• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Could it be as random as they are describing? That Cooks had searched for both Trump and Biden and the DNC Convention on his phone and Trump was just the closest? Another report has stated that Cooks, in a online gaming room had stated he 'wanted to go out in glory'... The Dilbert filters are lining up...

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What’s the difference between a golf rangefinder and any other rangefinder? Is it because it says Ping and not Sig Sauer??
    That is most of it - Ping vs SIG like you said. As their core functionality they both do exactly the same thing - measure distance with a laser.

But the high end golf rangefinders add GPS functionality so they can tell you the distance from you to the front, middle and back of the green. Some even add other information about hazards and stuff depending on how much course data is available.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Americ
    From a quick internet search the main difference is the magnification and the range.
    In golf you need less magnification and less range compared to hunting/shooting.

I'm no expert since 2 minutes ago I had no idea people used rangefinders to play golf.
    America is so boring, my streaming service has channels dedicated to Golf.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Could it be as random as they are describing? That Cooks had searched for both Trump and Biden and the DNC Convention on his phone and Trump was just the closest? Another report has stated that Cooks, in a online gaming room had stated he 'wanted to go out in glory'... The Dilbert filters are lining up...

Who the heck knows what the search history means at this point?

Like I said in a post yesterday, motive is crystal clear from one perspective and not clear from another.

He wanted to kill Trump- sure, obvious. But why? That's by no means clear. Could be policy, could be notoriety, could be who knows what?

But this search history is only significant if it can be linked up to other clues.

On a different note, the horrific security made me wonder. It seems like there was a lot of complacency...a lot. I have wondered how often hinky people are at these events. We focus on the obviousness of the shooter here...because he shot.

How many other "persons of interest" or "suspicious persons" are that at similar events every time? Is it so common to have people acting strange around, but nothing has happened that the USSS and other LEOs have become primed to have the exact opposite reaction from what they should have? That is, they see a guy skulking around and they think "just another one of those weirdos", but because there hasn't been an attempt, they don't see the danger? I hope not, but I suspect this is the kind of thing that draws them into a false sense of security.

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Who the heck knows what the search history means at this point?

Like I said in a post yesterday, motive is crystal clear from one perspective and not clear from another.

He wanted to kill Trump- sure, obvious. But why? That's by no means clear. Could be policy, could be notoriety, could be who knows what?

But this search history is only significant if it can be linked up to other clues.

On a different note, the horrific security made me wonder. It seems like there was a lot of complacency...a lot. I have wondered how often hinky people are at these events. We focus on the obviousness of the shooter here...because he shot.

How many other "persons of interest" or "suspicious persons" are that at similar events every time? Is it so common to have people acting strange around, but nothing has happened that the USSS and other LEOs have become primed to have the exact opposite reaction from what they should have? That is, they see a guy skulking around and they think "just another one of those weirdos", but because there hasn't been an attempt, they don't see the danger? I hope not, but I suspect this is the kind of thing that draws them into a false sense of security.
    My take away is was Trump just the closest target for him? Could it have been Biden if Biden was closest at the time he decided to go off?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

He wanted to kill Trump- sure, obvious. But why? ...

Cause the democrats told him to. All you have to do is listen to their rhetoric, they'll tell you.

Why do you think they come out with all that "so divisive" and "lower the temperature" talk after Trump was shot? They know what they've said...

Stevie Wonder can see this. Why can others not?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Cause the democrats told him to. All you have to do is listen to their rhetoric, they'll tell you.

Why do you think they come out with all that "so divisive" and "lower the temperature" talk after Trump was shot? They know what they've said...

Stevie Wonder can see this. Why can others not?
    They absolutely have used extreme language and TDS is real.....all of which doesn't mean that this was what in the shooter's mind in this case. It would make sense, but that doesn't mean that's what it was.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That is most of it - Ping vs SIG like you said. As their core functionality they both do exactly the same thing - measure distance with a laser.

But the high end golf rangefinders add GPS functionality so they can tell you the distance from you to the front, middle and back of the green. Some even add other information about hazards and stuff depending on how much course data is available.
    A decent Sig or Vortex can be had for $200 or less. The one mounted on the USSS sniper rifles looks like the $1600 Vortex Impact 4000 super extra ultra deluxe sniper model with capability built into it to give shooting solutions for temperature, wind, drop, etc. I was expecting they would name it the Binford 9000 model [sigh].

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

The big difference is when you shoot after using the rangefinders. With the golf rangefinder you will hear a distinct “ping” . With a gun rangefinder, a very loud “BANG”!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My take away is was Trump just the closest target for him? Could it have been Biden if Biden was closest at the time he decided to go off?
    Anything is possible and I'm sure people will jump on this search history to make the case that it could have been Biden- but at this point, that seems like a stretch.

What we know: he shot at Trump, not Biden. The search history does not change that and without more information to put the search history in context, it's just speculation. With more information, maybe a case could be made, but in my mind, we're no where near that.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Anything is possible and I'm sure people will jump on this search history to make the case that it could have been Biden- but at this point, that seems like a stretch.

What we know: he shot at Trump, not Biden. The search history does not change that and without more information to put the search history in context, it's just speculation. With more information, maybe a case could be made, but in my mind, we're no where near that.
    Don't forget, the search history information is from the FBI. What we are hearing is what the FBI want us to hear. They want it to appear like he was not influenced by dumocrap language. So they will say stuff that fits that agenda. We have no idea what the search history is really like or anything else on his phone.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Did you see this post that started it?

Post in thread 'Official Trump Attempted Assassination at his Rally Thread'
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ation-at-his-rally-thread.552592/post-9991876
    I hadn't read all of it till now. So if one can only be held in contempt by legislative branch, then what is the peoples method to rectify the situation if the the executive and judicial branch is also corrupt as Peter Navarro points out?

Haven't been able to vote out all the corrupt politicians that don't represent the people yet. Isn't Thomas Massie the only person in Congress not in a PAC?

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Now let’s do this from a different perspective and the one I believe is the way the founders intended.

High ranking person gets called to testify in front of congress.
    They sit for hours being asked uncomfortable questions, that they will often give non-answers to, though frequently incriminating information is revealed.
    Oh, and then afterwards the politicians pat each other on the back for a job well done. And sometimes just sigh and say they wish they could do more.
    The people ignore everything with a collective sigh, says that is old news.
    Nothing happens.

There is a reason that the founders told the people they created a republic if you can keep it. They expected the people to hold the feet to the fire. They gave congress no mechanism to do anything more. You said “even though they could have” what constitutional authority do they have they are failing to use? The founders did not give congress an army, LEO, or any enforcement mechanism.

As Narvarro explained last night in his speech, he and Bannon have the experience, he claimed executive privilege, congress voted him in contempt, the executive branch had to prosecute him, and the judicial branch had to convict him to send him to prison.

The republicans in the house have voted Mayorkas in contempt, that is all they can do under the constitution, the people must demand the executive and judiciary do their jobs. The people are the ones failing. I despise congress as much as the next guy but this is not all their fault, especially if they vote contempt, it is the people’s.

A major political failure of the people was allowing Clinton to skate consequence free to reelection. Other politicians said, cool, these are the new rules and if we keep the team on our side we can do anything…
    They have the power of the purse. The old saying that the true golden rule is that those with the gold make the rules is valid.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hid the rifle, don’t know where.

What’s the difference between a golf rangefinder and any other rangefinder? Is it because it says Ping and not Sig Sauer??

I stated that the rifle was there already, he just got his stashed rifle and climbed the latter etc etc.
    I wonder how much else I surmised is correct.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom