Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It will be the 9mm instead.
    That would give you the most options.

GB:
    § 150.100 DUTY TO OBTAIN, POST NUMBERS; FAILURE TO COMPLY.

(A) (1) When the City Engineer shall have assigned to a building its respective number, it shall thereupon be the duty of the owner, tenant, occupant or agent in control or in possession of the building immediately, at his or her own expense, to secure suitable numbers and securely fasten the numbers to the building.

(2) Such numbers shall be at least 3 inches in height, painted or mounted in a conspicuous location on the side of, or above the front and rear entrances to the building or as near thereto as is possible. The numbers shall remain easily and distinctly read from the public way.

(3) If there is a garage at the rear of the property and the rear of the property is near an alley, the rear address must be displayed on the side of the garage facing the alley. If the rear of the property is not adjacent to an alley, no rear address is required.

(B) It shall be unlawful for any owner, occupant, agent or person in possession of any building to refuse to comply with the provisions of division (A) above after having been assigned a number by the City Engineer and after a notice shall have been served upon the owner, occupant, agent or person in possession by the City Engineer, setting forth the correct number of the building.

(C) In the event that no proper owner, occupant, agent or person in possession can be found upon whom to serve a notice as provided for in division (B) above, or in the event that there should be, in the opinion of the Board of Public Works and Safety, a willful refusal or evasion of the duty to number by the owner, occupant, agent or person in possession, the Board of Public Works and Safety may cause the numbering to be done itself. The cost thereof shall be reported by the Board to the County Auditor, and shall be placed upon the tax duplicate as a lien against the property involved, and a lien for that amount is hereby fixed in accordance with law. This remedy shall be cumulative and additional to any other penalty imposed for a violation of this subchapter.

(D) In addition to the enforcement of this section under division (C), this ordinance may be enforced by the duly authorized city inspector.

(Prior Code, § 150.60) (Ord. 7443, passed 12-9-91; Am. Ord. 7657, passed 2-28-93) Penalty, see § 150.999

You must have pissed off someone pretty bad.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    OK so the numbers on the front of the house appear to be 2 and 3/4 inch tall and have been there for several years... Sooooooo I'm putting up 4 4 by 8 sheets of plywood with as big of numbers across the front of the house as soon as I can get the energy up to do so....

Then I'm selling to someone that they won't want to live here and moving to a patch of desert by the side of a river where there isn't any codes to worry about.

and no snow either... and I can shoot all day on my own property... and I can...................................

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    EXACTLY there is ZERO reason to choose the 300 AAC Blackout when considering a silenced weapon platform given other alternatives.

PLUS there is ZERO reason to choose the 300 AAC Blackout when considering a non-silenced weapon platform given other alternatives which also allow for longer range, flatter shooting or even legal big game hunting.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=tgKjbySsAik

700 yard shots with a dot and subs on steel. Not bad at all.

I disagree the 300blk isn't the answer. I can run pulled 7.62 x 51 bullets for super cheap.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK so the numbers on the front of the house appear to be 2 and 3/4 inch tall and have been there for several years... Sooooooo I'm putting up 4 4 by 8 sheets of plywood with as big of numbers across the front of the house as soon as I can get the energy up to do so....

Then I'm selling to someone that they won't want to live here and moving to a patch of desert by the side of a river where there isn't any codes to worry about.

and no snow either... and I can shoot all day on my own property... and I can...................................

And you still will not be in compliance of the code unless you mount the plywood to your house.

So who did you po?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    They must have had a hard time finding your house to harass you. There are some Email addresses on the code enforcement website.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=tgKjbySsAik

700 yard shots with a dot and subs on steel. Not bad at all.

I disagree the 300blk isn't the answer. I can run pulled 7.62 x 51 bullets for super cheap.
    So are you saying its better than the alternatives? Because I simply don't see that.

I'm not saying that it won't do what its claimed to do. I'm simply saying that given the universe of rounds out there, given what is probably already in most gun safes, if you want a can on a gun then buying a 300 AAC Blackout is simply a toy for silencers and target punching. Most of us can probably find a platform in our safe today that can be used with a can and offer more flexibility.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I don't know... I stay out of politics around here...

maybe someone has me mixed up with someone else but lets see I think I got some 3 inch screws around here that will hold the wood up on the building....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If anyone is looking for electronic hearing protection
    Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Earmuffs (NRR 20dB) Gray 97044

$45.00 is a great price for the set of muffs.

The problem is, 20db is not that great. Especially shooting indoors.

Get an AR in 9mm. 147gr subsonic is key. I would like a 300BLK pistol if I could get a can. The signoff would be my obstacle. Actaeon, who is signing for you?

I imagine the Merrillville chief of police would have to.

Got sited again... Now they are unhappy with the size of the house numbers for my address.... Anybody got some old 4 by 8 sheets of plywood they want to get rid of ? I think that size of house numbers should be about perfect...

Maybe people see you loading unloading guns, and this is their way to mess with you.
    More likely, REVENUE GENERATION.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Interesting perspective.

[video=youtube;PNixl0qZShA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=PNixl0qZShA[/video]

Interesting?
    It made my head hurt.
    Avoid bad areas ? And if you're poor and can't afford a better neighborhood?
    Only a police officer? No right to defense? I wonder if she'd still have that tune after her family was attacked.

I get it. They're afraid. Then move to one of those gun free utopias that are out there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thought about 9mm silencer. But all I have in 9 would be taurus 92 which would need a threaded barrel, sub 2000 which would need the barrel threaded and sight moved, and thunderbolt same barrel problem.

Taurus 1911 I just need the barrel, and I found one.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Andy, those poor people are living proof that our public education is a complete failure and it also shows us what can happen when some one hasn't had their meds before going out for the day...

KLB and Actaeon, I don't like the electronic earmuffs for indoor use, they seem to allow more of the noise to make it through in the echo chamber your in while shooting indoors.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Interesting perspective.

[video=youtube;PNixl0qZShA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=PNixl0qZShA[/video]

I'm betting none of those people have had to deal with raw violence. A person/people that can not be reasoned with, that just want to hurt/end you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Andy, those poor people are living proof that our public education is a complete failure and it also shows us what can happen when some one hasn't had their meds before going out for the day...

KLB and Actaeon, I don't like the electronic earmuffs for indoor use, they seem to allow more of the noise to make it through in the echo chamber your in while shooting indoors.

Remember the dB scale is logarithmic. The difference between 20 and 28 is HUGE.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So are you saying its better than the alternatives? Because I simply don't see that.

I'm not saying that it won't do what its claimed to do. I'm simply saying that given the universe of rounds out there, given what is probably already in most gun safes, if you want a can on a gun then buying a 300 AAC Blackout is simply a toy for silencers and target punching. Most of us can probably find a platform in our safe today that can be used with a can and offer more flexibility.

Zero is a pretty bold number to be throwing around. The fact that all I need is a barrel to get in the game is good enough reason for me. That is how I got in to 9mm in the first place, with a glock 22 conversion barrel. Caliber wars this and that. Your opinion is noted. What did 300blk do to you? What is one more round in a safe, let alone a universe of rounds?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Zero is a pretty bold number to be throwing around. The fact that all I need is a barrel to get in the game is good enough reason for me. That is how I got in to 9mm in the first place, with a glock 22 conversion barrel. Caliber wars this and that. Your opinion is noted. What did 300blk do to you? What is one more round in a safe, let alone a universe of rounds?

I just don't see the point in it and I don't see any gained benefit.

It does what a 7.62x39 does, and that round is cheap, easy to find and platforms for that round exist everywhere so why not thread those barrels?

It is not legal for hunting so it doesn't work for me on that level, where a 458 Socom would be a better choice. And that could use the same can as any number of 45acp pistols in the safe.

If I want to punch paper or ring gongs a 223 will do that. So will a 6.5 Grendel. One is cheaper and easier to find. The other may not work well with a can, but is an amazingly versatile round with bullet weights that go from varmint to big game and has proven itself with clean 1 shot kills on Elk at 400 yards, Antelope at 750+ yards and steel plates at 1000 yards without punishing recoil.

I've got 9mm Carbines which are an answer to a question that nobody asked, but which are fun to shoot, cheap to shoot and can be suppressed easily, and then the same can could be fitted to any number of pistols in the safe.

So again, I see no real point in the 300 AAC Blackout. It does not do anything that I can't do with the short Russian. It falls short of the Grendel by every measurement. It costs more than the 5.56 while offer no real practical advantages for a civilian. Its not going to do much more than a 9mm or 45acp when it comes up against a paper or steel target at sub-sonic velocities with a can and its going to cost more doing it.

Again, ZERO reason to consider it. YMMV

Bourbon is better and doesn't get stuck in your teeth :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom