• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Nope,my local go to for pizza and Italian beef is Verona's on 6 in Portage. And I must say their deep dish is pretty good. But I am always looking for some place new to try. If anyone has tried Marcos let me know how it is.

You are right about the Italian beef from Verona's. Had one today and they are great. Did you know Verona's is moving over to Willowcreek RD by the BMV after Easter/ 04/20/2014?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I got the biggest one I could get from Radio Shack. Mounted it inside my attic. Buy bigger and you won't regret it. I'm 6 miles outside of Lowell and I got good reception on all but channel 2.

Nobody gets good reception for channel two. When I worked in the city we could, quite literally, see the antenna for channel two and still got crappy reception.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    For the 2nd time in less than a year, I have had to put out a fire in my own backyard because my neighbor likes to light his garbage/leaves on fire in the corner of his yard and then walk away from it. Good thing as it happened I just got done washing my car and had my Task Force Tips fire nozzle already hooked up. All I had to do was run my hose to the backyard. Fortunately all the trees and plants it burnt up were on his property, mine got away just a little singed. I should prolly rake all the fall leaves away from my house just in case he decides to burn the rest of my yard away.

PS. for any little children reading, always call the fire department. Do not try and put out a grass or brush fire without the proper training and equipment.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Finally talked wife into cancelling cable.

But part of the deal id I need to install an antenna.

So, any suggestions on an indoor, window or attic mount antenna for Chicago stations? Im right by rt30/41 so not too far out
    Ive done alot of research in this cause im about to do the same. CLEARSTREAM 4 from Amazon. Good product and thats the cheapest place that sells em.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    For the 2nd time in less than a year, I have had to put out a fire in my own backyard because my neighbor likes to light his garbage/leaves on fire in the corner of his yard and then walk away from it. Good thing as it happened I just got done washing my car and had my Task Force Tips fire nozzle already hooked up. All I had to do was run my hose to the backyard. Fortunately all the trees and plants it burnt up were on his property, mine got away just a little singed. I should prolly rake all the fall leaves away from my house just in case he decides to burn the rest of my yard away.

PS. for any little children reading, always call the fire department. Do not try and put out a grass or brush fire without the proper training and equipment.

Like to see a picture of the nozzle you have. Neighbor sounds like a winner to start a fire with the wind and walk away.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    You run the nozzle off of city water pressure or well pump pressure?

Normally well pump pressure, but today, well pump pressure, to a hose, to a power washer, to a hose, to the nozzle.

This thing has a lifetime warranty, and does everything from lightly watering plants, to throwing a stream of water 30 yards

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well, just got back from VW. Wasn't planning on buying, but somehow brought home a 2014 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof in Night Blue Metallic with Titan Black interior. Has just about every feature that I want/need other than remote start and tinted windows. This thing is awesome, I might actually enjoy driving again.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

After 2 times, I might be tempted to protect my side, and call 911 for his side.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    After 2 times, I might be tempted to protect my side, and call 911 for his side.

The thing is, I am 911 for his side, well not technically the township I am a firefighter for, but I am a firefighter and I took an oath to protect people and property(the gist of the oath anyway).

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well, just got back from VW. Wasn't planning on buying, but somehow brought home a 2014 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof in Night Blue Metallic with Titan Black interior. Has just about every feature that I want/need other than remote start and tinted windows. This thing is awesome, I might actually enjoy driving again.

Someone rep him for joining the VW club.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    what do they cost?

I'm not sure, but they are from Task Force tips in Valpo across the airport on RT 30 and I will call Hoosier fire in Valpo tomorrow for a price. Fire Dept. equipment and may be at least a hundred dollars and there is a nozzle in plastic also cheaper.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The thing is, I am 911 for his side, well not technically the township I am a firefighter for, but I am a firefighter and I took an oath to protect people and property(the gist of the oath anyway).

What about the Indiana law about open burning for a start? Is this still a big NO NO with DNR?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom