• ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Guys,
    My son is a freshman at Indiana Wesleyan. They have a skeet team and he is using my 870. He is doing well with it but he may do better with an over under.

Can anyone recommend a budget over under for him?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My brother, brother in law, and I all use an ATI Cavalry O/U. We have all had them for over 8 years and have shot a lot of rounds of sporting clays with them. None of them have given us any issues. I recommend getting the extractor model vs the ejector, Its nice not having to bend over to pick up spent shells all the time. We all got ours on Black Friday deals at Rural King for around $500.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My brother, brother in law, and I all use an ATI Cavalry O/U. We have all had them for over 8 years and have shot a lot of rounds of sporting clays with them. None of them have given us any issues. I recommend getting the extractor model vs the ejector, Its nice not having to bend over to pick up spent shells all the time. We all got ours on Black Friday deals at Rural King for around $500.
    THIS!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

If the kid is seriously competing he will break that gun within the first year IMHO. I put down at least 10k rounds of 12ga in the last 12 months alone and I still suck. This is the time where I get to say “Buy a B gun” (Beretta, Blaser, Browning). Take your son to the Indiana gun club and have him try on a bunch of different guns and get the one that fits him the best that’s within your budget. But for something that will actually hold up to competitive shotgun shooting you are looking at at least $1.5K IMHO

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    We started all our kids on single-shot, break-action, H&R Handi-Rifles / Shotguns in .410 and 20GA.
    I ended up getting a Stevens 555 'Youth' model O/U in 20GA for the wife, and it quickly because a kid favorite!
    The Stevens operates smoothly, it runs great, it's easy to handle, and we couldn't be happier with something everyone can use!
    And, apparently, Savage acquired Stevens https://savagearms.com/firearms/sku/22165

Last edited:
    Top Bottom