Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Guys, I want to get a 15-22, but not if I can't get any ammo. Is there any 22LR available around here? If not, I'll just ask for a laptop for my birthday.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    They had bricks of 22LR at Blythes in Griffith friday.... and there was 22LR CCI standard velocity 50 rd boxes at Cabelas today....

This place had feets and feets of cat5 where there should have been inches.... I've seen some interesting clusterf**** in my years of computer repair...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Guys, I want to get a 15-22, but not if I can't get any ammo. Is there any 22LR available around here? If not, I'll just ask for a laptop for my birthday.

Westforth's or Blythe's in Griffith may have .22LR. Call ahead to see and check out Blythe's in Valpo. Forget about Gander Mountain for any .22 ammo. Happy ammo hunting and see the rifle bug has bit you, just a matter of time and one isn't enough.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lesson about animals & attics

So this morning at 3AM I wake up to growling, scratching and an 'eeeeeee' sound. My heart is racing as the growl sound right next to me. The noise is coming from the baby's bedroom window. It was a deep monster like growl and scratching on the siding of the house. Freaky, scary, s***!

I look out the window but can't see anything from the top floor, baby room. So I go down to the main floor and look out those windows and still can't see jack but the growling noise is still there. It goes on for a good 20 mins the growling and my mind is racing with all sort of monsters that could be on my roof. The 'eeeeeee' sound finally died down after a while as well. 30 mins in to ordeal I figure might as well stay up since I had to be at work by 5:30AM so got ready to go to work. Being the "i'm scared of gg type" I open the garage door to make noise in the hopes that whatever is on the roof leaves. Close the door again and then slowly open the front door. Look around and don't see anything. Look around the house from a distance to see the roof but there is nothing up there. So with the coast clear I go to work.

In the afternoon when I get back I take a later and get up on the roof to figure out what the heck all the noise was about. So what do I find?
    The soffit has 2 openings in it. One is right next to where the roof connects to it while the other is just "in the air" so to speak.
    I bang on it and hear some movement inside. Great I got something inside the roof/attic now. My guess is it's a squirrel. Plus their are marks on the side of the house. In talking to the good neighbors they said the growl was most likely a raccoon as they have seen 1 or 2 come thru the yards and alleyway recently. Raccoons are know to 'monster growl' as well and a search on YouTube confirms that scary noise! :xmad:

So I go into the attic with a flashlight but can't see anything? Damb flashlight does not give off enough light. Bring up a camping lantern but it's broken and the light goes off/on every time I move it. Plus it's ******** hot inside the attic! And now I'm full of insulation as well and itching all over. One more time down and this time the mossy comes up with me since it has a surefire light (switch out the buck 00 for birdshot while I'm at it for just in case). Plus put on a headlamp as well. The headlamp I bought to change out a tire in the dark. Piece of **** works OK if you have something right in front of you (book distance) but don't expect that light to see very far. :xmad: The surefire does work but the SG is too d*** long to move around the attic and the prior owner left the house antenna INSIDE the attic so that is also in the way. So finally I just give "into the force" and lay on the wood beam and stay still and just listen. 10 mins go by and nothing, no sounds from the house or any animals in the attic. Guess the squirrel either left, got eaten, or whatever.

So I got back to the roof and unbend the 2 soffit that were opened and figure well that was not that hard.
    Next I use the saw and give the tree closets to the house a major 'haircut' figure whatever was growling climbed that tree to get to the squirrel. So with the 1st tree trimmed, I do the back one as well and attempt the front on (it's too big and the branches are way too tall plus if they fall they will land on the garage).

Clean up an call it a day and go out for a bite to eat.
    Well right now when I get back what do I hear? Noise in the soffit again. Plus the soffit I closed up near where the roof connects is open again. :facepalm: Yup boys and girls I have a f**** squirrel in their. But it looks like it has NOT YET made it into the attic. :xmad:

Any ideas on how to get rid of it or whom to call.
    The only good animal is
    a) one with a .22lr in the middle of its eyes
    or
    b) cooked and ready to eat

Notes to self
    - Find a better flashlight for looking in the dark that can be worn on the head
    - Buy a new lantern
    - Practice with the SG inside the house as it's longer than you think
    - STOP EATING all them burgers and pop!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So this morning at 3AM I wake up to growling, scratching and an 'eeeeeee' sound. My heart is racing as the growl sound right next to me. The noise is coming from the baby's bedroom window. It was a deep monster like growl and scratching on the siding of the house. Freaky, scary, s***!

I look out the window but can't see anything from the top floor, baby room. So I go down to the main floor and look out those windows and still can't see jack but the growling noise is still there. It goes on for a good 20 mins the growling and my mind is racing with all sort of monsters that could be on my roof. The 'eeeeeee' sound finally died down after a while as well. 30 mins in to ordeal I figure might as well stay up since I had to be at work by 5:30AM so got ready to go to work. Being the "i'm scared of gg type" I open the garage door to make noise in the hopes that whatever is on the roof leaves. Close the door again and then slowly open the front door. Look around and don't see anything. Look around the house from a distance to see the roof but there is nothing up there. So with the coast clear I go to work.

In the afternoon when I get back I take a later and get up on the roof to figure out what the heck all the noise was about. So what do I find?
    The soffit has 2 openings in it. One is right next to where the roof connects to it while the other is just "in the air" so to speak.
    I bang on it and hear some movement inside. Great I got something inside the roof/attic now. My guess is it's a squirrel. Plus their are marks on the side of the house. In talking to the good neighbors they said the growl was most likely a raccoon as they have seen 1 or 2 come thru the yards and alleyway recently. Raccoons are know to 'monster growl' as well and a search on YouTube confirms that scary noise! :xmad:

So I go into the attic with a flashlight but can't see anything? Damb flashlight does not give off enough light. Bring up a camping lantern but it's broken and the light goes off/on every time I move it. Plus it's ******** hot inside the attic! And now I'm full of insulation as well and itching all over. One more time down and this time the mossy comes up with me since it has a surefire light (switch out the buck 00 for birdshot while I'm at it for just in case). Plus put on a headlamp as well. The headlamp I bought to change out a tire in the dark. Piece of **** works OK if you have something right in front of you (book distance) but don't expect that light to see very far. :xmad: The surefire does work but the SG is too d*** long to move around the attic and the prior owner left the house antenna INSIDE the attic so that is also in the way. So finally I just give "into the force" and lay on the wood beam and stay still and just listen. 10 mins go by and nothing, no sounds from the house or any animals in the attic. Guess the squirrel either left, got eaten, or whatever.

So I got back to the roof and unbend the 2 soffit that were opened and figure well that was not that hard.
    Next I use the saw and give the tree closets to the house a major 'haircut' figure whatever was growling climbed that tree to get to the squirrel. So with the 1st tree trimmed, I do the back one as well and attempt the front on (it's too big and the branches are way too tall plus if they fall they will land on the garage).

Clean up an call it a day and go out for a bite to eat.
    Well right now when I get back what do I hear? Noise in the soffit again. Plus the soffit I closed up near where the roof connects is open again. :facepalm: Yup boys and girls I have a f**** squirrel in their. But it looks like it has NOT YET made it into the attic. :xmad:

Any ideas on how to get rid of it or whom to call.
    The only good animal is
    a) one with a .22lr in the middle of its eyes
    or
    b) cooked and ready to eat

Notes to self
    - Find a better flashlight for looking in the dark that can be worn on the head
    - Buy a new lantern
    - Practice with the SG inside the house as it's longer than you think
    - STOP EATING all them burgers and pop!

Have you seen National Lampoon Christmas Vacation with the killer squirrel? You need to get a few good flashlights and a good supply of batteries for the Big game hunting.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Have you seen National Lampoon Christmas Vacation with the killer squirrel? You need to get a few good flashlights and a good supply of batteries for the Big game hunting.

Never seen the movie.
    All I can think of is that little goffer animal from some gold movie with Bill Murry I think and how he causes havoc in the golf course.
    And when I was in the attic this came to mind.
    [video=youtube_share;LYCNtAfQmFY]http://youtu.be/LYCNtAfQmFY[/video]

I was a kid when I watched that movie without my parents knowing. Scared the c*** out of me!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Speaking of old movies. Tuco from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has passed away. :(
    [video=youtube_share;6thuiB_Kl7E]http://youtu.be/6thuiB_Kl7E[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom