• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If I understand correctly, the radio news report I just heard (listening to Boortz on 1430) stated that it is now believed the attack was planned.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    To those calling me a liar: half of the final phrase was with downcast eyes though I agre that particular line was with eyes up. He was getting quieter as he trailed off his final line and turned immediately upon finishing his speech. You can split hairs all you want. He used that as a throwaway line delivered as a man wanting to escape the podium.

I posted it as I finished watching it live. Those were my initial reactions upon watching it. The impression it left was what I posted. Disgraceful finish to a speech that should have reassured our citizens of the strength of America and our resolve to fight our enemies. Obama dumped the line with all the emotion of reading a piece of paper and bolted.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I understand correctly, the radio news report I just heard (listening to Boortz on 1430) stated that it is now believed the attack was planned.

Seems reasonable enough to expect such to be the case. One may recall that during the ostensibly spontaneous incident at the US embassy in Tehran, the compound was breached so quickly because the front gate, which had been chained and locked, was quickly opened. It seems that in addition to her personal unmentionables, a certain woman participating in the mob had a full sized bolt cutter under her burqa. So much for spontaneity. I somehow doubt that this was the handiwork of the bored and excitable, especially given the extent to which the participants ran with it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    To those calling me a liar: half of the final phrase was with downcast eyes though I agre that particular line was with eyes up. He was getting quieter as he trailed off his final line and turned immediately upon finishing his speech. You can split hairs all you want. He used that as a throwaway line delivered as a man wanting to escape the podium.

I posted it as I finished watching it live. Those were my initial reactions upon watching it. The impression it left was what I posted. Disgraceful finish to a speech that should have reassured our citizens of the strength of America and our resolve to fight our enemies. Obama dumped the line with all the emotion of reading a piece of paper and bolted.

And yet, none of that is true, as we can easily see in the video of the press conference. Reality is not subjective.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And yet, none of that is true, as we can easily see in the video of the press conference. Reality is not subjective.

So you're saying you felt Obama was passionate and inspired us with how he ended it?

I deleted my post rather than be accused of lying. The impression. I had was what was posted. Speech was awful.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So you're saying you felt Obama was passionate and inspired us with how he ended it?

I deleted my post rather than be accused of lying. The impression. I had was what was posted. Speech was awful.

I'm sure the lens you viewed it from weren't colored at all.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Par for the course. Not all consulates are big enough to rate an MSG detachment. Few do. Sad that this one didn't, tho.

Not sad - stupid. Maybe not criminally so...

Given the tensions over there and the fact that it was Sept 11, it was a stupid error of omission.

Now that I've had some more to think this over, I think that the Egypt government is more culpable for that one - in Libya that was more the fault of our people for crappy planning and cranial rectumitis.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Too bad the death of American citizens and the attacks on sovereign American property doesn't evoke the same passion, the same level of outrage, the Cambridge police arresting his friend, Henry Gates did.

Top Bottom