• ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thats fine but you know that people do it to get attention

If you think that, then you must be incredibly self conscious. I OC for a number of reasons, but the BIGGEST one is COMFORT. I am an old fart....and I am to the point in my life that I like to feel COMFORTABLE when I am out and about. OCing is the most COMFORTABLE way to carry. I REFUSE to wear two shirt in this heat, just so I can "cover up" my handgun. I really don't care if it stresses people out. If they are that fearful of a gun, it's THEIR responsibility to seek PROFESSIONAL help in overcoming their irrational fears.

I find OCing so comfortable that I often forget I am wearing it when I am not out waling in public (times like when I am driving). When in public, I work at exercising situational awareness. No gun is going to help one wit, if you are ignorant as to what is going down around you.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I open carry to desensitize the public. Yes, I want it to be seen. I want people to get nervous.

Why you say? Because when I walk out without shooting anyone, the next time they see me or anyone else; MAYBE, just maybe, they won't freak as much.

I had a positive experience with a single mom and three boys here in town not too long ago. Boys had weird looks, and the gas station attendent said something snarky about me freaking people out with my handgun. I replied "good, maybe next time they'll realize good guys carry guns too and won't freak out."

OC promotes the 2A actively, CC is like...in hiding. Like being a closet beber fan ala the Cleveland show. LOL

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    OC promotes the 2A actively, CC is like...in hiding. Like being a closet beber fan ala the Cleveland show. LOL

So OCing is for loud and proud Bieber fans? Now I'm starting to understand. It's all becoming clear.

I see another OC t-shirt in our future:

bieber.jpg

Last edited:

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    As long as people aren't out to commit crime and are acting responsibly. I don't care why they OC. You can tie a pretty bow to it for all I care.
    I still don't understand why a gun that people can see is more threatening than the one they can't see.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Why is it that people believe that there is only one way to properly carry a gun, and every other way is wrong. If OC is so bad then why do the police do it. would they not be safer and be able to thwart more unsuspecting criminals if they would just CC? I OC/CC depending on what I am doing and where I am going. Obviously there are places that are OC unfriendly and I CC there. I do OC and do so to show the general population that guns are not this scary object that needs to be hidden from view and talked about in hushed tones. I think if more law abiding citizens OC then the anti-gun media would look more like the fools that they are. Standing up for your rights is not being a bully. Prove the media wrong by showing them how many people own guns and don't run around shooting up the town like they think.
    Just my :twocents:!

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    Rhetoric. It is spelled "rhetoric".

And you would have a difficult time explaining to me that this OC "activism" is not an exercise of force against someone in a position of authority.

It is legal. So are a number of things that are a bad idea. We're stepping beyond legality and into common courtesy.

Steelman,
    Please post where you received your degree in psychology from since you are now analyzing the people who OC.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    So OCing is for loud and proud Bieber fans? Now I'm starting to understand. It's all becoming clear.

I see another OC t-shirt in our future:

bieber.jpg

No. I was making an obscure reference to the cleveland show in which Cleveland is a closet Bieber fan.

CCing does nothing to promote the idea that good guys carry guns, just like good guys carry pocket knives.

Re read what I said.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    No. I was making an obscure reference to the cleveland show in which Cleveland is a closet Bieber fan.

CCing does nothing to promote the idea that good guys carry guns, just like good guys carry pocket knives.

Re read what I said.

OK, I re-read what you said, and I still think you're a Bieber fan.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have recently been lurking but not posting precisely because of some of the behavior seen right here in this thread. Now all I can say is WOW, what a marathon! Brilliant arguments from both sides are disregarded completely while a "discussion" degenerates into a barroom brawl.

I came here from thefiringline.com because over there everyone is a frustrated range marshal and THERE WILL BE NO HORSEPLAY on thefiringline. Here horseplay is mandatory and that is an aspect of this forum that is very entertaining. Its too bad that the play gets so rough. My mother would say "It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye put out!" This is a rough crowd, often rough right out of the gate.

This topic in particular brings the devil out from both sides. I would like to discuss AROUND the oc/cc topic and study the psychology behind the positions and not the positions themselves. Both sides speak of comfort levels and convenience as factors in their decisions but soon deeper passions are manifested by name calling and sniping. I have read every post on oc/cc and while both positions are explained plainly and logically, the emotional response is not so plainly obvious. The passion involved is very interesting.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I have recently been lurking but not posting precisely because of some of the behavior seen right here in this thread. Now all I can say is WOW, what a marathon! Brilliant arguments from both sides are disregarded completely while a "discussion" degenerates into a barroom brawl.
    I find that one side presents facts, laws, statistics, and empirical evidence on a constant basis. While the other side presents their feelings and opinions on the matter. These feelings and opinions cannot be swayed by reality. Name calling and sniping ensues since the emotional ones are backed into a corner and cannot logically defend their feelings with facts, laws, statistics, and empirical evidence.

I think that about sums it up. :twocents:

Top Bottom