
    2. Magazine referred to as a "clip".

Then there are my coworkers who are constantly giving out their opinion rather than facts. Like this one I overheard the other day... Guy walks in to our store and asks what he needs to do in order to transfer the registration of his pistol to another friend because he wants to sell it to him. My co-worker tells him that he needs to print off a bill of sale with the serial number listed and he and his friend sign it, and he keeps it in his records. Co-worker says this is state law in Indiana. :rolleyes:

I have stories like this every day.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Not as good as a lot of these, but here is one I had recently.

I was interested in buying a CM9 or other pocket 9mm, but I had done my research, and was pretty confident that the CM9 was what I was going to buy. I had my credit in hand, and was ready to buy TODAY, yet I still had a hard time getting any attention at Midwest Gun Exchange. Common problem for me, guess they dont understand a young guy might actually have cash.

Anyways, I ask about the Kahr CM9, and the guy has no clue what I am talking about. I walk him over to the case and explain that it is like the CM40 they have, but in 9mm. They obviously dont have one, so I ask to see the CM40, and check out if they can order it. He offers to show me the LC9 and the Nano, which I was okay with. When Im holding the LC9, he remarks about how much better the trigger is than the Kahr. I kind of shrug and say I like the Kahr better. He shows me the Nano, and I say that it is at least better than the LC9, and he goes on to say "Yeah, that Kahr is really a top notch gun, you cant expect a cheaper gun to have that good of quality". Appearently the LC9 is a better gun the CM9, but the Nano is crap in comparison. Oh, and the price difference between the CM9 and the Nano? Like $20.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Not as good as a lot of these, but here is one I had recently.

I was interested in buying a CM9 or other pocket 9mm, but I had done my research, and was pretty confident that the CM9 was what I was going to buy. I had my credit in hand, and was ready to buy TODAY, yet I still had a hard time getting any attention at Midwest Gun Exchange. Common problem for me, guess they dont understand a young guy might actually have cash.

Anyways, I ask about the Kahr CM9, and the guy has no clue what I am talking about. I walk him over to the case and explain that it is like the CM40 they have, but in 9mm. They obviously dont have one, so I ask to see the CM40, and check out if they can order it. He offers to show me the LC9 and the Nano, which I was okay with. When Im holding the LC9, he remarks about how much better the trigger is than the Kahr. I kind of shrug and say I like the Kahr better. He shows me the Nano, and I say that it is at least better than the LC9, and he goes on to say "Yeah, that Kahr is really a top notch gun, you cant expect a cheaper gun to have that good of quality". Appearently the LC9 is a better gun the CM9, but the Nano is crap in comparison. Oh, and the price difference between the CM9 and the Nano? Like $20.

Lemme guess... super skinny guy with peach fuzz mustache?

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Anybody else remember the good old days of Y2K at Wyatt's in Cicero. I swear I find myself looking for chain link fences anytime I get stuck driving near Tipton County.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I laughed WAY to hard at this!

One of my personal favorites is when I went into a LGS last april(?). They had some absurd prices on ARs and the goodies during the panic, but now are back to normal. I saw a lower I wanted to buy so I was buying it. There is another shop down the road that was still asking 175$ for this same lower and I told them. They then told me "we don't like gouging and do not participate in it." I then proceeded to point out the 25$ box of 9mm on their shelf and they said "we can't get any of this so thats why its so high." :scratch:

I was in Elmore's last spring when Russ was running on about how he would not gouge his customers. He said that he told his distributor that if they jacked prices, he would not buy it and would rather do without than to over charge his customers. One week later, they marked their PMags up to over $60.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Anybody else remember the good old days of Y2K at Wyatt's in Cicero. I swear I find myself looking for chain link fences anytime I get stuck driving near Tipton County.

Started going there in '99! Bought ALOT of items there including a KAC suppressor for my HK Tac. Use to hear some good ones though.

Bob

Top Bottom