• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    22 can first. Its much quieter, cheaper, cheaper to use, get movie quiet silence to make you giggle more, can hunt squirrels and rabbits in silence. Much lighter weight hanging off the end of your handgun. Many more 22lr factory threaded barrels.

Imho a 45 can is good for a range toy and Thats about it. Cant hunt much with a 45 acp.

Sorry for the incomplete sentences. Woke up to take a leak and checked INGO half asleep.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I honestly don't know how much longer I can remain in healthcare.

Reimbursement is now based upon patient satisfaction.

Blood sugar's 700 and you're demanding a pepsi? Gotta give it to you, along with some narcotics, keep ya happy.

Who cares that numerous studies have shown that increased patient satisfaction correlates with increased mortality and increased healthcare expenditures. All that matters is you get what you want, when you want, where you want and how you want.

I really feel like I wasted 8 years of my life in school.

I feel ya, Dan. Higher Education funding is now based on graduation rates. So no matter that they are functioning at middle-school level when they come in, and no matter that the remedial programs have been cut, get those students through to graduation somehow.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I thought the 22LR can would have been the cats meow but with the industry the way it is.... availability and high price of sub sonic 22LR ammo made me think a 9mm can that could handle a 357 magnum would see more use and should be reasonably quiet in 9mm and 38 special velocities...

[video=youtube;YXc0rm6dzVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXc0rm6dzVs[/video]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Why? You already have one.

Seriously, why?
    Because I am not always around for you to use mine. :): You will use the .22 can a lot more than you would a .45. It is less expensive for your first purchase, which is still taking like 9 months I believe.

I thought the 22LR can would have been the cats meow but with the industry the way it is.... availability and high price of sub sonic 22LR ammo made me think a 9mm can that could handle a 357 magnum would see more use and should be reasonably quiet in 9mm and 38 special velocities...

[video=youtube;YXc0rm6dzVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXc0rm6dzVs[/video]
    You only need subs in a rifle. In a pistol the bulk stuff will stay subsonic.

Isn't .357 Supersonic? 9mm will be my next purchase. I figure I have 9mm pistols and I will get a 9mm carbine to use it with.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I feel ya, Dan. Higher Education funding is now based on graduation rates. So no matter that they are functioning at middle-school level when they come in, and no matter that the remedial programs have been cut, get those students through to graduation somehow.
    Well this headline should make you happy. The entitlement class is demanding that UN-qualified students be accepted to universities.

LINK=> Activists to UMich: Admit unqualified students, if they are black | The Daily Caller

Honestly not sure how many more years my wife will remain a teacher. She was a VP of Private Banking in her former career, left behind a lot of money to become a high school teacher because she wanted to contribute to the community. Her first few years of teaching were great, the administration held high standards, backed up the teachers, etc. Last 3 or 4 years have been a nightmare for education with lowering of standards, lowering of expectations, etc. I am so happy we sent our daughter to a private school that upheld its standards. I strongly urge all of you, make the sacrifice, send your kids to private schools that have entrance exams and high standards, or home-school your kids. The Lake County public school system, with the possible exception of Munster, is horrid and exists only to pass your child to the next babysitter.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Because I am not always around for you to use mine. :): You will use the .22 can a lot more than you would a .45. It is less expensive for your first purchase, which is still taking like 9 months I believe.

You only need subs in a rifle. In a pistol the bulk stuff will stay subsonic.

Isn't .357 Supersonic? 9mm will be my next purchase. I figure I have 9mm pistols and I will get a 9mm carbine to use it with.

Which 9mm carbine rifle are you looking at?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Which 9mm carbine rifle are you looking at?
    All of them :):

I like the Beretta, but it appears there can be issues getting the barrel threaded and putting a can on it legally.

I would love a Tavor in 9mm, but that would be $3000. I don't want on that badly.

So, I really haven't decided which one I want to get.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I was checking my bank account and seen my account jumped up 1300 and didn't know why. Then I saw I got paid and realized most business will be closed tomorrow. Its a good day that's for sure. Now off to clean some Mosins.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Welcome to my world. (At least my world for three more weeks.) I feel the same as your wife, Bob. I'm not a part of the solution any more. They won't let me be.

Well I'm involved with high school sports at 2 different high schools and I can say that the public school kids, as a whole, have been done a huge disservice by the lowering of standards and expectations in the schools. I interact with kids from probably a dozen or more different high schools on a very regular basis at tournaments, talking with them over their 4 year high school careers, and I can easily spot the kids from "high standards" schools and those from "low standards" schools.

We are creating a whole generation of burger flippers and grocery baggers. Oh, and those few high standard schools, they are creating the future 'upper class' who will be ruling our society, running businesses and the world. The problem is far too few are held to high standards. Kids will rise to the expectations if you set them. But they are set low, and kids easily drop down to the low expectations too.

Even within the schools you can see the divide between the kids. But the kids with higher personal standards who are in low standard schools are still held back by the system. And the lower standard kids in the higher standard schools tend to fall out the bottom of the system, but they also seem to be far fewer in numbers.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Finally got a couple days off so I shot over to the Shererville Wally World this morning to try to score some .22 for this weekend. I got there at 7:15 and the stock person said they got in 4 Federal bulk packs but there was already a line for them when she brought out the stock cart. Also saw a Schererville cop in there asking about .22.....hmmmmmm

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Get an AR in 9mm. 147gr subsonic is key. I would like a 300BLK pistol if I could get a can. The signoff would be my obstacle. Actaeon, who is signing for you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom