• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Not that I have time for your grandiose notions that you're to show up after 8 or so pages and tie this up with a neat little bow....Somehow leaving me with a new perspective on the matter....but here goes....

My opinion of the OC activists is that they are going about things the wrong way. Most of what they do is bravado and posturing. Their inability to be flexible with the public is a detriment to the 2A community.

Please make a counterpoint............use statistics and graphs and formulas and calculations and kittens and statistics about kittens while calculating the number of graphs created by kittens from 1974-78.

Best of luck.:n00b:

I will make a counterpoint. You have to start, though.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    If I were in a petting zoo, with children running around, and a mother asked me if I could cover up my handgun - I would gladly comply. I see it as a courtesy to my fellow human being. I don't need to flop it out there and tell everyone to pound sand.

There are about 3.4 bajillion people responding to my threads. If I overlooked your "Masterpiece" - I'm truly sorry. PM the post number to me and I'll gladly respond point-by-point.

I had no idea anyone cared this much about what I thought or typed.:dunno:

and yet you do feel the need to hide behind your computer screen and "flop" out ridiculous statements that are purposely meant to be antagonistic. what a coincidence:rolleyes:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I think you'll find that the OCers and the gay rights community have a great deal in common.

They're loud. They're proud. They have rights. Rights they want you to know about.

With OCers specifically, any criticism regarding a proper time and place will be met with furious and incoherent ranting.

Better off leaving this one alone. "You're either with 'em or 'gainst 'em!"

I guess!! They seem to be a little sensitive too

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't read much in this genre -- what books? I might give one or two a shot to try to understand what they're thinking.

The point I was getting at with the subsequent loss thereof is that this dates back nearly 20 years. My memory isn't that good, but I clearly recall that it was pablum, not good scholarly stuff (although I am aware of plenty of 'scholarly' types coming to the same wrongheaded conclusions). The argument always came back to things like buying good locks, not traveling alone at night, having outside lights--in short, they had some good ideas for passive defense, but for active defense, anything more than calling the police was sternly condemned as too dangerous. I fail to understand how taking an armed defender's chance is more dangerous than passively letting yourself be robbed/raped/murdered, but the libtards eat this stuff up.

Oh, of course the old standby would turn up--a gun is more likely to harm you or your family (of its own volition, of course) than to protect you from a criminal.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My friend, would you like to discuss this in person?

3oijn5.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Hey, look at that. The OP is back. Steelman has a friend now. Sure, you two have pretty much offended or pissed off the rest of us, but hey! It's no biggie. You make posts with condescending attitudes, and when we get a little flustered, you mock us?

I don't want the government to tell me how to live. I damn well don't want fellow gun owners to do it.

Forget OC mindset. What about OP mindset? Why come in here and insult your fellow patriots? What good is that?

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    You are you going to use the same veiled insults you use online, or will you man up and say what you really feel? :dunno:

I opened this one (previously-ignored) post because I knew you were talking poo when my ignore filter was on....and I was right.

There's precious little that INGO restricts me from telling you. But I doubt it's a secret to anyone. Mainly those closest to you.

Yeah, same deal. Pick a place in Avon and save me the typing.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    THIS ENDS NOW, THE NEXT THREATENING POSTER WILL BE OUT OF HERE AND PROBABLY FOR GOOD.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Hey, look at that. The OP is back. Steelman has a friend now. Sure, you two have pretty much offended or pissed off the rest of us, but hey! It's no biggie. You make posts with condescending attitudes, and when we get a little flustered, you mock us?

I don't want the government to tell me how to live. I damn well don't want fellow gun owners to do it.

Forget OC mindset. What about OP mindset? Why come in here and insult your fellow patriots? What good is that?

In many cases "patriot" is inappropriately used. You hate America and I think everyone knows.

Top Bottom