• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Went to a laundromat for the first time ever. Interesting group of people... Washed my stuff and came home to dry. Now time for some more TWD marathon, then a nap, then off to work an hour early to take a shower. Hopefully I'll have water Friday... I believe my pump on the well is ok, so I'm going to try and replace the pressure take and hope for the best. If that's not the case and the pump is down... Then I don't know, keeping my fingers crossed.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wednesday the 9th of july, 5pm-9pm if anyone is interested in coming out to Glen Park Izaak Walton for projectiles and pizza, PM me for more info. We are having an impromptu get together of pistol shooters that evening and will be doing some casual shooting, and socializing. Lounge will be open for drinks, pizza, pool games as well. Any NWI INGO members that would like to come check out the club and range are welcome to come as my guest. If you are going to shoot, the indoor range fee is $5/person. Trap range fees as normal. The club will be providing pizza from JJ's. Cash bar. Any questions, pm. www.glenparkiw.org for directions and club info.
    Last call if anyone is interested in hanging out Wednesday night. Enter the main building on the south side and go downstairs to the lounge. Ask for Damon. If you are shooting indoor, please sign into the log book and pay at the top of the stairs and I will get you setup in the range. If you are shooting trap, proceed to the "trap house" and sign in at the counter. you can pay for trap after you shoot if you are unsure how many rounds you will be shooting. Pizza will be delivered to the lounge around 7-7:30. If you plan to attend, please send me a txt msg to 219-712-1016 with "Ingo Party of one - John Doe" or something so I can make sure there is enough pizza ordered.
    Call if you have any questions, I will not be monitoring this thread from now till then.

lounge4.JPG

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi use some "hardware cloth" to close up that area of your house to prevent the squirrel and/or raccoon from gaining entry. They can bend up your aluminum soffit but they can't eat through a layer of hardware cloth that you nail in place behind the soffit.
    Thanks but first need to ensure the *** squirrel is out otherwise Jedi will have a trapped and eventually dead animal. Not to mention the possible dead babies as well. Last thing Jedi wants is a grave of dead animals in the attic.

Also, buy a SNOW PEAK brand headlamp. They make two models. The Snow Miner which doubles as both a headlamp and an 'area light' and they also make one that tilts with your eyes so it shines light where you are looking. The Snow Peak brand is a quality brand, it puts out plenty of light. The batteries last for a long time too! I have used them to hike in the dark and can easily see the ground/road/path. I think it would light up your attic too. Lighting ? Snow Peak

Sadly Jedi bought 2 of the current headlamps one for each car. Not sure I want to drop more money on yet another 'emo' gear that may not be used often. Jedi will try the current light again in the dark. Perhaps the batteries were low on this unit as it was 'on' a few days ago in the back of the car. Hum.. Jedi should try the one in the van as well. Need to find out what the lumes on the surefire light were because that was bright. Something like that one a headlamp would be great.

Cats would find the babies to be a delicacy.

Squirrel and Coon would go across the street into the trees. I never had problems with either.

I was NOT planning on releasing those **** animals at your place. Instead I was going to ask permission to shoot them their!
    I don't mind squirrels so long as they make their home in the trees. We got 1 big tree on the property that does have a 'home' in it. My old lady neighbor hats the tree since it drops branches and leaves all the time and in a major storm that sucker might fall onto the street, her property or my garage. However it's a home for a squirrel family and thus why I just trim it from time to time. HOWEVER now that squrriel family and/or it's extended family have crossed the line. Jedi's home is Jedi's. Squirrel has it's home don't come into mine.

Squirrel is now dead to me. I want them gone, gone, gone. If that means trapping and killing them and removing the entire tree so be it.
    When Jedi loves he LLLOOVVVEESS and when Jedi hates he HHHAAATTTEESSS.
    There is no in-between.

Gary police officer shot and killed last night/this morning
    Gary police officer killed | abc7chicago.com

He was supposedly making a traffic stop, and the suspect walked up and shot him in the head. WTF

Are you questioning the logic (or lack of) of why the suspect would shoot the officer?
    That type of people follow no rules and/or logic except to survive. The rule of law means nothing to them and you or jedi or the police are just something/someone that is in the way for whatever it is s/he needs to do. This is why GG is right. People suck!

Jedi takes it the suspect escaped unlike the shooting in Indy last night where both the suspect and the police officer did not make it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @melensdad
    This is what Jeid bought
    Coast HL5 175 Lumen LED Headlamp - - Amazon.com
    Coast HL5 175 Lumen LED Headlamp
    Yes that cheap piece of crap looking thing is a bit brighter but for how long will it actually work before the Chinese junk parts fall off your head?

The one you mention is this one right?
    MOLA Headlamp ? Snow Peak
    It's only 110 lumes which is less then the lumen on the other one. :dunno:
    Yes, that is ONE of the TWO Snow Peak brand head lamps that I would consider. I would also consider headlamps from Black Diamond, some of the higher grade Petzl headlamps (but not their cheap ones), the better REI units, etc.

Headlamps are used intensively by trappers and by hikers. If you can only carry 1 with you then you need it to be dependable and you need it to last. To get durability you tend to pay a little more for a higher quality unit, cry once at the price, but never have it let you down. I only advocate Snow Peak because it is what I own, but there are certainly other quality brands out there that will work for you. But I stress, pick a decent headlamp, one with good reviews from Backpacker magazine or Outside magazine and its likely that you will NEVER have to replace anything other than the batteries. Yes, you'll pay a bit more, but only 1 time.

My wife and I both use Snow Peak SNOW MINER. Its a silly looking bubble on the front of your head but the thing works incredibly well and throws of more than enough light for night hikes. It burns for 55 hours on "high" and double that when dialed down, which is enough for a week of backpacking without replacing the batteries. The one you picked is cheaper, probably brighter, and the batteries burn out in only 3.75 hours ... wtf?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Im not camping or hiking or mining with it.
    I am using it only to change a tire on the side on the road on the dark.
    So i need bright light for a short period of time.
    This why the purchase. Weight is not an issue since its in the trunck.
    Neither is size, bulk.

Granted now i know that this headlamp is good, perhaps, just for that . Ie having
    Light right in front of you. I suspect it may be the batteries but we will see.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Listening to the police scanner and county sheriff have an idea who they are looking for in the Gary Police officer shooting. Male Black, 5' 8", superman sign tattoo. Cant recall the name.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    With the massive man hunt going on, they are calling in a lot of 10-32's (man w/ gun) and running the serials on the weapons. They're also bringing in several people to County Jail for outstanding warrants and what not.:bacondance:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Im not camping or hiking or mining with it.
    I am using it only to change a tire on the side on the road on the dark.
    So i need bright light for a short period of time.
    This why the purchase. Weight is not an issue since its in the trunck.
    Neither is size, bulk.

Granted now i know that this headlamp is good, perhaps, just for that . Ie having
    Light right in front of you. I suspect it may be the batteries but we will see.

I think you might want a wide beam rather than a focused spot for changing a tire at the side of the road. But I also suspect you want reliability over years of use too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    **** my life.
    A kids party south of us 30 all the way in cedar lake.
    Wtf did i do to deserve this.
    Where is sadclown to take my place.
    Going be a long day. Food does not look yummy either.
    Sigh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom