• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Got out of work quite early. On call till 11 but second half of my double got cancelled. Cleared out the unit.

Sitting on the deck watching fireworks, dog is out here with me and she's sleeping. Occasionally lifting her head to the big booms but seems she couldn't care less.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah... It has it's pluses and minuses.

My 2 main reasons for having a generator while living out here in rural Lowellabama are for WATER and for HEAT.

No power for me = NO WELL and NO FURNACE FAN.

But I have no back up plan if the well pump dies, which I am guessing is your issue? I guess there is the 20,000 gallons of pool water. That is sort of a back up plan. This recent power outage my backup generator gave me water and other conveniences but that all stopped when my generator died. Took about 30 hours to source and replace the old generator with a new one.

But during the outage my wife could not figure out how to flush the toilet. I said to grab a bucket, get some pool water and dump it into the toilet tank, then flush. An amazingly simple concept, but lost on so many because its so obvious.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol, if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down. Looks like the bladder in my pressure tank busted and my pump died. The well is 16 years old.

Showering at work, and need to take a ride to the laundrymat today to do laundry. I'm about to use two gallons of drinking water to "shower" with today... Wonder if I should microwave it to warm it up.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Today, I'll be going to the infamous place in Texas where president Kennedy was killed. Should be fun. That is one assassination that has always boggled me.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    In stead of a float we could just drive these...

View attachment 30040

Went to the Hobart 4th of July parade and couldn't believe all the new city pick up trucks and new police 4-wheel drive police vehicles and a MRAP and a couple old armored police vehicles. Saw Dan's backward hat buddy in a PO PO car. All the kids got a fair amount of candy. Parades have changed, as there wasn't a lot of politicians in the parade.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Your new battery powered mower won't work?

I took it back. I wasn't even getting through the back yard on one charge. I'd have to mow 20 minutes, recharge 3-4 hours, mow 20 more minutes, recharge, and finish mowing. It wasn't supposed to work like that. And it also did not cut cleanly. Left a trail of grass down the middle because it had twin blades.

Skulldaddy45 is moving to Nevada and offered to give me his mower, but he needs to keep using it until he leaves in a few weeks.

Actaeon knew I'd be without a mower for a while, so he offered to lend his.

We'll see how the next few weeks play out. I may be able to borrow a neighbor's mower for a couple of weeks.

INGO is awesome. Before I lost my job, I was paying it forward, and when I get another one, I will again.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Went to the Hobart 4th of July parade and couldn't believe all the new city pick up trucks and new police 4-wheel drive police vehicles and a MRAP and a couple old armored police vehicles. Saw Dan's backward hat buddy in a PO PO car. All the kids got a fair amount of candy. Parades have changed, as there wasn't a lot of politicians in the parade.

You shouldve said to him "hey bro your that guy from youtube! "

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Lol. Actually on Thursday my friend was standing next to him at the Merrillville parade and texted me and said hey guess who is standing next to me lol. I told him to say something but his phone "stopped working" when I texted him that.....more like he was just too scared

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I replaced my pressure tank about 2 months ago. I was lucky, mine lost pressure slowly over time. It was an old sealed unit so I couldn't add air. The new tank can be repressurized. Mine was 19 years old.

The advantage of being guys is we can go outside with the dogs and pee in the yard :rockwoot:

Heck you get an old wooden ammo crate like the ones we had in the service for the 5.56. It made a great makeshift toilet to do all the above outside and then some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom