• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have recently been lurking but not posting precisely because of some of the behavior seen right here in this thread. Now all I can say is WOW, what a marathon! Brilliant arguments from both sides are disregarded completely while a "discussion" degenerates into a barroom brawl.

I came here from thefiringline.com because over there everyone is a frustrated range marshal and THERE WILL BE NO HORSEPLAY on thefiringline. Here horseplay is mandatory and that is an aspect of this forum that is very entertaining. Its too bad that the play gets so rough. My mother would say "It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye put out!" This is a rough crowd, often rough right out of the gate.

This topic in particular brings the devil out from both sides. I would like to discuss AROUND the oc/cc topic and study the psychology behind the positions and not the positions themselves. Both sides speak of comfort levels and convenience as factors in their decisions but soon deeper passions are manifested by name calling and sniping. I have read every post on oc/cc and while both positions are explained plainly and logically, the emotional response is not so plainly obvious. The passion involved is very interesting.
    Very interesting and well thought out post, sir. All I can add, as a semi-normal member of this forum is......pthbttttt:p

Now back to the stupidity (for the same reason we like to look at a train wreck.)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    :laugh:

You know... I was thinking about going for a bike ride the other day... Than I remembered how much my butt hurt after I rode on the Greenway with you and I changed my mind :D
    I knew I couldn't stand the standard bike seat that's why Ortegina and I got replacements that were wider. If you get lucky enough to join me on another ride I'll bring her seat along. It should fit your bike. (If we come back down Main Street instead of the trail you might get to see the guy in drag at the old Holl and Korn furniture store. What a sight. I don't think he could beat both of us up so I'll stop and ask him WTF, dude.)

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I find that one side presents facts, laws, statistics, and empirical evidence on a constant basis. While the other side presents their feelings and opinions on the matter. These feelings and opinions cannot be swayed by reality. Name calling and sniping ensues since the emotional ones are backed into a corner and cannot logically defend their feelings with facts, laws, statistics, and empirical evidence.

I think that about sums it up. :twocents:

This is very much on point. I would also add that everytime the same points are brought up like we haven't heard them before.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Somewhere, in a big ol' tree, there's a little gremlin lookin thing in an apron making cookies. Trollhouse cookies. The very finest from the best trollbaker. Stirring his little trolldough in his trollbowl, putting them on his trollcookie sheet and putting them in his little troll oven. Now, they're not as good as the ones made by elves, but they make better bait when fishing.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I find that one side presents facts, laws, statistics, and empirical evidence on a constant basis. While the other side presents their feelings and opinions on the matter. These feelings and opinions cannot be swayed by reality. Name calling and sniping ensues since the emotional ones are backed into a corner and cannot logically defend their feelings with facts, laws, statistics, and empirical evidence.

Yep!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Somewhere, in a big ol' tree, there's a little gremlin lookin thing in an apron making cookies. Trollhouse cookies. The very finest from the best trollbaker. Stirring his little trolldough in his trollbowl, putting them on his trollcookie sheet and putting them in his little troll oven. Now, they're not as good as the ones made by elves, but they make better bait when fishing.

Sometimes, trolls need to take a break making his bait one way or another :dunno:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    And the OP's username is Matt :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:rockwoot: Maybe its just Matts that scare off BGs, not the guns.

Easy on the Matt jokes, I might get offended...

Oh btw I OC all the time, every where because I'm too small to defend myself, I think it makes me look cool. I wear my spurrs and cowboy hat while walkin down the street doing quick draws and pistol spins. I have to over compensate with a full sized Glock for my rather small....frame (get your minds out of the gutters)

Real reasons:
    A. I've OCed a 1911 since 1988 then the 92F when they were issued
    B. I've OCed an M60
    C. I've OCed an M249
    D. I've OCed an M16
    E. I've been shot at and found I really don't like it, so would rather have it out in the open without having to screw with anything in the way of my draw.
    F. I'm comfortable with my ability to pose as a positive influence on the public eye while I am OCing (my problem, everyone one assumes I'm LEO)

So Matt252986728973649867234 wtfever you are, don't go around saying that everyone who OC's is an attention whore. I might have to go around saying that people like you need to move to a different country as you obviously don't value the freedoms that many veterans before have paid the ultimate sacrafice for you to be able to post on a forum such as this.

Thanks and have a good day.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Sounds a lot like conservatives vs. liberals...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The arguments ARE always the same. I have read every post on ingo that I could find on this subject, and that's no light work I don't mind pointing out! I asked about oc myself and was pointed to the sticky thread. It's my impression that while oc is by far in the minority, it is strongly supported by the majority. I feel the same way. I cc for a few reasons, A-To keep a lower profile. B-To keep my gun secure while I am not paying attention and C-To keep guys with expensive raceguns hanging in the breeze from laughing at my cheap, puss little gun that is so easy to carry. Both ways are valid and each works for the person who uses it. It usually starts calmly and rationally (This thread started kind of rough however!) then it quickly degenerates. There is a inherent divide between the two, like personality types that are at opposite ends of the scale. I am curious about the underlying factors that make one extreme view holder different from the other. Let me pose an illustration.... Most of us can act a fool in public, but not too big a fool. more often we act up a bit and then fall in line with society. A small group of others can Stand up in front of the WHOLE crowd and love it, actors, athletes, politicians and the like. Another small group cant stand to be in the spotlight at all, They are VERY conservative and careful. the three groups aren't bad people, just different at a basic level. The oc/cc debate seems similar to me. Some guys are strapped like Matt Dillon and couldn't care less, Most don't like to be obvious but aren't worried if they are discovered to be packing heat. Another few don't want to rock the boat AT ALL. Oc'ers talk about teaching and meeting new people...... The very thing that the cc group is trying to avoid, standing out and drawing attention. The oc'ers can be outspoken and almost militant in their support of oc while cc people talk about the social contract and avoiding conflict or interaction with strangers. The larger "middle" group posts pictures of popcorn and watches the fur flying. In the end the cc group quiets down (in full keeping with their don't make a scene personality traits) and continues doing what they do. The oc group announces loudly their victory (Outgoing, high profile personality traits) and continues what they do. I have to wonder if it is just an extension of type A verses Type B personalities and not about how to behave in public at all.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The arguments ARE always the same. I have read every post on ingo that I could find on this subject, and that's no light work I don't mind pointing out! I asked about oc myself and was pointed to the sticky thread. It's my impression that while oc is by far in the minority, it is strongly supported by the majority. I feel the same way. I cc for a few reasons, A-To keep a lower profile. B-To keep my gun secure while I am not paying attention and C-To keep guys with expensive raceguns hanging in the breeze from laughing at my cheap, puss little gun that is so easy to carry. Both ways are valid and each works for the person who uses it. It usually starts calmly and rationally (This thread started kind of rough however!) then it quickly degenerates. There is a inherent divide between the two, like personality types that are at opposite ends of the scale. I am curious about the underlying factors that make one extreme view holder different from the other. Let me pose an illustration.... Most of us can act a fool in public, but not too big a fool. more often we act up a bit and then fall in line with society. A small group of others can Stand up in front of the WHOLE crowd and love it, actors, athletes, politicians and the like. Another small group cant stand to be in the spotlight at all, They are VERY conservative and careful. the three groups aren't bad people, just different at a basic level. The oc/cc debate seems similar to me. Some guys are strapped like Matt Dillon and couldn't care less, Most don't like to be obvious but aren't worried if they are discovered to be packing heat. Another few don't want to rock the boat AT ALL. Oc'ers talk about teaching and meeting new people...... The very thing that the cc group is trying to avoid, standing out and drawing attention. The oc'ers can be outspoken and almost militant in their support of oc while cc people talk about the social contract and avoiding conflict or interaction with strangers. The larger "middle" group posts pictures of popcorn and watches the fur flying. In the end the cc group quiets down (in full keeping with their don't make a scene personality traits) and continues doing what they do. The oc group announces loudly their victory (Outgoing, high profile personality traits) and continues what they do. I have to wonder if it is just an extension of type A verses Type B personalities and not about how to behave in public at all.

Clearly not a CCer. WAY too much logic in that one.:D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I thought that was going to be a bunch of :bs: (posts that long with no paragraphs usually are) but really I think you made some decent points.

I do have a strong personality and everyone who knows me for any length of time knows I love guns and I carry one all the time. Even when I'm CCing. ;)

I WIN!!!!!! :rockwoot: :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Yes I know, It's been a long time since English class. I get rolling and forget. I think I was having A.D.D. on that day........ Or maybe I am having it TODAY?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I thought that was going to be a bunch of :bs: (posts that long with no paragraphs usually are) but really I think you made some decent points.

I do have a strong personality and everyone who knows me for any length of time knows I love guns and I carry one all the time. Even when I'm CCing. ;)

I WIN!!!!!! :rockwoot: :laugh:

No, TF. America wins.:patriot:

Also, it should be noted that Titanium Frost also wins.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are not reflective of INGO, or any of its affiliates. Side effects include; compulsive laughter, spontaneous combustion, and bacon. OC for Trayvon. Do it for the children.

Top Bottom