Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If my house sells ill have to do this soon. Whats the wait on an updated LTCH?
    Here you go.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...16185-ingunowners-faqs-sticky.html#post187167
    What happens if I move?
    You need to inform the Indiana State Police within 60 days of your address change. They won't send you a new license with your new address unless you also pay $20 for a new copy. Your old license will still be valid, provided you've notified the ISP of your address change. Here's a link to the form:
    http://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=6643 (it's a PDF, but at this time it doesn't seem to download as one. Just open it with your favorite PDF reader.)
    Or call the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section at 317-232-8264.
    Also, INGO member Dwight called and spoke with Megan at the above number in re: his daughter living at college and keeping her address of record at his home. He was told that as long as she can receive mail there, she can list it as her address.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/showth...81#post2441781
    How will I know that my address has been updated?
    You won't. The ISP just updates their database. They will not notify you that they have done so, but you are free to call the Firearms Licensing Section to verify your address on file. You might as well just go ahead and spend the $20 on a new license at the time you update your address so you'll not only get a freshly-minted license (with your new address), but it will also serve as your notification that they've updated their records.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Meh. I made a donation to help the lady out. If I get a gun out of it, that's OK too.

And I like that bright pink better than light pink. I really really like "muddy girl" pink camo.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe Snapdragon should take a look at Melensdad's pink AR.
    She was mentioning that Raitekk's AR was heavy.
    And I remember Melensdad's daughters AR was super lite.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Just a note.
    ARs tend to have less kick than bolt actions. The AR action absorbs some of the kick. The bolt action doesn't have that.
    But, this is a .223. That round doesn't have a lot of kick, it's kind of a tame round. So, it should be pretty good.

Savage makes some great rifles. They have an "accu-trigger" you might like to get.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just a note.
    ARs tend to have less kick than bolt actions. The AR action absorbs some of the kick. The bolt action doesn't have that.
    But, this is a .223. That round doesn't have a lot of kick, it's kind of a tame round. So, it should be pretty good.

Savage makes some great rifles. They have an "accu-trigger" you might like to get.

And I'm not implying you can't handle a .308. But a .308 in a bolt action has a pretty hefty kick.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe Snapdragon should take a look at Melensdad's pink AR.
    She was mentioning that Raitekk's AR was heavy.
    And I remember Melensdad's daughters AR was super lite.

Melen's Dad doesn't have an pink AR. Melen, on the other hand, has 2 of them. One is a super light polymer Cavalry Arms and the other is a traditional AR with pink furniture (see Gunbunnies pictures).

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm slowly getting the parts together to build a very light AR after working with several of the ladies it was brought to my attention that even a standard M4 configuration is a bit heavy for them. Not Therese.. she had no problem with even a A2 20 inch rifle configuration but anyways I'm waiting on a Upper from Mag Tactical here in Indiana to go with the lower I got from them last year.... then I'll be putting a pencil thin barrel on it... The receivers are made out of a alloy but it is 33% lighter than any of the other Receivers I've handled and should nock a lot of the weight off this build... When it is finished I'll bring it out to one of the M&S's and you guys can be the judge....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm slowly getting the parts together to build a very light AR after working with several of the ladies it was brought to my attention that even a standard M4 configuration is a bit heavy for them. Not Therese.. she had no problem with even a A2 20 inch rifle configuration but anyways I'm waiting on a Upper from Mag Tactical here in Indiana to go with the lower I got from them last year.... then I'll be putting a pencil thin barrel on it... The receivers are made out of a alloy but it is 33% lighter than any of the other Receivers I've handled and should nock a lot of the weight off this build... When it is finished I'll bring it out to one of the M&S's and you guys can be the judge....
    The weight of the receiver is not the problem.

From my experience, much of the complaining about weight comes from the guns not being balanced well and being muzzle heavy. On most guns there is a lot of front weight due to rails, lights, optics and very little weight in the buttstock, making them feel heavy in the muzzle, even if the overall gun is light.

Make sure to balance it and you won't get complaints.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Your right... but even a stock CAR 15 with plastic forearms was a problem for some...

I did notice that they liked the uzi and in the uzi design all the weight is in the rear of the gun, guessing that a Tavor would be favorable for a female shooter...

Snapdragon, just a note on the Axis, it is their most affordable model of bolt gun and therefore is made as such. With that said I have shot a couple of them and they are still nice rifles but they will not perform as well as one of their tactical models... You won't really see that though until you get outside of the 200 yard line....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom