• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So you going to give a cost for building it so I can pass it along?
    :)

No clue what the cost would be, you'd have to check the price of lumber. Being a commodity it changes!

If only 1" thick is required then I'd go with side walls made out of 5/4ths Tongue & Groove deck boards. That would give a true 1" thickness, plus it would also give increased strength because each of the side seams would be very solid instead of just having the boards sitting next to each other.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sadly yup between working 9.5hrs a day,TAW final getting incorporated,family,as ingo starting up again I'm tired, burned out and frankly would like to live in a cave right now.

Just need to make it to aug and life will calm down i think.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sadly yup between working 9.5hrs a day,TAW final getting incorporated,family,as ingo starting up again I'm tired, burned out and frankly would like to live in a cave right now.

Just need to make it to aug and life will calm down i think.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Is there a reason the boxes couldn't be made out of plywood? It would be a lot less labor, make a stronger box, and wouldn't look like it was designed by a kid for a craft project.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Tv thanks so has the war started.

Boxes need to be at least 1" thick for fire rating purposes but thicker is better. The boxes do not need to be strong but but be somewhat resistance to fire. Read the link to get a better idea of what is wanted. Plywood won't alliw for ventalation as much as pieces of wood put together.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    war hasnt started jedi....they've (russia) been taking over strategic locations in Crimea for the last few days but this is the most aggressive one i've heard of.

also just saw on the ABC7 facebook page:
    BREAKING: A woman working at a thrift store was fatally shot when a gun hidden in donated clothing fell out of a sock and discharged. The victim was struck in the chest.

Officials said the woman's co-worker shook piece of clothing that had been dropped off as a donation at the store on South Ashland Avenue. That when a gun fell to the ground and discharged.

A 54-year-old woman was fatally struck by a bullet in the chest. The victim's names has not been released.

I'm kinda wondering if there is more to this story than what is being told. I know it can happen but its VERY rare for one to discharge when dropped....also who hides their gun in a sock?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks and meh on Russian. X39 ammo THE WORLD standard for ammo. Made all over the place. It's not going run out. And yes i know NATO uses the 5.56/.223 but go to any place in conflict and x39 IS the ammo

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Ugh, I think I'm about to get dragged into some drama. And I don't like drama.

a female cousin from my dad's side was on a dating site. She starts talking to this guy, they message back and forth. She finds out he works for my company, so she sends me a pic of him and asks do you know this guy, his name is Matt. I say no.

(she recently! like in the last month! got out of a relationship that she was cheated on)

so anyway, more talking between the two, and he says he knows me and he's a second cousin of mine. I say, ok, still don't know him. She then says his last name is Valasquez. I said nope still don't ring a bell. I look back at his picture and I tell her he sort of looks like my cousin Chuck (1st cousin from moms side) and he works for the CN, but were first cousins. She tells him and he deletes his profile.

He later (an hour later) creates a new account and she sees that he looked at her profile. She asks me something else, and I say if it's chuck, he's married. She gets pissed, tracks down his Facebook, sees he's married and goes to his wife's page and emails a letter to his wife with a link to his dating profile.

i haven't talked to my cousin in over 6 years, I feel like I should get in touch with him and let him know but don't have a way to contact him. I didn't even know he had a Facebook account.

i ain't answering any questions from anyone anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom