• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Cairo speech; undermining of U.S. allies; continued posture of blaming the victim for the crimes of radicals; refusal to acknowledge threats; refusal to acknowledge actual terroristic attacks, even on U.S. soil (Fort Hood became a "workplace violence incident") . . . inter alia.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The Cairo speech; undermining of U.S. allies; continued posture of blaming the victim for the crimes of radicals; refusal to acknowledge threats; refusal to acknowledge actual terroristic attacks, even on U.S. soil (Fort Hood became a "workplace violence incident") . . . inter alia.

Ok, were still stuck on words. Right now, many in the world see us as a bunch of blowhards because we say a lot of words in these instances and we do nothing. Reagan strongly condemned the Lebanese for their attack that killed 241 Americans. What actions did he take to get justice or to send a message about future events? What actions have our last 5 presidents used to prevent these attacks like the Russians have?

ETA: What have the Russians done to gain a higher level of respect to prevent these types of attacks? Do they stand up and give saber rattling speeches? Do they swiftly kill the perpetrators of any such attacks? Or do they glassify a billion people who share the same religion?

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ok, were still stuck on words. Right now, many in the world see us as a bunch of blowhards because we say a lot of words in these instances and we do nothing. Reagan strongly condemned the Lebanese for their attack that killed 241 Americans. What actions did he take to get justice or to send a message about future events? What actions have our last 5 presidents used to prevent these attacks like the Russians have?

ETA: What have the Russians done to gain a higher level of respect to prevent these types of attacks? Do they stand up and give saber rattling speeches? Do they swiftly kill the perpetrators of any such attacks? Or do they glassify a billion people who share the same religion?
    You can bet your butt that there were a lot more repercussions in the Beirut attacks than made the news

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You can bet your butt that there were a lot more repercussions in the Beirut attacks than made the news

Did we turn the region into glass like many here want? It was already decided by the majority here that Obama was going to do nothing but apologize but now we're reading that we have ships headed that direction? Which is it?

I don't get the facination with speeches. I can get up to a podium and throw down fire and brimstone about what I'm going to do but if it ends at the speech, what's the point?

ETA: were the reprecussions that weren't in the news sucessful in preventing future attacks?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Did we turn the region into glass like many here want? It was already decided by the majority here that Obama was going to do nothing but apologize but now we're reading that we have ships headed that direction? Which is it?

I don't get the facination with speeches. I can get up to a podium and throw down fire and brimstone about what I'm going to do but if it ends at the speech, what's the point?
    I'm NOT quite ready to turn it into a glowing parking lot. (just yet anyway).
    Speeches are way over rated. Words are cheap.
    My thinking is just order another thousand armed Predators for those not so friendly to the U.S. and our way of life.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

So what's your idea of proper action to take. I've seen you ask tough questions of those who want some sort of retaliatory action taken, and yet this post implies that words won't do the job. So what do YOU think ought to be done?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So what's your idea of proper action to take. I've seen you ask tough questions of those who want some sort of retaliatory action taken, and yet this post implies that words won't do the job. So what do YOU think ought to be done?

Bring those responsible to justice. That requires more investigative effort than killing every person who owns a Koran, I know.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

ETA: were the reprecussions that weren't in the news sucessful in preventing future attacks?

You're right.

It's one thing to give fire and brimstone speeches, apologetic speeches, concilitory gestures, etc. It's another thing to do something about it. To solve any problem, you must first recoginize it and accept that you must address it. We are at war with radical islam. They hate us for any number of reasons, but the main one is that we are not radical islamists. We must accept that no amount of political correctness, placation, mollifying is going to change their minds. Therefore, we must teach them that to punch us in the face, means they're going to get punched back--only harder.

Then we should stop supporting the deposing of one dictator in favor of the next despotic regime, even when they wrap themselves in the disguise of democracy.

I'm not saying turn them into a glass parking lot, but we have the technology, the talent, and the manpower to make them sorry--I'm just not sure we have the will-power.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have noticed, whenever hornadylnl joins a thread, it ends up going WAAAAAAAAAAY off the reservation, and becomes a personal thread between 2 - 3 people talking to each other :)

Its like watching a online chat.

I call it the "LNLEffect."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have noticed, whenever hornadylnl joins a thread, it ends up going WAAAAAAAAAAY off the reservation, and becomes a personal thread between 2 - 3 people talking to each other :)

Its like watching a online chat.

I call it the "LNLEffect."

Heavan forbid anyone disturb the echo chamber.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, I retract my desire to carpet bomb Benghazi. Let the SEALs and Delta go in, locate the perps, and kill all of them.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that's the way it should always be handled in such instances as an attack on a diplomatic mission?

I'm pointing out that people are far too soon forgetful. There have been scores of attacks on US embassies/consulates, in many different nations, that have gone with escalation.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If the success rate of such teams are what I want to believe they are, sure.

Not all situations would allow for it, but I'm all for maximizing their talents. Return on investment.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Just out of curiosity, do you think that's the way it should always be handled in such instances as an attack on a diplomatic mission?

Just off the top of my head, I think that's what it takes to make a measured statement that further attacks on our embassies will be punished in a way most guaranteed to bring shame to the perpetrators' families. Sending in sufficient Marines is too blunt an instrument to get the job done. Does that answer your question?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the success rate of such teams are what I want to believe they are, sure.

Not all situations would allow for it, but I'm all for maximizing their talents. Return on investment.

That would all depend on the host nation; many of which I would think would say no.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just off the top of my head, I think that's what it takes to make a measured statement that further attacks on our embassies will be punished in a way most guaranteed to bring shame to the perpetrators' families. Sending in sufficient Marines is too blunt an instrument to get the job done. Does that answer your question?

It does, but such ops are very hard to pull off without creating a poopstorm. And the odds of finding the "right" people to kill, slim.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Okay, I retract my desire to carpet bomb Benghazi. Let the SEALs and Delta go in, locate the perps, and kill all of them.

Or if the Libyan government has the will and resources, let them do it, and see if the outcome is different from Lockerbie.

One thing radicals and militants have succeeded in doing is impeding any useful dialogue, whether in Teheran, Baghdad or Kabul. As much as it's tempting to hope that there could be a satisfactory conclusion, recent experience would seem to suggest this won't turn out well for moderate Libyans.

Top Bottom