Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And then the problem with paperwork that showed 485, and other times was 0485

Paperwork THEY did. And we never seen.

Same address.
    Same officers.
    Same phone numbers
    Same social security numbers.

Took years to figure that one out.

Again, listed as OUR mistake.

That was Indiana State.

I do so love dealing with the Government.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Had fun with Schererville also.

Showed them the law they were breaking by trying to tax gaming.
    Gaming in Indiana is like the firearms preemption.
    Only Indiana can do stuff with that.

After they threatened to get tough, I dropped off the printout of the law, which I had already quoted over the phone to them and told them how they could look it up to make sure I wasn't lying, and I told them I was done.
    That they could feel free to come after us, because of the penalty they would have to pay us.

Once again, gotta love that government paperwork.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The agency that scares the crap out of me is the IRS.

They can literally make a mistake, destroy your life, and nobody involved in the mistake even has to apologize, let alone make amends.

My taxes are always professionally prepared, even since I retired years ago, because I want to make sure no mistakes are made. My taxes are not complicated, I just want to have both a belt & suspenders on in the event something is ever questioned.

I've posted about the Fed IRS.

I also had to deal with the Indiana Dept. of Revenue.
    I have an entire list of agencies I've had the pleasure... wait... the "pleasure"... of dealing with.

So, when an article is written, where the information comes from an anti-gun police department dealing with a gun store. And the police aren't doing THEIR job.
    I'm gonna pass on believing the 'paperwork errors'.

Has the FBI and ATF put the owner in jail?
    No.

Why not?
    Chicago and Gary have been going after him for decades.
    And is he such a crime boss that they couldn't nail him?

Right.
    Sure
    Uh huh.

Guy must be a certified genius.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Surgeon called me. Asked a series of questions, gave me some additional instructions, and he is changing my pain meds.

Due to my arthritis pains, and other meds I take, apparently my body has built up a resistance to pain meds, so I'm not just a little whiny crybaby. I'm a little whiny crybaby who actually has legitimate pain . . . hopefully which will be reduced when my wife returns from picking up the new script from Wags.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Surgeon called me. Asked a series of questions, gave me some additional instructions, and he is changing my pain meds.

Due to my arthritis pains, and other meds I take, apparently my body has built up a resistance to pain meds, so I'm not just a little whiny crybaby. I'm a little whiny crybaby who actually has legitimate pain . . . hopefully which will be reduced when my wife returns from picking up the new script from Wags.
    Good luck

Midwestjimbo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    Got a lot of strawpurchasers going to a store, a store that's doing the background check...
    Then start going after the STRAWPURCHASERS!!!
    Didn’t they get the daughter of the Lake County prosecutor on straw purchase? IIRC she was on probation foe DUI at the time and never was charged with a firearm charge. Just probation violation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is how I do steaks- take it for what it's worth...but I've converted people who said they "didn't like steak". Turns out, they didn't like steak done wrong.

First- get a good steak. N.Y. Strip, K.C. Strip, T-Bone, Porterhouse....but Filet is always better.

Start it when it is pretty close to room temperature. Salt and pepper only or at most maybe some garlic, but it really shouldn't need anything more.

I use a pellet grill, but charcoal or even an offset would work. I cook the steak to 105 degrees (for me) and 130 for the rest of the family, pull it off, fire the grill up as hot as it will go (on my pellet grill, 600-650. Then 1 per side and the sides on a thick Filet, I may do a second minute, but no more than that and only 1 minute a side at a time.

This is the reverse sear.

I short rest, a few minutes, then I eat it without a steak sauce, but perhaps a bleu cheese sauce or some sauteed mushrooms.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The agency that scares the crap out of me is the IRS.

They can literally make a mistake, destroy your life, and nobody involved in the mistake even has to apologize, let alone make amends.

My taxes are always professionally prepared, even since I retired years ago, because I want to make sure no mistakes are made. My taxes are not complicated, I just want to have both a belt & suspenders on in the event something is ever questioned.
    I hope by professionally pre pared you do not mean H&R Block or any of the other 1/2 year company.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom