• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before the threats become meaningless.
    We have been drawing lines in the Sand in the Middle East and Africa since the '70's. About time to smack someone around with the Gloves off to show that we do not make Threats...
    Did you condemn Reagan for not turning Lebanon into glass after hey killed 241 Americans?
    Actually, yes I did write a letter to POTUS Reagan for his inaction in the Beirut Event and that was a Grade School Student...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We have been drawing lines in the Sand in the Middle East and Africa since the '70's. About time to smack someone around with the Gloves off to show that we do not make Threats...

Actually, yes I did write a letter to POTUS Reagan for his inaction in the Beirut Event and that was a Grade School Student...

I'm not saying war should be off the table. But to immediately blame the Egyptian or Libyan governments and declaring war is naive. There are plenty of third parties who would love nothing more than to foment war between us and others. For all we know, the Iranians are behind this to create a distraction for us and to take the heat off of them. It's not like we'd ever try to incite a war between 2 other nations.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    An attack on troops stationed in a combat zone, however reprehensible, is not the equivalent of an attack on a diplomatic mission.

In our view. I don't think our enemies pay any more respect to our embassies than they do our military bases.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    In our view. I don't think our enemies pay any more respect to our embassies than they do our military bases.

The Muslim Brotherhood has no more love for the Russians than they do for us, and the Russians are actively fighting them in Chechnya. Have you seen or heard about mobs attacking the Russian embassy anywhere?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm not saying war should be off the table. But to immediately blame the Egyptian or Libyan governments and declaring war is naive. There are plenty of third parties who would love nothing more than to foment war between us and others. For all we know, the Iranians are behind this to create a distraction for us and to take the heat off of them. It's not like we'd ever try to incite a war between 2 other nations.

I would be willing to wager a sole winner Billion Dollar Powerball Jackpot that Iran is not behind something like this not in Libya or in Egypt. Now, if you would have used Saudi Arabia, or Yemen I might have agreed with you. Once you get east of Jordan, Iran has very little wiggle room. Just because they are all Muslims there, never forget the Arab Countries and the Persian Countries. Because they damn sure don't...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would be willing to wager a sole winner Billion Dollar Powerball Jackpot that Iran is not behind something like this not in Libya or in Egypt. Now, if you would have used Saudi Arabia, or Yemen I might have agreed with you. Once you get east of Jordan, Iran has very little wiggle room. Just because they are all Muslims there, never forget the Arab Countries and the Persian Countries. Because they damn sure don't...

It could be anybody. If the leader of Libya or Egypt ordered the attack, by all means, drop bunker busters on their compounds.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The Muslim Brotherhood has no more love for the Russians than they do for us, and the Russians are actively fighting them in Chechnya. Have you seen or heard about mobs attacking the Russian embassy anywhere?

So what are they doing differently than our current or past 5 presidents have done?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It could be anybody. If the leader of Libya or Egypt ordered the attack, by all means, drop bunker busters on their compounds.
    Yes, it could be almost anyone. But, the Smart Money is on the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Wahhabi...

Which happen to be influencing the ruling groups in both Libya and Egypt...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They hunted down and wiped out the groups that attacked them. Killed them and their families and everyone else associated with them. Didn't stop the war, but no one has attacked their embassies.

So our last 5 presidents have been equally ****ty in that regard?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

I use to think our problems with radical Islam started in the 70's to till I read a book about the Barbary War. Our problems in the region go back to the founding of the United States.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I use to think our problems with radical Islam started in the 70's to till I read a book about the Barbary War. Our problems in the region go back to the founding of the United States.
    The only reason Our problems start with the Founding of the United States is because we were not a Country prior to that...

That region of the World, and Radicals there have been a problem for Centuries...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The only reason Our problems start with the Founding of the United States is because we were not a Country prior to that...

That region of the World, and Radicals there have been a problem for Centuries...

Europe turned back the Turkish invasion and re-conquered Spain before America was even discovered. That's pretty deep history.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    It's 1979 all over again, and we have a Carter wanna-be in the White House. This should add a little fuel to the current election fire.

Unfortunately, Romney's only similarity to Reagan is that his last name begins with R.

Romney seem to give a more presidential speech then obama. I just can't believe that Obama did not raise the security level on all the embasies and bases on 9/11...there was only 1 American guarding the embassy.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is this rhetorical? I have a hard time believing you aren't aware of how the Russians operate.

Red Crayon

For those who believe this is all Obama's fault, what had he done differently to deal with this problem than our last 5 presidents?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom