• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I thought he was talking about posters on the wall, but that didn't make sense.
    No sarcasm is intended, but is that really what you thought?

In the current context, a poster would be any individual who makes a post to this thread. The thread being the overall conversation or discussion, while the forum is the entire site containing many threads (i.e. discussions).

I'm not being condescending, patronizing you, insulting your intelligence, or putting you down - but just helping you a bit with the basics of online discussion forums and the terminology. If there is anything else you need clarified, I'm sure another friendly INGO member will be happy to advise you and/or point you in the right direction.

While I may disagree with everything you've said, and you may have ignored each and every solid point that was brought up that contradicts your opinions, that doesn't mean that I have to call you names or employ any of the other tactics that have been used by certain individuals in this thread, on this here forum.

One has nothing to fear from the moderators so long as they follow the rules and treat others with at least the basic level of courtesy and respect. Being a member on this forum and being able to post is a privilege and not a right.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

In the current context, a poster would be any individual who makes a post to this thread. The thread being the overall conversation or discussion, while the forum is the entire site containing many threads (i.e. discussions).

I'm not being condescending, patronizing you, insulting your intelligence, or putting you down - but just helping you a bit with the basics of online discussion forums and the terminology. If there is anything else you need clarified, I'm sure another friendly INGO member will be happy to advise you and/or point you in the right direction.

While I may disagree with everything you've said, and you may have ignored each and every solid point that was brought up that contradicts your opinions, that doesn't mean that I have to call you names or employ any of the other tactics that have been used by certain individuals in this thread, on this here forum.

One has nothing to fear from the moderators so long as they follow the rules and treat others with at least the basic level of courtesy and respect. Being a member on this forum and being able to post is a privilege and not a right.

very well said:+1:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Looks like they will give anybody a user Id on INGO-- even Nancy Pelosi...Looks like the OP can read minds and is in favor of gun control if your motivation for open carry is not right --but i could be wrong...what if you were conceal carrying but couldnt put your big gulp down to get to your raven holster that tucked tightly into your but crack...This could happen on a weekend or a weekday...i think people who open carry are standing for our rights as are people who carry in a manner that gives them butt hurt

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN

"Poster" is not a phrase I've heard before describing someone who uses a forum. In retrospect, it kind of a stretch but I see it now.

There have been no solid points made by yourself or your comrades. I'm still waiting for you to provide an epic post that I am supposed to debunk.

It's very convenient that you are taking the "high ground" now.

Maybe Que can answer his own posts from now on.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So what I see here is that I should not open carry which I do half the time because someone might be scared or offended. If we were to follow that logic that some prescribe to they are willing to do nothing. If say you wear a crucifix and you realize it bothers or offends Muslims you would stop doing it. If you are Jewish and wear a Yamaka (sp) and realize a neo nazi gets high blood pressure over it you would conceded and not do it. People need to grow up and realize that no matter what someone somewhere will be bothered or offended by something you do. I will not change my legal behavior to accomodate people that is what is killing us.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He could've untucked his shirt as a courtesy. End of story.

The taxpayers foot the bill. I have no idea how any Republican/Conservative/Libertarian can get behind this.

Of course he does not come out and say "I'm a hero". Read his posts, they are full of melodrama and perceived sacrifice for the greater good of the 2A community. He is doing this for "us".

The Hero of [STRIKE]Canton[/STRIKE] Evansville! [STRIKE]Jayne Cobb[/STRIKE] Titanium Frost!

I am not really comparing him to Rosa Parks but if she would have just moved to the back of the bus a bunch of white people would not have gotten upset. Those darn jews should have just stayed inside and the Nazis would have left them alone it was all their fault for flaunting their jewness (is that a word)

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    apple

I open carry my IPOD...you got a problem? 95% of people who open carry apple computers are smarter than people who conceal carry windows smart phone....:D
    I think the OP is referring to a subset of OC'ers, that are reminiscent of Glock and Appple purists- not every user fits into this, but we all know someone who believes Apple/Glock/OC is the greatest thing in the world, nothing else is even really a computer/gun/legitimate style of carry, and that everyone shold have an iPad/G19/OWB holster. They exist, and they end up being louder than folks like some of the earlier posters who simply carry in the style that fits the firearm and attire. For example, if I carry my Beretta Minx, I'm gonna CC, because OC'ing a 3 inch pistol is just silly. If, however, I am going to carry my Ruger Security Six (6" barrel) I had better OC that beast, or I am gonna look goofy asall get out. Its all in whats best in the situation.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    "Poster" is not a phrase I've heard before describing someone who uses a forum. In retrospect, it kind of a stretch but I see it now.
    A user of the forum? Not necessarily. Somebody who actively makes posts on a forum, is a poster. Many certainly read forums without making a post and, as such, are forum users but not posters.

There have been no solid points made by yourself or your comrades. I'm still waiting for you to provide an epic post that I am supposed to debunk.
    I've made plenty of solid points that you, thus far, have refused to respond to. I didn't re-post them repeatedly, as once is enough. If you choose to skip over all of the valid points others are making - and just continue to spout your opinion... Why not just start a blog (you know, one-way discussion where people just read what you write)? You can even turn off commenting :).

It's very convenient that you are taking the "high ground" now.
    It's hard to claim that I am taking the high ground "now" when I never stooped to the level of using derogatory or threatening terms.

Maybe Que can answer his own posts from now on.
    Que is the moderator that posted in this thread (twice, mind you) saying that all threats need to stop or the ban-hammer will fall. I am not sure why you are saying he needs to answer his own posts, he's not asked any questions.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I am not really comparing him to Rosa Parks but if she would have just moved to the back of the bus a bunch of white people would not have gotten upset. Those darn jews should have just stayed inside and the Nazis would have left them alone it was all their fault for flaunting their jewness (is that a word)

If you're not comparing him to Rosa Parks or WWII-era Jews.......Why bother posting this at all?

It's some mighty flawed logic either way.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If you're not comparing him to Rosa Parks or WWII-era Jews.......Why bother posting this at all?
    The comparison was that you are claiming us OC "activists" need to quit showing off, cover the guns up (read: cc) and stop causing a commotion because that's how we lose our rights. Rosa Parks got the rights that African Americans in this country enjoy because she was not willing to do what is "expected" of her to avoid upsetting people or causing a commotion.

The analogy is that if Rosa Parks had simply shut her mouth and sat in the back quietly like she was expected, she wouldn't have made people mad as you say us OC "activists" purposefully do. The deeper point, which I will explain for you, is that if we hide our legal actions and keep everything hush-hush to avoid upsetting people - we're going to end up without our rights. The analogy would be that we ourselves end up at the back of the bus-of-rights due to our choice to carry, and not our race.

It's some mighty flawed logic either way.
    No, the logic makes perfect sense - well, except the part about Jewish people... I say we just leave that out as it's not a topic that needs discussed in this thread. The logic only fails to make sense if you tend to be illogical by nature.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I've made plenty of solid points that you, thus far, have refused to respond to. I didn't re-post them repeatedly, as once is enough. If you choose to skip over all of the valid points others are making - and just continue to spout your opinion...

And I've asked you to point these "beacons of light" out to me several times. I'm beginning to think they don't exist. :yesway:;):yesway:

I don't think I've said anything derogatory. You shouldn't be so sensitive.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    And I've asked you to point these "beacons of light" out to me several times. I'm beginning to think they don't exist. :yesway:;):yesway:
    I'm not going to re-post my content so that you can ignore it a second time around. I'm also not going to go through the trouble of going back through the thread and finding post numbers to make your life easier.

I don't think I've said anything derogatory. You shouldn't be so sensitive.
    I never said that I was offended, but merely that you've been making derogatory statements. I'm not the only one who believes this, but then again, it's not something that is "up for debate." You have made derogatory statements, and that is a fact that can be proven.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a challenge for most of you. For years we have heard people like Richard Lugar called 'RINOs'. We need to come up with a catchy name for lukewarm (at best) gun owners who refuse to stand up for their rights, believe that getting run over is right and proper, and at the end of the day would accept any insult, infringement, or de facto cancellation of their rights in the name of following some twisted idea of proper social order and 'politeness'.

I call them "but why gun owners"
    IE I support the 2nd but why do you have to OC
    I support the 2nd but why does anyone need an AR
    but why do you need any mag over 10 rounds.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I call them "but why gun owners"
    IE I support the 2nd but why do you have to OC
    I support the 2nd but why does anyone need an AR
    but why do you need any mag over 10 rounds.
    Ever wondered why everybody always feels that what somebody else does is somehow their business? You want to carry a gun on your hip, they feel they have the right to tell you that you can't.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I never said that I was offended, but merely that you've been making derogatory statements. I'm not the only one who believes this, but then again, it's not something that is "up for debate." You have made derogatory statements, and that is a fact that can be proven.

Please provide an example of a derogatory statement I have made. I would like to see what has you up in arms. This would seem easier than unearthing all the slam dunk points you have made.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Not that I have time for your grandiose notions that you're to show up after 8 or so pages and tie this up with a neat little bow....Somehow leaving me with a new perspective on the matter....but here goes....

My opinion of the OC activists is that they are going about things the wrong way. Most of what they do is bravado and posturing. Their inability to be flexible with the public is a detriment to the 2A community.

Please make a counterpoint............use statistics and graphs and formulas and calculations and kittens and statistics about kittens while calculating the number of graphs created by kittens from 1974-78.

Best of luck.:n00b:

Please clarify....Is everyone that OC's an "activist"? IF NOT, how does one tell the difference between the two?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom