• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Good time at the 1101 last night. Nice to put more faces to names, and fun to see the somewhat confused looks when people realize I don't smoke. I'm very pleased to say I do not have a lingering cigar smoke smell in my hair. And the guitarest was good, who was he?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Good time at the 1101 last night. Nice to put more faces to names, and fun to see the somewhat confused looks when people realize I don't smoke. I'm very pleased to say I do not have a lingering cigar smoke smell in my hair. And the guitarest was good, who was he?

That is Greg Ashby. He is a middle school teacher at Grimmer(?) Middle school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNpjuDcRy1A

We love when Greg comes in, he is typically scheduled the 1st Thursday of each month. I know he is coming in on Thursday May 17 for the HC Cigar and Xikar event. He may also be coming in on Saturday May 19th for the Veterans Day event.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Prolly Farm and fleet, theyre in illannoy, at least the only one close is. They will gladly sell u ammo if you have a FOID card. They're usually not cheap either, but maybe

That was it... I have an LTCH ? :P

My buddy lives down in Demotte and he may have a farm and fleet over there.

Maybe I should get into reloading though...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    How can tequila be worth $500?

Because its the best tequila ever made.....
    Gran Patrón Burdeos
    This handmade, luxury añejo tequila is crafted from the finest 100 percent Weber blue agave from the Highlands of Jalisco. It is matured in a combination of new American and French Oak barrels and aged for a minimum of 12 months. It is then distilled again before it is racked in vintage Bordeaux barrels, from the finest French chateaux (“Burdeos” means Bordeaux in Spanish). The taste is smooth and sweet; with great body and a long-lasting finish, it offers notes of oak, light agave, vanilla and raisins. Gran Patrón Burdeos is beautifully packaged in a crystal bottle placed inside a handsome rounded display case that accentuates the dark color of the añejo tequila.

Color
    Dark amber

aroma
    Rich Bordeaux wine to start. A blend of oak wood, very light agave, vanilla and fruit.

taste
    Smooth and sweet with great body. Noticeable oak wood, very light agave, vanilla and raisins.

finish
    Long-lasting, velvety smooth.

Even more expensive if you buy it straight from Patron.
    http://patronspirits.1-877-spirits.com/gran-patron-burdeos

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    That was it... I have an LTCH ? :P

My buddy lives down in Demotte and he may have a farm and fleet over there.

Maybe I should get into reloading though...

I live in nearby Hebron, I don't know where there's a Farm N Fleet around here. It would be cool of we had one though, it's like a hardware store on steroids.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    there isn't, closest one is bourbanais il, cool store. there are signs all over the ammo cabinets saying they won't sell to anyone without a foid card, or out of state residents

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Crying-Baby-Natural-High-for-Some-Moms.jpg

This is bullcrap! Between work, school and everything else, I don't get to do anything fun anymore!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    there isn't, closest one is bourbanais il, cool store. there are signs all over the ammo cabinets saying they won't sell to anyone without a foid card, or out of state residents

Man that blows. I don't know how he's going to get me ammo then.

I don't know if out of staters can have a FOID card...

I may look into reloading. What are the bare minimums I'd need to reload .45? A press I know that much. A scale...? Aside from the raw materials.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Crying-Baby-Natural-High-for-Some-Moms.jpg

This is bullcrap! Between work, school and everything else, I don't get to do anything fun anymore!

ha%2Bha.gif

That is what you get for stealing coffee cans! :D

Man that blows. I don't know how he's going to get me ammo then.

I don't know if out of staters can have a FOID card...

I may look into reloading. What are the bare minimums I'd need to reload .45? A press I know that much. A scale...? Aside from the raw materials.

No FOIDs are ONLY GIVEN to IL residents.

Min to reload for .45

1) Press (Single Stage is cheapest)
    2) Dies (Lee is cheapest ~$)
    3) Scale (~$30 for digital Hornandy scale @ Cabelas)
    4) 2 loading blocks
    5) Calipers
    6) Bench
    7) Reloading manual

OPTIONAL
    1) Tumbler to clean brass
    2) Case Gauge

PM me if you want to see what I have managed to do.
    I wont even charge you a visit of your future queen (yet). :D

-Jedi

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    If you've got more time than money you can get a lee classic loader and a decent scale and be set for a while. I used them for years when I lived in apartments and such. And they're not that slow once you get a system going. That being said you'll probably end up buying a press later on anyway, but if you're just starting out with pennies in your pocket, a lee loader will get you started quick and cheap.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    On the other hand, if you bought some components, I'm sure anyone that reloads 45 would be willing to show you the ropes and crank out some decent loads.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On the other hand, if you bought some components, I'm sure anyone that reloads 45 would be willing to show you the ropes and crank out some decent loads.

^This!
    Dave you are welcome to come try it at my place. I'm still learning myself but it's not that hard. I think the hardest part (and hopefully will get that done this weekend) is the measuring of the powder.

I have a 5-0-5 RCBS beam scale that I have not been able to zero.
    So I got a digital Hornady scale yesterday at Cabela's (sorry GB but it was FREE minus my Cabela's point vs the lynman which was not going to be FREE). Using the Hornandy I still have not been able to get the RCBS one to zero. Need to call RCBS and see if they can fix it but since I have the digital one now I think I'm about ready to take the leap and load a few rounds to see what power range my "betty" likes.

-jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Well tomorrow I'm going to the CP gun show thingy at the fairgrounds, if I can lose the ball and chain... and then im working in the evening.. not sure about the rest of the week yet but yeah I'd like to come over and see it in action.

btw...went to the goodwill store in StJ yesterday.. found an "antique" polaroid camera and a Sony Watchman portable TV. Pretty much both items are now usless due to the march of technology but a: I can flog them on eBay for a profit (but my conscience doesn't like that) or b: see if I can get them to work in todays modern era. The Watchman may be able to be hacked to view security cameras or at least something with my ham radio geekery.

The polaroid works if I could only get some film for the bloody thing.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Lol @ not selling to out of state residents. Goes to show that even Stankakee county is still Chicago's b***h

What gets me though is when an Illynoisian comes to Cabelas they have to get "carded" before the guy behind the counter will even let you coonfinger a gun.

It's redonkulous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom