• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Get an AR in 9mm. 147gr subsonic is key. I would like a 300BLK pistol if I could get a can. The signoff would be my obstacle. Actaeon, who is signing for you?
    I though about going the Blackout route, but the ammo is too expensive to really just plink with.

I have a whole slew of 147gr 9mm. It is what I use in my handguns now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I though about going the Blackout route, but the ammo is too expensive to really just plink with.

I have a whole slew of 147gr 9mm. It is what I use in my handguns now.
    That is my gripe with the 300 AAC Blackout too.

It might be a great for SWAT teams looking for a gun they can silence and use during drug raids, but it has no real purpose for non-police/non-close quarters combat roles. Not a good hunting round. It has ballistics similar to the 7.62x39 which makes it marginal for most game. Sure it can be used for hogs down south. Deer out of a pistol in Indiana. But there are dozens of great rounds that are more practical than the 300 AAC Blackout that also fit in a small chamber. Honestly it has very limited uses off the range punching paper targets or ringing gongs.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It is good subsonic. 220gr. going 1100 fps has better BC then 147gr at the same, and faster then .45 230gr. .458 socom has no $ advantage, but can be used to take game.

Subsonic is the name of the game when you are talking cans.

Reload!

As GB pointed out, the can is interchangeable between 9mm and subsonic 300blk. Unless you get a .30 can, then you can shoot supersonic as well.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone have any leads for a sight puller? I have several 3rd gen smiths and would like one or prices for one so I can replace sights when needed.

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    image.jpgI feel like a kid on Christmas morning , my new pistol has arrived. Thanks again to South County Guns for dealing with me.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Got sited again... Now they are unhappy with the size of the house numbers for my address.... Anybody got some old 4 by 8 sheets of plywood they want to get rid of ? I think that size of house numbers should be about perfect...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is good subsonic. 220gr. going 1100 fps has better BC then 147gr at the same, and faster then .45 230gr. .458 socom has no $ advantage, but can be used to take game.

Reload!

As GB pointed out, the can is interchangeable between 9mm and subsonic 300blk. Unless you get a .30 can, then you can shoot supersonic as well.
    As stated though, there is no gain for just plinking. 9mm is going to be cheaper no matter how you do it and it will kill paper or steel targets just as well. I have talked myself out of getting one at this point. It will be the 9mm instead.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Reload!

As stated though, there is no gain for just plinking. 9mm is going to be cheaper no matter how you do it and it will kill paper or steel targets just as well. I have talked myself out of getting one at this point. It will be the 9mm instead.

EXACTLY there is ZERO reason to choose the 300 AAC Blackout when considering a silenced weapon platform given other alternatives.

PLUS there is ZERO reason to choose the 300 AAC Blackout when considering a non-silenced weapon platform given other alternatives which also allow for longer range, flatter shooting or even legal big game hunting.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well what ever happened at bp it did not affect travel to south Chicago. However Indy in ec, whiting is a mess. They have huge holes in the street not pot holes but just huge holes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom