• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well, just got back from VW. Wasn't planning on buying, but somehow brought home a 2014 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof in Night Blue Metallic with Titan Black interior. Has just about every feature that I want/need other than remote start and tinted windows. This thing is awesome, I might actually enjoy driving again.

You are going to love it.

I just drove to & from North Carolina. Cruise control set on 75mph most of the way.

Went from Lowell to Henderson, WV on 4/5ths of a tank. Refueled and continued on to Winston-Salem, NC. Drove around Winston-Salem for a few days and still had about a half tank. Refilled before leaving town and drove up to Lexington, KY where I refueled again because I was down to less than a 1/4 tank. Drove home from Lexington and had almost 1/2 a tank remaining when I got home.

Just over 720 miles each way, so the trip was probably just over 1500 total miles including city driving. Under 3 tanks of fuel for the entire trip. The fuel tank in the Jetta is only 13 gallons.

The Passat TDI you just bought gets better fuel economy than my Jetta TDI.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    ATT is in front of my house, parked in my driveway, equipment on my lawn digging out my ditch making noise.

They just got done cutting a strip in the road. Now they're removing asphalt.

Sounds an awful lot like I'm not sleeping tonight.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well today is the last day to sign up for obamacare. Something tells me after this fails, and because of the failure of getting the young and healthy to pay their hard earned money to the health care of the old and the weak, insurance costs will skyrocket next year. All I can say is thank the lord I fall under one of the exemptions.

Some day we will all look back on this and realize, in order for most of us to have affordable insurance, the providers of that insurance must be able to deny people coverage that they find to be poor financial investments. Lets be honest, insurance providers are in fact in the game to make money or why do it, who wants to break even or lose money. If people really cared, their would be insurance's funded by private donations who specialized in insuring people who were poor financial investments. Do we know why that never ever happened, because no one wants to lose money.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Replacing bad cable, or running fiber for U-verse. More likely the first one. Do you live in Highland?

No. Unincorporated Schererville/St John.

They were digging all day in the area, they got to my house around 4pm. Started digging along the ditch about 5pm. Kept digging about 4-5ft down, probing, and backfilling. Then move up and repeat.

Around 845 they found what they were looking for. I was outside with the dogs and heard someone say "yup, call em in, we're gonna be here all night" thats when more trucks came in with more equipment and they started cutting the road in half.

They're still out there, but much quieter now. Done with the demo saw and no new trucks backup alarms. I gave up and just went in the basement. I'll sleep down here.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to hear that.
    So, what do they do for that?

Not much, actually. Just time and rest. I'm just miffed because even I could see it in the x-ray. They were looking at her ribs but apparently didn't check the sternum.

I was supposed to go to French Lick for a two-day inservice this Thursday-Friday, but I don't want to be that far from home overnight, so I got permission not to go. Didn't want to go anyway. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom