• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So they're scared of firearms that have been known to cause 12,000 deaths in the United States annually and this relates to Nasim the Computer Programmer turning out to be a nice guy once you get to know him?:n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Put down the thesaurus, sir. You've stretched your vocabulary beyond the specs.

..and statistically, less than 1% of those have been at the hands of Licensed Gun Owners.

So, yet again, you are incapable of seeing the comparison between one irrational fear and another, but yet you constantly insult the intelligence of other posters on this thread.. allrightythen :n00b:

(BTW, love how you just skirt the edge of the "Personal Insults" rule here on INGO, well played Sir, well played)

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It is not a legal or tactical matter, good sir. It is public perception and how we can deal with this to win over anti-gunners.

OK.. I do not OC or CC (as of yet), but it is because of the thought process of people like yourself is to why we are loosing the "public perception" of guns.. You think that if someone shows a gun (and not a LEO) they are up to no good.. That mind set has to change to win the anti's over...

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN

I guess you're waiting on some hard data that equates to Steelman is correct?

The only fact being discussed here is that OC is legal. Everything else is opinion. There are no studies, statistics or anything else that will back me up when I say that the OC politicos would not be my first choice for Team Jeopardy.

What do you people want? Do you want me to be your friend? Take trips to the petting zoo and split a footlong hotdog while OCing?

Help me out here - can't keep replying forever.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    ..and statistically, less than 1% of those have been at the hands of Licensed Gun Owners.

So, yet again, you are incapable of seeing the comparison between one irrational fear and another, but yet you constantly insult the intelligence of other posters on this thread.. allrightythen :n00b:

(BTW, love how you just skirt the edge of the "Personal Insults" rule here on INGO, well played Sir, well played)
    :yesway::yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It is not a legal or tactical matter, good sir. It is public perception and how we can deal with this to win over anti-gunners.

They EXPECT the police to show up, in uniform, with a handgun clearly visible.

When the average citizen has a handgun (clearly visible) they then have to do a threat assessment. Is he here to shoot his cheating ex-wife during the kid's birthday party? The uninformed mind will wander during a panic.

Please explain, logically and factually, how at any time in our history, hiding something changed public perception of it...

I'll wait here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Would you somehow feel better if I forked over $20 to Fenway? If he's hard up for cash, sure I'll contribute. Not sure how this factors into the thread.

You have loudly clamored for respect and assistance for someone who is wrong in the first place does nothing for the benefit of the person who you think should capitulate, and would call the police on someone who is doing absolutely nothing wrong.

You find it strange that the rest of us might wonder why you don't show a small modicum of respect and assistance for someone who has done nothing to infringe on your rights, has not called the police on you for doing nothing wrong, and provides a service that you use with no specific expectations in return other than following a very broad set of rules?

Your thinking (or lack thereof) defies my understanding.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

The only fact being discussed here is that OC is legal. Everything else is opinion. There are no studies, statistics or anything else that will back me up when I say that the OC politicos would not be my first choice for Team Jeopardy.

What do you people want? Do you want me to be your friend? Take trips to the petting zoo and split a footlong hotdog while OCing?

I will go to the zoo with you, but we absolutely are not sharing a hot dog:laugh:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

I don't want anything. :popcorn:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN

OMG. THEY DO NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEATHS BY LICENSED GUN OWNERS AND BY CRIMINALS. THEY ONLY KNOW THAT A GUN KILLED SOMEONE.

Not everyone, but your average 2A fence sitter.

Unless, you come up with some serious Mark Twain philosophical gold in your next post - I'm going to have to ignore you.

*finger resting confidently on the button*

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Perhaps not, but there IS "hard data" that proves that Licensed Gun Owners are OVERWHELMINGLY law abiding. For example:

• Less than 1% of ALL gun related homicides since 2007 were at the hands of Licensed Gun Owners.
    • For the year 2007, about 1/4 of 1% of ALL criminals convicted in the State of Texas were also CHL holders.
    In other words, there is verifiable proof that the fear of an OCer is statistically irrational, and unfounded.

Just as the fear of someone in Muslim garb (which happens on a daily basis) is statistically irrational, and unfounded. Regardless of your ability to understand the analogy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    OMG. THEY DO NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEATHS BY LICENSED GUN OWNERS AND BY CRIMINALS. THEY ONLY KNOW THAT A GUN KILLED SOMEONE.

Not everyone, but your average 2A fence sitter.

Unless, you come up with some serious Mark Twain philosophical gold in your next post - I'm going to have to ignore you.

*finger resting confidently on the button*

Is that a promise??? Is it??

Top Bottom