Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Little Calumet Canoe Portion of Festival CANCELLED!!!!

I just got this email from the canoe organizers.

In compliance with the guidelines of the American Canoe Association, the paddling portion of the 4th Annual Little Calumet River Fest has been canceled. No canoe or kayak rentals will be available. Persons providing their own canoe or kayak are, as always, welcome to use these state waters at their own risk - however, it is the recommendation of Friends of the Little Calumet River and that Northwest Indiana Paddling Association not to do so. We can assume no liability. We hope to provide a rain date paddle in the future.
    All of the other activities planned for the Little Calumet River Fest will go on as planned.
    Thank you,
    I will be refunding your rental fee.
    Conservation <<name removed>>

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I just got this email from the canoe organizers.

In compliance with the guidelines of the American Canoe Association, the paddling portion of the 4th Annual Little Calumet River Fest has been canceled. No canoe or kayak rentals will be available. Persons providing their own canoe or kayak are, as always, welcome to use these state waters at their own risk - however, it is the recommendation of Friends of the Little Calumet River and that Northwest Indiana Paddling Association not to do so. We can assume no liability. We hope to provide a rain date paddle in the future.
    All of the other activities planned for the Little Calumet River Fest will go on as planned.
    Thank you,
    I will be refunding your rental fee.
    Conservation <<name removed>>

You got the email also. The water level must be up to cancel to paddling part.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I work 35 hours a week. Add in about 15 hours of commute time, 50 hours spent a week for my paycheck.

I hate working in Chicago. I would love to work in Indiana, or even less then 20 miles from home. But, I can't find anything that pays well enough [STRIKE]without having crappy hours.[/STRIKE] Ugh.
    This is why most anyone in Indiana goes into Chicago to work. It costs me something like $8k a year to commute. Even taking that into account I couldn't come close in salary in Indiana.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    But, I wanna go fast! In all seriousness though I am in pretty good shape, absolutely no weight to lose. I have what they call a dual sport bike or what trek does anyway....I want to be the guy pulling away from others not trying to catch up and I have pushed my bike as fast as it will spin.

Maybe you just to replace your rear gearset. I bought my bike in 1988 when I was doing triathalons. Im getting older and can't pull the racing gears anymore and went to a wider spread. It made all the difference in the world. My bike retailed for 750 back in the day and I would guess a comparable bike would be about the same now. A few years ago a guy I work with spent over 3k on a bike, I rode it and it may have been faster than mine, but it wasn't that much faster. We coasted them side by side and they slowed at about the same rate, very little difference in friction in the rotating parts.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    All this talk about pay has me wondering... What's A "decent" living per year to all that feel you must commute to Chicago.

Couldn't pay me $125k to be a sitting duck on a train, at mercy to public transportation or even being a mongaloid on 294 twice daily. F that.. I got a buddy whose corporate and runs a train into the city everyday. He sends me snap chats of all the mindless drones, some cars are even double stacked with all these suit n ties.... Talking about being sick all the time, the amount of exposure is sickening

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Couldn't pay me $125k to be a sitting duck on a train, at mercy to public transportation or even being a mongaloid on 294 twice daily. F that.. I got a buddy whose corporate and runs a train into the city everyday. He sends me snap chats of all the mindless drones, some cars are even double stacked with all these suit n ties.... Talking about being sick all the time, the amount of exposure is sickening

I'll take it, then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom