• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Finally, Jedi found the lego kit for grownups! Good times!

You should build out that lower just to do it. It should only take like two hours if you take your time. Youtube has walkthroughs, watch a couple before you start. I did enjoy the assembly though. Maybe an 80pct build is in the future????

RRA has a NM upper too.

I like the look of an a2. I was going to put one together. I bought a psa upper with a 20" barrel to start, but I think I like the way it is already built with the flat top and a 15" ff handguard. I have an a2 upper, so maybe I'll put together a dissipator instead.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Got some kind of chest infection, have to keep myself awake until 1130 to go to the doctor. All I want to do is sleep, and it hurts to talk loud, laugh, sneeze or cough. It almost feels like the time I had double pneumonia, except I'm not as short of breath. Couldn't even smoke a Marlboro Red, had to buy some Marlboro Golds. But ain't smoking those neither, more then a puff or two.

ugh...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Got some kind of chest infection, have to keep myself awake until 1130 to go to the doctor. All I want to do is sleep, and it hurts to talk loud, laugh, sneeze or cough. It almost feels like the time I had double pneumonia, except I'm not as short of breath. Couldn't even smoke a Marlboro Red, had to buy some Marlboro Golds. But ain't smoking those neither, more then a puff or two.

ugh...

Time to quit smoking.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I need to quit Facebook. After this years youth event I seriously need to reconsider social media. I "like" all these "pro gun" "pro freedom" groups, but they're constantly attacking people within their own group with sayings like "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

If you ask me, the why the hell can I, if I shouldn't, then why the heck should I care if it's a right. What good is a right you can't use? This is the problem with our society, everyone is so righteous, except when it comes to anyone besides their selves. Who cares what john across the street does, if he doesn't physically hurt me or damage my property, I don't care what he does. Who cares if some moron walks down the street open carrying a rifle? If it's legal, so what.

But out no, just because you can doesn't mean you should. You should cower in the corner, turn out the lights, close the blinds and carry your guns in your home... That way no one could see you. Get over yourselves... Instead of fighting for each other, we fight against each other. The anti gun folks don't even have to fight us, we're perfectly capable of killing ourselves.

Time to get off the internet, go take a shower, then relax until it's time for the doctor.

***RANT OVER*** Continue with the Legos talk. :)

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Fyi. A few things for sale on CL.

Craftsman 2 cyl 32cc trimmer (couple years old)- $80
    Samsung 32" flat screen LCD tv. $125
    A couple of hybrid trek bikes. 22.5" frame and 15.5 frame. Pm for more details but these were not cheap. Also a couple years old.

Brand new in box pink strider kids balance bike. $80.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Fyi. A few things for sale on CL.

Craftsman 2 cyl 32cc trimmer (couple years old)- $80
    Samsung 32" flat screen LCD tv. $125
    A couple of hybrid trek bikes. 22.5" frame and 15.5 frame. Pm for more details but these were not cheap. Also a couple years old.

Brand new in box pink strider kids balance bike. $80.

Need to check in with Jedi on the pink bike.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I need to quit Facebook. After this years youth event I seriously need to reconsider social media. I "like" all these "pro gun" "pro freedom" groups, but they're constantly attacking people within their own group with sayings like "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

If you ask me, the why the hell can I, if I shouldn't, then why the heck should I care if it's a right. What good is a right you can't use? This is the problem with our society, everyone is so righteous, except when it comes to anyone besides their selves. Who cares what john across the street does, if he doesn't physically hurt me or damage my property, I don't care what he does. Who cares if some moron walks down the street open carrying a rifle? If it's legal, so what.

But out no, just because you can doesn't mean you should. You should cower in the corner, turn out the lights, close the blinds and carry your guns in your home... That way no one could see you. Get over yourselves... Instead of fighting for each other, we fight against each other. The anti gun folks don't even have to fight us, we're perfectly capable of killing ourselves.

Time to get off the internet, go take a shower, then relax until it's time for the doctor.

***RANT OVER*** Continue with the Legos talk. :)

1. Feel better, Andy.
    2. It depends on why you use social media. I use it to keep in touch with friends and family. My interactions there have very little to do with guns. I choose to stay on Facebook because there's a lot more to me and my life than guns. YMMV But if you don't like the drama of certain pages/groups, just quit them. :dunno:

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    1. Feel better, Andy.
    2. It depends on why you use social media. I use it to keep in touch with friends. My interactions there have very little to do with guns. I choose to stay on Facebook because there's a lot more to me and my life than guns. YMMV But if you don't like the drama of certain pages/groups, just quit them. :dunno:

Drama on Facebook?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You could buy a removable carry handle if you really want one. No one carries that rifle by the carry handle.

Recoil shouldn't be a concern in any .223 semi auto. Ever.

u forgot who u r talking 2 right about percieved recoil? ;)

& yes after talking it further with my source its going to be this route
    White Oak Armament | Complete Uppers | High Power Competition | CMP Upper | Pre-Ban A4 Flattop
    White Oak Armament

a flat top upper with the added carry handle.
    One day when I'm old and grey like GB I'll put a scope of it. :p

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Finally, Jedi found the lego kit for grownups! Good times!

You should build out that lower just to do it. It should only take like two hours if you take your time. Youtube has walkthroughs, watch a couple before you start. I did enjoy the assembly though. Maybe an 80pct build is in the future????

RRA has a NM upper too.

I like the look of an a2. I was going to put one together. I bought a psa upper with a 20" barrel to start, but I think I like the way it is already built with the flat top and a 15" ff handguard. I have an a2 upper, so maybe I'll put together a dissipator instead.

The stripped lower I have from DM will one day be built out. However it has never been my intention for that lower to be used by me.
    It's for my daughter for her first 'youth/adult' long gun. I suspect it will become a safe queen since it will get a custom paint job and look all girly (not in pink but light purple) :puke:

I really don't have an interest in learning to build an AR at this point. I still don't care for the AR but figure between the AR and MINI14 that the AR would be better for Project Appleseed.

There was a post for Sadclownwp about the Ruger 10/22 INGO voted on winner for an Appleseed rifle. Was a release date posted yet?

Nope SD said that while Ruger has the 10/22 Project Appleseed rifle listed in their catalog they can't find a disctrubtor that has it in stock.
    Not becuase it's sold out but becuase of Ruger's supply issues with it.
    :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom