• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay, I have reconsidered and you're right. Let's invade. Who's responsible? Doesn't matter but at least we'll look tough.

Doves on the gun forum. I might have to reconsider my choice of weapons when I dove hunt.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your comment means. I am not antiwar if the situation calls for it but I expect the leader of the free world to be rational and capable of logical and nuanced responses to crises and to not act like a hot-tempered cowboy. You know - speak softly but carry a big stick.[/QUOTE]

I'm certain your Dear Leader will make you proud. If he doesn't I am equally sure that you will spin it until he does.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    The last line: "God bless the United States of America" delivered with downcast eyes, sinking voice, and turning from the podium. Disgraceful.

Bush would at least sound tough and look us in the eyes.

i just watched the video and i dont see what you're talking about

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The last line: "God bless the United States of America" delivered with downcast eyes, sinking voice, and turning from the podium. Disgraceful.

Bush would at least sound tough and look us in the eyes.

I have not seen the video, but if the OP is blatently lieing, which it seems might be the case, shame on the OP.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Agreed.

I wonder how the first woman president is going to do, and the first Hispanic president etc.

There can only be one "First" and the blacks kinda got screwed with this guy.

I'd really rather not take chances on a woman. Most of them tend not to be hard-hearted enough to lead effectively. And of those that do, at least in the corporate world, they tend to lead with a chip on their shoulder.

But you're right. History will not look fondly on the first black (skinned ;)) president. And it will be a long time before another one is elected I'm betting.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It took him a day to make this announcement, and how many days to visit Hurricane Isaac damage?

Too busy campaigning? :n00b:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    It's 1979 all over again, and we have a Carter wanna-be in the White House. This should add a little fuel to the current election fire.

Unfortunately, Romney's only similarity to Reagan is that his last name begins with R.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It's 1979 all over again, and we have a Carter wanna-be in the White House. This should add a little fuel to the current election fire.

Unfortunately, Romney's only similarity to reagan is that his last name begins with R.

It's a start.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hoosierdoc, is this the speech to which you refer?

If so, you lied. Shame.

With this thread and Romney's boner last night, why are conservatives looking to score political points from this tragedy?

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    no his best but not his worst. i felt he could have been more stern in condeming the attacks. the thing that stuck out the most to me was how he switched gears at about 3:30 in the white house video. it seems clear to me he took the opportunity to campaign a bit by talking about how he visited Arlington and Walter Reed. how exactly does that matter at this time? shameful, IMHO, but expected.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hoosierdoc, is this the speech to which you refer?

If so, you lied. Shame.

With this thread and Romney's boner last night, why are conservatives looking to score political points from this tragedy?

Why did the libs (and by libs I mean local INGO libertarians) look to score political points from 9/11?

:dunno: My kettle wants to meet your pot.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Why did the libs (and by libs I mean local INGO libertarians) look to score political points from 9/11?

:dunno: My kettle wants to meet your pot.

My apologies, but I do not understand your post.

I can offer my take on this situation if you like. As I already noted, the OP lied. Romney had a simple task before him last night but fumbled by going political. This was amplified by the fact that we didn't even have all the information concerning the event at hand. The next morning, the campaign could have played it cool, but chose to double down. It was tacky.

Top Bottom