Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am surprised Earl sat for that. I am sure they were nice while he was there and added the garbage later.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    20231212_170920.jpg
    I've got this seasoned up and resting on a wire rack in the fridge to hopefully make a nice crust. I'll stat on the low side of grill until 115 then throw em on the hot side for a minute each til 128.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @melensdad how ya feeling today? Hopefully the new drugs have things manageable
    New drugs definitely dull, but don't eliminate, the pain. Honestly I should be able to sleep thru the night with these.

But they also dull my mind, so I am reduced to a shell that is probably only twice as smart/clever as Jedi after taking these drugs. Hopefully I'll only be on them for 3 or 4 days so I can return to my normal level of wit and humor.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    New drugs definitely dull, but don't eliminate, the pain. Honestly I should be able to sleep thru the night with these.

But they also dull my mind, so I am reduced to a shell that is probably only twice as smart/clever as Jedi after taking these drugs. Hopefully I'll only be on them for 3 or 4 days so I can return to my normal level of wit and humor.
    Hey grandpa can I have that snowcat you been telling me about for years. It's Johnny your fave grandson

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I've got some Indiana Dept of Revenue stories. Like when all our personal and business accounts were frozen because someone with the same name as my wife did something bad. Of course the middle names were not the same, nor the SS#, but some .gov worker couldn't be bothered with those details.

Or the time we got a $27k bill for a missed tax withholding payment of $700 .... from 7 years earlier. They sent notices to the wrong address for 7 years! then finally tracked us down, where we'd been doing business for 20 years. The lady who looked it up on the computer said "yep, I see where all these notices were returned to us. Strange"

And to think these people still get paid, no matter how they do their job.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For real. People in pain have my sympathy. I almost never have any pain at all ever so when I'm in a little pain I'm crying like a b.

At least you admit it.

I had a friend used to make fun of my back problems.
    Thought I was 'making things up'.

Then he hurt his back.
    Then he was apologizing.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Yep, pain is no joke.

Like with your migraines... I could not live like that. I maybe had 30 in my life. They legit have put dark thoughts in my mind. I feel terrible for those people

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I survived another night. New pain pills are much better than the old ones.

Took a pill at 9pm, fell asleep about 10pm. Another pill at 2:15am. Then slept until 7am and took another pill about 7:30am.

Yesterday early evening, while moving the pillows around to keep my foot elevated, I hit my toes with a pillow. It felt like I had kicked a wall. Literally seeing stars, and I needed to take a pain pill a couple hours earlier than planned. It still feels like I had a toe impact this morning but the pain is dull.

My Australian Shepherd jumped up on the bed and was walking around looking for a place to curl up near my foot. He tends to collapse down onto the bed so there was a lot of panic while he was attempting to find a spot but thankfully he never came in contact with my leg or foot. At least the dog is comfortable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom