• Status
    Not open for further replies.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Also, does anyone know of a dealer in the area that is a Glock dealer that participates in the Homeland Security Program a.k.a. the police discount?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I like Westforth. Friendly staff and an ok selection. The prices are not bad, maybe a little high but they will negotiate a little. I like it alot better then the big box stores. If they don't have what your looking for they'll gladly order it for you and the price they quote you is usually better then anywhere else. At least that's been my experience.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I like Westforth. Friendly staff and an ok selection. The prices are not bad, maybe a little high but they will negotiate a little. I like it alot better then the big box stores. If they don't have what your looking for they'll gladly order it for you and the price they quote you is usually better then anywhere else. At least that's been my experience.

Thanks. It must be rough running a gun shop in Gary.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    So I went to Blythe's in Highland the other day to look at AR accessories. I don't know what I even bother with that place. Besides the prices, their selection is total crap, and the staff are below helpful and knowledgeable. I heard some of the worst gun shop BS being spewed in there to customers that it made me want to turn and run. I didn't, I figured I take a peek at what they had, but that was a lost cause.

Anyways, just ranting a bit, and stating that unless I hear of an unbelievable deal going on there, that I wont be going back anytime soon.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI.. EC will have a Gun Buy Back on 29 Apri 11. More info here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ck_coming_to_east_chicago_in.html#post1767582

Anyways, just ranting a bit, and stating that unless I hear of an unbelievable deal going on there, that I wont be going back anytime soon.

Good! Cause we don't want YOUR KIND in griffith anyways. :D:laugh:
    (Referrence to Bill B's infamous St. John Stop!)

They are (i think) the only local shop that sells the commy ammo (7.62x39 and 7.62x52) at a price that is tolerable provided you don't by it in bulk online for less.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    cabelas is haveing a sale on herters for 4.49 a box. not bad at all and it shoots pretty good in my ak. I was a fan of blythes but that was when i was first here from ill. Every so often i find a good deal in the used section. just this last week in valpo i got 2 bullet mags for my ak at 5 bucks each. damn good deal that was. Ive found a few others dropping in there while im at work cruzin by. theres also a new gun shop in crown point on north ave. not really anything in stock since its small but they can order stuff.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good thing I don't have any of those damn commie, junk rifles, then!

Yup your not from da region then! No hi-point and no AK. :faint:
    I think we need to vote you off the island. :D

Besides when the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    HTF & the IL zombies come rushing in your AR is gonna jam with a little bit of rain while those AKs will still keep ticking. :laugh:

cabelas is haveing a sale on herters for 4.49 a box. not bad at all and it shoots pretty good in my ak.

4.49 x 1.07 (taxes) = $4.80 / 20 (in a box) = .24 per round
    I think it's 20 rounds in a box.

This is the cheapest 7.62x39 that I found online after taxes (if any) and shipping.
    Yugoslavian 7.62x39 on SKS Chargers 40rd box

Comes to .185 cents per round with shipping to NWI (ECC, Hammond, Griffith zip codes). It's 1120 rounds in a nice wooden crated. It's corrovise BTW.

Did find some non-corrosive for around .20 cents as well. Can't find my notes on where it was from rigth now. :faint:

theres also a new gun shop in crown point on north ave. not really anything in stock since its small but they can order stuff.

Name? Address? Website? :dunno:

No cookies 4 u since u no provide all the info. :laugh:
    barack-obama-cookies.jpg

Guess I might have to gives these to aclark. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NWI if you guys can take a moment to email the chair and vice chair of the Committee on Public Policy. They have 5 gun bills that started in the senate that are now in the house that are 100% PRO-2A!

We need to make sure they get out of that committee and a full house vote so that the governor can sign them. SB 506 is in there right now!!!!

See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...41724-2011_legislative_session---finally.html

My sample letter was this:
    ----
    Dear Rep. xxxxxxxx,

I am glad to see that the Indiana House can finally go back to work now that a quorum has been met. I write in regards to five bills that have been assigned to your Committee on Public Policy which are SB 94, SB 154, SB 292, SB 434 and SB506 all of which are related to firearm usage.

Sadly I have no representative on your committee but would very much like to encourage you to use your positing to ensure the bills are heard, voted and passed on to the full House.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration of my request. I wish you have a successful session now that a quorum has been achieved.

Sincerely,
    ----
    If you just email the chair and vice chair that would be great! Once we can get them out of committee we can then push our own reps. Just takes a few mins of your time to send an email. PLEASE... PLEASE!!!

Here are all the reps info:
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]House Committee on Public Policy:
    Representative Bill Davis (R-33), Chairman
    h33@in.gov

Representative Wes Culver (R-49), Vice Chairman
    h49@in.gov

Representative Sean Eberhart (R-57)
    h57@in.gov

Representative Tom Knollman (R-55)
    h55@in.gov

Representative Matthew Lehman (R-79)
    h79@in.gov

Representative Jack Lutz (R-35)
    h35@in.gov

Representative Mark Messmer (R-63)
    h63@in.gov

Representative Timothy Wesco (R-21)
    h21@in.gov

Representative Phil GiaQuinta (D-80)
    h80@in.gov

Representative Terri Jo Austin (D-36)
    h36@in.gov

Representative Linda Lawson (D-1)
    h1@in.gov

Representative Scott Pelath (D-9)
    h9@in.gov

Representative Vanessa Summers (D-99)
    h99@in.gov
    [/FONT]

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    theres also a new gun shop in crown point on north ave. not really anything in stock since its small but they can order stuff.

I saw a van advertising that "Freedom Arms" off of East North Street (109th) near Broadway but, didn't know if the shop was actually in that plaza or not. Looks like it is and it's 3 blocks from my house :rockwoot:

Did you happen to ask them if they did transfers?

Freedom Arms Sport Shop

1512 East North Street
    Crown Point, IN
    (219) 663-8708

Google Maps

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I saw a van advertising that "Freedom Arms" off of East North Street (109th) near Broadway but, didn't know if the shop was actually in that plaza or not. Looks like it is and it's 3 blocks from my house :rockwoot:

Did you happen to ask them if they did transfers?

Freedom Arms Sport Shop

1512 East North Street
    Crown Point, IN
    (219) 663-8708

Google Maps

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see about transfers. I'd rather give my money to small shop instead of Cabela's.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Hey Magic? Are you gonna make it to the shoot on 4/30? I haven't said for sure yet but plan on going, just have to find someone to watch the kids. Should be easier than getting off work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom