post_whore.gif

LOL

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My participation in this thread ended long ago. I just wanted to point out that I will no longer be participating in this thread. That is all. :patriot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The arguments ARE always the same. I have read every post on ingo that I could find on this subject, and that's no light work I don't mind pointing out! I asked about oc myself and was pointed to the sticky thread. It's my impression that while oc is by far in the minority, it is strongly supported by the majority. I feel the same way. I cc for a few reasons, A-To keep a lower profile. B-To keep my gun secure while I am not paying attention and C-To keep guys with expensive raceguns hanging in the breeze from laughing at my cheap, puss little gun that is so easy to carry. Both ways are valid and each works for the person who uses it. It usually starts calmly and rationally (This thread started kind of rough however!) then it quickly degenerates. There is a inherent divide between the two, like personality types that are at opposite ends of the scale. I am curious about the underlying factors that make one extreme view holder different from the other. Let me pose an illustration.... Most of us can act a fool in public, but not too big a fool. more often we act up a bit and then fall in line with society. A small group of others can Stand up in front of the WHOLE crowd and love it, actors, athletes, politicians and the like. Another small group cant stand to be in the spotlight at all, They are VERY conservative and careful. the three groups aren't bad people, just different at a basic level. The oc/cc debate seems similar to me. Some guys are strapped like Matt Dillon and couldn't care less, Most don't like to be obvious but aren't worried if they are discovered to be packing heat. Another few don't want to rock the boat AT ALL. Oc'ers talk about teaching and meeting new people...... The very thing that the cc group is trying to avoid, standing out and drawing attention. The oc'ers can be outspoken and almost militant in their support of oc while cc people talk about the social contract and avoiding conflict or interaction with strangers. The larger "middle" group posts pictures of popcorn and watches the fur flying. In the end the cc group quiets down (in full keeping with their don't make a scene personality traits) and continues doing what they do. The oc group announces loudly their victory (Outgoing, high profile personality traits) and continues what they do. I have to wonder if it is just an extension of type A verses Type B personalities and not about how to behave in public at all.

Well said, (I think.) PIA to read.

I normally skip over big blobs of words like this, figuring someone not concerned about the readers just wants to hear themselves talk. Those kind of folks got nothing for me.

This post seems to have some important observations. Just think about how much more weight it would have carried if it was at least half-assed laid out with a thought given to those who might actually read it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Geez, ya buncha whiners!! Here:

The arguments ARE always the same. I have read every post on ingo that I could find on this subject, and that's no light work I don't mind pointing out!

I asked about oc myself and was pointed to the sticky thread.
    It's my impression that while oc is by far in the minority, it is strongly supported by the majority. I feel the same way. I cc for a few reasons, A-To keep a lower profile. B-To keep my gun secure while I am not paying attention and C-To keep guys with expensive raceguns hanging in the breeze from laughing at my cheap, puss little gun that is so easy to carry.

Both ways are valid and each works for the person who uses it. It usually starts calmly and rationally (This thread started kind of rough however!) then it quickly degenerates.

There is a inherent divide between the two, like personality types that are at opposite ends of the scale. I am curious about the underlying factors that make one extreme view holder different from the other.

Let me pose an illustration.... Most of us can act a fool in public, but not too big a fool. more often we act up a bit and then fall in line with society. A small group of others can Stand up in front of the WHOLE crowd and love it, actors, athletes, politicians and the like. Another small group cant stand to be in the spotlight at all, They are VERY conservative and careful. the three groups aren't bad people, just different at a basic level.

The oc/cc debate seems similar to me. Some guys are strapped like Matt Dillon and couldn't care less, Most don't like to be obvious but aren't worried if they are discovered to be packing heat. Another few don't want to rock the boat AT ALL.

Oc'ers talk about teaching and meeting new people...... The very thing that the cc group is trying to avoid, standing out and drawing attention. The oc'ers can be outspoken and almost militant in their support of oc while cc people talk about the social contract and avoiding conflict or interaction with strangers.

The larger "middle" group posts pictures of popcorn and watches the fur flying. In the end the cc group quiets down (in full keeping with their don't make a scene personality traits) and continues doing what they do.

The oc group announces loudly their victory (Outgoing, high profile personality traits) and continues what they do.

I have to wonder if it is just an extension of type A verses Type B personalities and not about how to behave in public at all.
    And yes... it was a very good post by YSYEO.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Geez....That was exhausting .... Now I'm gonna go to Walmart in Washington and OC....if I have the strength !

Might have to use the little electric shopping cart ! Won't that be a sight ???

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No, my whining is usually followed up by objects at high rates of speed and with great accuracy and authority...I have a great arm. ;) :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Geez....That was exhausting .... Now I'm gonna go to Walmart in Washington and OC....if I have the strength !

Might have to use the little electric shopping cart ! Won't that be a sight ???

Might as well OC the carbine, if you're gonna ride the "hoveround," eh?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Might as well OC the carbine, if you're gonna ride the "hoveround," eh?

Ha Ha, the folding Mini-14 across my back would be worth a pic to post, might go viral !

I should wear my BPV (excuse me BRV) in the exterior carrier too. All those pockets make people nervous !!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No, my whining is usually followed up by objects at high rates of speed and with great accuracy and authority...I have a great arm. ;) :D

My grandpa told me that he believed n flying saucers since the first time he made grandma mad after they got married! This must work the same way!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I was taken to school by a retired schoolteacher on cloudynights.com telescope forum for lack of capitalization and/or punctuation. I took his lessons Without crying and implemented them.

Thank you JetGirl for editing my "Wall Of Text" into a coherent post. As I said before, it has been a long time since English class and I was having A.D.D. that day. I am a little fuzzy on the proper use and format concerning paragraphs and I stand ready to accept your lessons. (um... err.... Didn't Phil Spector Make history With his "Wall Of Sound" production technique? Maybe I'm not illiterate, I could be pioneering a groundbreaking literary style! No?......)

For the rest of you guys, just be glad that the spell check shows mistakes in red or I would really be in trouble. The retired teacher pointed out that the red wasn't there to accentuate an exceptionally salient point. That was news to me!

To change the subject, Do you suppose we could carry this thread on long enough that the mods close it for the sake of decency? Has it ever been done before? We could be on the edge of a first ever event, where is the sense of adventure?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom