• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Please read and re-read - then read again. No one disputes the legality of OC. My issue is with those that must flaunt the fact that they are carrying a gun in environments where it's not commonly seen.

They must force this upon the public. There is no middle ground or courtesy provided. If they do not like OC - they can pack up their kids and leave.
    Yep! OC'ers aren't "forcing" anything on anyone. They are going on with their lives with their choice of protection on their side. If others choose to trust other methods of protection that do not involve firearms then that is their choice equally. It is no more "right" for them to force OC'ers to abide by THEIR beliefs by covering up or leaving the weapon in the car. Hence the term "SELF-defense." It is YOUR responsibility to protect YOURSELF. In light of this, it is and should ALWAYS be YOUR choice of how to do so WITHOUT anyone else's input or opinion making a difference.
    The young mother that called the police on an OCer has no idea if you're there to do her or her family harm. She may be unclear that a LTCH is issued by Indiana. And she likely doesn't want some putz with a "Pork Eating Crusader" t-shirt lecturing her on State law.
    Then that is her ignorance. At the least a person with the slightest common sense would take what the person says, go home and do their own research rather than expect everyone else to abide by their personal opinion.
    This same mother probably votes and will remember her encounter with Cletus at her child's birthday party. Why would she support him? Another anti-gun vote is cast.
    Indeed and that's why an APPROPRIATE firearms educational experience is needed which CANNOT happen by CC'ing and not giving the ignorant an opportunity to learn.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    burka-1.jpg

No one disputes the legality of wearing a [burka]. My issue is with those that must flaunt the fact that they are [wearing one] in environments where it's not commonly seen.

They must force this upon the public. There is no middle ground or courtesy provided. If they do not like [burkas] - they can pack up their kids and leave.

The young mother that called the police on the [person wearing a burka] has no idea if you're there to do her or her family harm. She may be unclear that a [burka is worn by peaceful Muslims, not just extremists]. And she likely doesn't want some putz [wearing a burka] lecturing her on State law.

This same mother probably votes and will remember her encounter with [Aisha] at her child's birthday party. Why would she support [her]? Another anti-gun vote is cast.

I'm sorry, but are you clear on what you just posted?

Burkhas are an article of clothing. Even in "untrained" hands they pose no threat to anyone.

You could be drunk, high and jumping rope while wearing a burkha and no one but yourself will be hurt. Owning a burkha is also not contingent on your status as a felon.

So the voting public has a much different view on firearms than clothing.

Do you think about things before you post them? Do you just want to be involved in a thread, but not sure what to post?

It's difficult to take you seriously.:n00b:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can someone explain to me how it became 'acceptable' to treat the exercise of one's Second Amendment rights as a dirty secret that we should keep hidden? Better yet, how did it become perceived as socially or legally enforceable that we should keep it hidden?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Burkhas are an article of clothing. Even in "untrained" hands they pose no threat to anyone.

You could be drunk, high and jumping rope while wearing a burkha and no one but yourself will be hurt. Owning a burkha is also not contingent on your status as a felon.

Do you think about things before you post them? Do you just want to be involved in a thread, but not sure what to post?

Do you have any idea what a suicide bomber can hide under a burka? Then consider the association between burkas and the people who are likely candidates for suicide bomber? It sounds like a ready-made panic to me!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Can someone explain to me how it became 'acceptable' to treat the exercise of one's Second Amendment rights as a dirty secret that we should keep hidden? Better yet, how did it become perceived as socially or legally enforceable that we should keep it hidden?
    I think it was a societal change through the generations where it's better to accept what'd dealt to you rather than question, investigate, or fight for what's right. The mindest in this country has become a lot of panzy, PC blowhard BS and it only weakens the people as a whole.

I shouldn't do something because others might not approve and I don't want to hurt their feelings.:rolleyes:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    So if somebody comes up and asks you to do something, that you have no legal obligation to do, and you do not want to do it, you should do so out of courtesy? Why?

Also, please address my previous posts instead of overlooking them. You make an argument, I refute your statements - the least you can do is explain to me how I am wrong, and you are right. I'd love to hear it ... oh ... and do it without picking apart what I've said - refute *everything* that I've said.

If I were in a petting zoo, with children running around, and a mother asked me if I could cover up my handgun - I would gladly comply. I see it as a courtesy to my fellow human being. I don't need to flop it out there and tell everyone to pound sand.

There are about 3.4 bajillion people responding to my threads. If I overlooked your "Masterpiece" - I'm truly sorry. PM the post number to me and I'll gladly respond point-by-point.

I had no idea anyone cared this much about what I thought or typed.:dunno:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Please read and re-read - then read again. No one disputes the legality of OC. My issue is with those that must flaunt the fact that they are carrying a gun in environments where it's not commonly seen.

They must force this upon the public. There is no middle ground or courtesy provided. If they do not like OC - they can pack up their kids and leave.

The young mother that called the police on an OCer has no idea if you're there to do her or her family harm. She may be unclear that a LTCH is issued by Indiana. And she likely doesn't want some putz with a "Pork Eating Crusader" t-shirt lecturing her on State law.

This same mother probably votes and will remember her encounter with Cletus at her child's birthday party. Why would she support him? Another anti-gun vote is cast.

So Steelman, how do you desensitize a population of sheep to OC if you are forever bound (by your resolution) to alter your legally granted behavior?

Seems to me you are your own worst obstacle to this whole discussion going away.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If I were in a petting zoo, with children running around, and a mother asked me if I could cover up my handgun - I would gladly comply. I see it as a courtesy to my fellow human being. I don't need to flop it out there and tell everyone to pound sand.
    Good for you, so you're nicer than me. I'd probably say something along the lines of, "No thank you."

There are about 3.4 bajillion people responding to my threads. If I overlooked your "Masterpiece" - I'm truly sorry. PM the post number to me and I'll gladly respond point-by-point.
    Nah... I'm fully capable of keeping track of all of the posts and replies in this thread and you should be able to as well. "I didn't see your post," isn't going to fly - you saw it - and chose not to respond because you cannot refute my points.

As a matter of fact, I'm browsing and taking part in about 15 threads across 8 different forums right now - and I can still manage to keep up with the posts in this thread.

I had no idea anyone cared this much about what I thought or typed.:dunno:
    When somebody is trying to push their beliefs on everybody else... "Everybody else" tends to take notice.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

Do you have any idea what a suicide bomber can hide under a burka? Then consider the association between burkas and the people who are likely candidates for suicide bomber? It sounds like a ready-made panic to me!

INDEED, Indydave. I thought it was a quite humorous, well crafted post that effectively pointed out the error in logic. Perhaps it should have been completely in purple.

As for what's in red, I would contest that a firearm that is in EVERYONE's field of view, safely holstered and NOT removed is also no more than an article of clothing no matter who's wearing it. It also poses no threat while safely tucked inside its holster.

The voting public's opinion on firearms will never be changed by simply lying down and not educating them properly on firearms. If they don't see them they can ignore them and assume what they do know to be the truth, which it RARELY is AT ALL.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You are apparently so stuck in your mindset that you are unable to escape your paradigm and see the analogy I was trying to make.

Fear of OCers, and fear of all Muslims, are IRRATIONAL fears, with no statistical basis in truth. The overwhelming majority of Gun Owners including OCers, are law abiding, as are most Muslims.

When is the last time you read a story about an OCer walking around showing off their weapon, THEN committing a crime? :dunno:
    ----------------

Asked:

Answered:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I think it was a societal change through the generations where it's better to accept what'd dealt to you rather than question, investigate, or fight for what's right. The mindest in this country has become a lot of panzy, PC blowhard BS and it only weakens the people as a whole.

I shouldn't do something because others might not approve and I don't want to hurt their feelings.:rolleyes:

So in your Wal-Mart and gas station "classrooms" how many students have graduated from the "kidd03 School of Law".

Are you just roaming around looking for people to hear your story? I'd like to hear the success stories from your educational OC crusades.

Or are you just replying that it is legal?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah the frequency of suicide bombers in Indiana must have slipped my mind.:n00b:

Ditto for the frequency of legal OCers randomly misusing their weapons.

Incidentally, I do like your avatar. Al Bundy appears to be a remarkably good fit!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

So now you are saying that all LEO's are forcing this upon the public? LEO's do OC don't they? are most do anyways. LEO's even OC in schools and many other places where kids are present..

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    You are apparently so stuck in your mindset that you are unable to escape your paradigm and see the analogy I was trying to make.

Fear of OCers, and fear of all Muslims, are IRRATIONAL fears, with no statistical basis in truth. The overwhelming majority of Gun Owners including OCers, are law abiding, as are most Muslims.

Blah Blah Blah

So they're scared of firearms that have been known to cause 12,000 deaths in the United States annually and this relates to Nasim the Computer Programmer turning out to be a nice guy once you get to know him?:n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Put down the thesaurus, sir. You've stretched your vocabulary beyond the specs.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So in your Wal-Mart and gas station "classrooms" how many students have graduated from the "kidd03 School of Law".
    What the heck are you even trying to say at this point? You're just leveling derogatory statements at people now rather than discussing the valid points that are being brought up?

Are you just roaming around looking for people to hear your story? I'd like to hear the success stories from your educational OC crusades.
    I don't think so ... You posted, and they responded. Now had they started their own thread on the topic, then perhaps your assertions would be at least reasonable.

Why don't you drop the drivel and start working on refuting the dozens of valid points that have been raised, that you seem not to be able to keep up with?

Seriously... Stop posting for 30 to 60 minutes and read all of the posts in this thread... Once you've done that, sit down, and start working on refuting all of the points brought up in this thread that disagree with your views - and try to do it in a quantifiable way.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He could've untucked his shirt as a courtesy. End of story.

The taxpayers foot the bill. I have no idea how any Republican/Conservative/Libertarian can get behind this.

Of course he does not come out and say "I'm a hero". Read his posts, they are full of melodrama and perceived sacrifice for the greater good of the 2A community. He is doing this for "us".

The Hero of [STRIKE]Canton[/STRIKE] Evansville! [STRIKE]Jayne Cobb[/STRIKE] Titanium Frost!

Yep, he could have, but more importantly the cops harassing him could have taken it upon themselves to know the gun laws which they are charged with enforcing and educated the women and children that were running for their lives that he was a law abiding Citizen.

Instead they decided to violate the law and throw him out of the zoo because they have the Power

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    So Steelman, how do you desensitize a population of sheep to OC if you are forever bound (by your resolution) to alter your legally granted behavior?

Media.
    Almost every accepted social change has made the most headway by positive portrayals in movies and television.
    Show the people performing the unaccepted behavior but in situation where it is acceptable.
    Confrontational situations against the norm are not generally effective.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Media.
    Almost every accepted social change has made the most headway by positive portrayals in movies and television.
    Show the people performing the unaccepted behavior but in situation where it is acceptable.
    Confrontational situations against the norm are not generally effective.
    Good luck getting the liberal media to de-sensitize the general population to legal citizens legally carrying their firearms.

Top Bottom