• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ctc everyone has a price as you can see.
    Just depends on what your price is.

I couldn't work in Chicago, with the commute, for $125K; I'm retired and I can make a good deal more than that sitting on my butt making a few decisions a month. But my Godson's father does it for probably half that amount and he commutes to the city from the far eastern edge of Porter county. Up at 4am, home at 7:30pm.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'd do it if it were not for my home situation now. With Mom getting older and not getting around well, I need to be someplace where I can get home quickly if I need to. I'll probably take a job in CP for less just so I can be close to home. I applied for a couple of PT things at St. Anthony in the interim until I find something FT. Fingers crossed.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I just quit doing the 294 thing twice per day a few days a week. Like some have said....doing what I do, there wasn't an option any closer where I could make anywhere close to what I wanted. The commute wasn't bad for me but if you don't like solitude or driving makes you crazy, it's not worth it.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    It isnt likely I will get anything from this aside from two or three people who come out, but there is a three gun match this Sunday at Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles Michigan. As long as I can find a vehicle to get myself to the range I plan on being there. If anyone else wants to go, let me know.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I could make another 15-20K base salary (without overtime or on-call/call-in) working in Chicago.

I hate the city so much I just can't bring myself to do it... yet. Someday I will probably have to. Being the only income in the household and cutbacks at work/ decreased overtime is making the city sound a little less repulsive.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It isnt likely I will get anything from this aside from two or three people who come out, but there is a three gun match this Sunday at Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles Michigan. As long as I can find a vehicle to get myself to the range I plan on being there. If anyone else wants to go, let me know.
    Working threw the weekend so I'm out :(

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sh**cago no way...... well maybe if they offered me 500,000.00 salary a year with full benefits and a personal LEO assigned to me while in that sh**hole and a professional driver to get me there and back... well maybe then... Probably not... Rather drive to Indy for work than over the thin red line...

Jedi, this snow is getting to me.... stop it...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Exactly..... I've got a steady job.... May not be what I want to do but it pays the bills

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love my job, and wake up early everyday to make it in before my shift starts. My problem is, I don't make what I could be making in my field, but I do so love my job.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    gb i did not get to see the snow so I'm asking for more.
    I told you guys only 2 weeks of summer the rest of the year you are going to wear a jacket.
    If the gods listen to me it should be a parka.
    LOL

Btw i need a cpa that can do corporate taxes.
    Any recommendations?

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love my job, and wake up early everyday to make it in before my shift starts. My problem is, I don't make what I could be making in my field, but I do so love my job.

Yeah I went to school for computer networking and currently a manager at pizza hut..... so totally opposite of what I want to do.

Would rather do something I love and not make as much.... so I'd definitely would rather be in your situation

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    gb i did not get to see the snow so I'm asking for more.
    I told you guys only 2 weeks of summer the rest of the year you are going to wear a jacket.
    If the gods listen to me it should be a parka.
    LOL

Btw i need a cpa that can do corporate taxes.
    Any recommendations?

McMahon & Associates, Munster

Piscione & Associates, Hobart

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah I went to school for computer networking and currently a manager at pizza hut..... so totally opposite of what I want to do.

Would rather do something I love and not make as much.... so I'd definitely would rather be in your situation
    Not a lot of demand for that in Indiana. That is what I do, and why I am in Chicago. You generally need to work for a big company.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Maddawg, I think that is common... we do what makes the bills...

I've got a CRJ but I fix computers all day.... I do enjoy the Gunbunnies project though but it doesn't qualify as a real job...

Jedi, your the reason I'm looking at property in Arizona, this cold is really making me look on ebay for a new younger more robust body to replace this thing that hurts all the time...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom