• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Been extremely happy with the snow performance of our Subaru Legacy. Awd has a slight learning curve over fwd or rwd but once you get it, its wonderful. One complaint is I would like easily defeated abs. I'm not a fan of abs in this weather.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    i had an AWD SAAB 9 5 and i hated driving in the snow with it. In fact it was so bad I ended up spinning out and slamming into a pole cause it was horrible. I was barely going 20mph and was like a half a mile from a stop sign and was slowing down and BAM spun out of a control and slammed back driver side into the pole and allowed it to be pretty much inoperable so the insurance paid off my loan and I was able to get my 99 GMC Sierra instead. Best thing to ever happen to me.

Now its just time for me to get a new truck.....anyone wanna get me a 2014 GMC Sierra Z71? :)
    I know, I want one too... just saw the 2015 Canyon and it looks pretty sweet. I've had a z71, s15 and sr5, so I could go either way on size... and they said they were going to offer a v8 in that little canyon, it ought to scream.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    My 84 year old grandpa just got out of open heart surgery and it went well. Wooooo!

Good to hear.

It always amazes me the ability of the human body to withstand such massive stress at advanced age.

We operated on a 94 year old about a year ago and as of a few months ago we heard from the patient that they were doing well.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Alright, I've gotta toot my own horn here. Nobody has commented on my picture of my rooster swimming in the pool... did it get missed in the truck discussion?

It's a rooster... that goes swimming like a duck....

Nobody's impressed?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You have an Ariens snowblower too, one of the better quality ones out there. Always better to get a two stage for the heavy wet snows we get around here.

yes bought it a few years ago instead of my rcbs pro 2000 press but after this and the last snowxtorm (last year) i say it was a very good investment. no back issues and easy to clean snow, neighboor's snow, and sidewalk for the kids for school.

i got it at the 'valpo' store on us-30 right after the deep river water park.
    after this winter is over will have to change the oil for sure.
    lots of use ghis year.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    yes bought it a few years ago instead of my rcbs pro 2000 press but after this and the last snowxtorm (last year) i say it was a very good investment. no back issues and easy to clean snow, neighboor's snow, and sidewalk for the kids for school.

i got it at the 'valpo' store on us-30 right after the deep river water park.
    after this winter is over will have to change the oil for sure.
    lots of use ghis year.

Had mine since 1999 and I had to rebuild the carb fours years ago, only thing I did to it except for changing oil and plug on it. Still looks like new.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Alright, I've gotta toot my own horn here. Nobody has commented on my picture of my rooster swimming in the pool... did it get missed in the truck discussion?

Nobody's impressed?
    Sorry. Didn't have an idea what the picture was. You said something for Bob and I thought it was some sort of a cigar case.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Pansies ... I got this baby over twenty years ago. It still throws snow pretty well. Starts every time and runs like a champ. It even does double duty as work-out equipment.

scoop_shovel.18163454_std.jpg

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

Nobody's impressed?

Not sure how I missed that. Sounds incredible.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey a little heads up... a bud of mine had a Glock 17, serial # is MGT 450 stolen from him last friday night in Portage. Keep your eyes out for it please...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Pansies ... I got this baby over twenty years ago. It still throws snow pretty well. Starts every time and runs like a champ. It even does double duty as work-out equipment.

scoop_shovel.18163454_std.jpg
    You are welcome to come clean my drive with that. :):

You can even use one of mine. They also have character from lots of use on stuff other than snow usually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom