Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so i was looking more into nevada law (as i plan on living in Nevada if i get the job but working in that forbidden state to the west) on carrying....open carry requires no permit and they dont have registration (except for the county LV is in). :rockwoot:

but another thing is if I don't change my home of record out of Indiana would my permit (even though Nevada doesnt recognize it but nearly every state in between does) still be valid even though I would not actually be living in Indiana? or would I have to get a non res permit instead?

Have fun filing CA taxes. They are very long and complex for both resident and nonresident filers.

Once you establish residence in NV by changing your drives license your in ltch will technique be suspended.
    Granted isp wont know you are a resident of NV ad the dmv of each state does not talk to each other.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    so i was looking more into nevada law (as i plan on living in Nevada if i get the job but working in that forbidden state to the west) on carrying....open carry requires no permit and they dont have registration (except for the county LV is in). :rockwoot:

but another thing is if I don't change my home of record out of Indiana would my permit (even though Nevada doesnt recognize it but nearly every state in between does) still be valid even though I would not actually be living in Indiana? or would I have to get a non res permit instead?
    Checkout the thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/321226-lifetime-ltch-moving-out-state.html

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so basically what i am getting at is that the LTCH is still valid even though I move out of state as it seems from that letter from ISP

Negative.
    Your LTCH will be in "suspend" mode since you are NOT a resident of IN.
    Say you go to FL and run in trouble of the law (you are found to be CCing) and you present your IN LTCH as proof that you are indeed legal to CC but you are now a resident of NV. Technically you are providing false information as you are no longer an IN resident so the IN LTCH is not a valid license for you. You might get away for it since the states don't talk to each other but if the police in FL find out that you are a resident of NV you will be in trouble for providing false information.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Negative.
    Your LTCH will be in "suspend" mode since you are NOT a resident of IN.
    Say you go to FL and run in trouble of the law (you are found to be CCing) and you present your IN LTCH as proof that you are indeed legal to CC but you are now a resident of NV. Technically you are providing false information as you are no longer an IN resident so the IN LTCH is not a valid license for you. You might get away for it since the states don't talk to each other but if the police in FL find out that you are a resident of NV you will be in trouble for providing false information.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...time-ltch-moving-out-state-3.html#post4592635

with that post is why i said what I said. as in if I am currently in Utah and am doing business there for whatever reason, since they honor Indiana LTCH (and i do not possess a Utah license) and as long as my address was changed to Nevada my Indiana license would still be valid according to that letter from the ISP back in November

Now granted once I move and get settled I may end up getting a Nevada License (which seems like a PITA with all the revolver, pistol etc that go along with it) if my LTCH would actually be invalid in other states that do honor Indiana's LTCH.

1. Get an ID at an Indiana relative or friend's residence
    2. Keep LTCH
    3. Move away
    4. ...
    5. Profit

this is what I was mainly referring to. I do not plan on changing my vehicle registration or home of record (which is at my parents house currently) etc out of Indiana

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO SINCE NEW ADDRESS FOR LTCH

Contacty isp and tell then

Wait!!! Wait!!! Ya rednecks make fun of Jedi not saying stuff correctly let here you are talking gibberish as well. :faint:

CTC here is the form you need to fill out and either
    1) mail with a payment if you want your new LTCH to reflect your new address
    or
    2) you are just informing the ISP of a change of address (no fee) so they can update the system

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Duplicate_Name_Address_Change_form.pdf

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom